Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With new exterminate missions, can we spread enemies out better

Sepharoth

I don't care much for the new exterminate missions. I get all the enemies I need in either the first half or first 2/3rds of the mission leaving the rest of the mission very empty and very boring. I also get about 50% of the enemies I need for the mission right near the spawn point or in the first map segment. The enemies used to be much more spread out than they are now. I know this was to fix the spawn issue of not getting enough enemies but there has to be a better way to accomplish this. I am tired of having half of the mission almost empty because the game can't seem to spread the enemies out throughout the entire mission now. Please take a look at this and either go back to the old exterminate mission type or fix this new one. Thanks.

Actually I feel these missions are too easy to exploit now....you can sit in one spot and they will simply appear and come after you.

Now it is simply a matter of having your pet do the work for you....don't have to lift a finger....and the pet after about 8 hours will give you tons of stuff too.

I too liked the old mission...never had the not spawning thing....only thing I ever had was more enemies appearing...so the defeat 200 became defeat 210 then 250 then 300 then up and up.

And its worse in rift missions...for some reason rifts appear right on top of each other a lot....I have screen shots of over 100 enemies appearing in a spy mission...super easy exploit....I went from a level 1 frame to level 30 in about 10 minutes...just let my sentinel do the work...while I left to get some food.

I feel like they should have altered the missions so that if you didn't get enough....then you could spawn more by simply getting to your ship exit point....which would either spawn more for you to complete it....or pull the ones around to you like a rift does.

For my 2 cents, an exterminate mission should have something like 3 sections. First third being traveling and getting into a facility. which could be done with an outside tileset or via pipes for example, the actual part in the complex where you have to deal with the general troops, and then have the actual "extermination" part being more specialized enemies, with some dynamic events depending on how noisy you are, and how long you take.

I mean, that's a "mission" of sorts, while what we have now is a linear random spawn of enemies on a random linear block of tiles, it's basically using the game engine on the laziest setting.

If you have played the original Gauntlet game, that is exactly what it feels like now. The only thing missing is voice overs like "Banshee is out of ammo" and "Mag needs Health badly!"