The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Make Life Support Drop More Often (Maybe)

I have noticed as I'm playing survival missions that if I kill an enemy and he drops life support but I don't pick it up, it seems that more drops after that as long as you don't pick it up. Is anyone able to confirm this? If this does work, then first of all, it is really a strange mechanic, but also, this could be a way that people who solo survivals can sustain life support

Note: I did put this in a comment on another thread but it appeared that either nobody had the answer or people didn't see it, so I made a topic about it so people would see it.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Considering their drop is RNG... your solution should just be called 'Nekros'.

Just now, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Nekros and some slash weapons. Or kill really fast.

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the fact when you don't pick it up it seems to drop more often, and I'm not the only one who experiences this. Yes those will help it drop often, but that is not the point in this thread.

Just now, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the fact when you don't pick it up it seems to drop more often, and I'm not the only one who experiences this. Yes those will help it drop often, but that is not the point in this thread.

I don't know if that's how it works. I've never experienced that before.

Would be nice to add some defense into survival optionally. you protect a built in air station (Grineer Toxin Injector mission) as the enemy trying to blow it up. as long as you defend it, air wont go down. But like the toxin injector, you need a equipment item to activate it. The better the ingredient to purify the air, the longer the defense lasts. So gives plant scanning even more uses.

As for not picking up drops to make things drop more. Thats a placebo.

Edited by Firetempest

Just now, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I stated why that happens right in my first sentence. It's our little 'friend' RNG. There can be a LOT of Air not picked up, how fair would it be to our foes if we just didn't pick up air for a minute and manage to accumulate enough containers on the ground to last a long time with next to no difficulty?

the main thing ive seen personally is that once all the LS Towers are out, the LS drops themselves decrease....but once you use a tower or two the drop rate increases again....and killing fast and not camping the same room increases the drop rate also

I very much wish surivivals worked the same whether solo or in a group. When you have a team you almost never have to even touch the LS that spawns in from lotus drops, but when solo, you barely ever get a life support drop from a mob. 

I notice in excavations that when a team runs them you get a lot of powerups for the drills but when I'm solo there are times when no power will drop at all and I have no choice but to let the drill be destroyed even though I am capable of defeating the enemies. 

There is to wide a gap in the mechanics between solo play and team play, It would be nice if DE would reduce that gap some by adjusting the frequency of drops for solo play to be more in line with team play.