The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

18 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

True, yet this passive is just the one he had before he had gotten the taming one and there are many other frames with almost useless or niche passives. Which is why I suggest a limit to the amount of times an animal could be tamed on top of increasing a companions stats. I still find a lot of frames passives are so extremely niche like Rhinos, which doesn't even work, that they deserve an addition to their passives. For example, giving Mag an innate faster shield recharge for her and allies nearby due to her magnetic powers. Ember would take less damage from heat procs while also gaining energy while on fire, Frost would be more immune to the cold, etc.

I personally like the idea of his old passive I just don't think they did enough with it. If the creatures you tamed became part of your team (received your buffs/heals) and were permanent until their death, that would be awesome (maybe at a cap of like 9 kubrows/kavats at a time that DID NOT interfere with mission completion). Imagine having a horde of minions that help defend your hallowed ground. Although niche, I personally think that would be awesome, but given the passive's history and most of the community disliking it, I don't see DE ever returning to it.

My only problem is that renewal doesn't work well will Nekros. When he revives his enemies it takes a toll even if Oberon doesn't want to heal them and only his fellow tenno. Hallowed ground also needs fire effects added to make it more visible, but I heard you were working on it so take your time. Also, can you combine the new and the old Beastmaster abilities? That would be great, thanks!

6 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Not a fan of rage for aforementioned reasons, plus allowing his passive to have that much possibility to generate Rage would hurt the strength of whatever energy the rest of his kit offered.

I agree that it'd be cool if Hallowed Ground had some sort of energy gaining mechanic and the energy per rad proc or kill ideas are solid. That would scale very well, it doesn't matter what level enemies you are facing you would be able to reap the benefits.

That said, the idea I've been pushing is "While on Hallowed Ground, every time a projectile created by Smite hits a target you gain X energy." It is often complained about that the damage Smite does is split more and more the higher you power strength is, this idea would turn that into a positive. Less str = smite is more focused and deals more % damage, more str = smite is spread out and but produces energy.

I really like your idea about smite, but unless the energy return amount is substantial, I think it's a bit counterintuitive to use smite at that point since the energy cost of hallowed ground on top of the cost of smite (when cast frequently to gain energy) is going to be a very small amount of energy regenerated. And both corrupted strength mods reduce something important to either smite or hallowed ground meaning that you have less time to recover energy while on hallowed ground (due to less duration) or a higher cost for both abilities in conjunction to each other (due to less efficiency). It's not a bad suggestion but there needs to be either a ton of orbs or a high energy refund on casting smite.

Maybe if hallowed ground reduced the cost of smite as well as allowed smite to gain energy, that would be an interesting solution, but I maintain that without hallowed ground being able to be mobile Oberon is encouraged to stay in the same place, which means he's going to likely accumulate some damage which goes back to why I like the rage passive idea. However, there are merits to your argument against it, so at this point it's difficult to come to an agreement on how Oberon should keep his energy consistent.

Can you rework the radiation proc to limit field of view? Radiation doesn't do much unless that was your intention. If not, then please replace radiation with fire, blast, or toxin possibly. Or maybe all his abilities could have a chance of stunning enemies for 10 seconds. I don't know why, but that sounds a lot more majestic.

1 hour ago, (PS4)destroyerchris1 said:

Honestly I think one of Oberon's BIGGEST weaknesses isn't even his abilities themselves which need tweaking a bit but their damage type/element. What I mean by that is Oberon's abilities are designed around Radiation everyone knows that. But a GIGANTIC focus of Oberon is the radiation proc's confusion which makes enemies attack each other. That's his main utility from his powers is the radiation proc and that's supposed to be where his survivability, cc, and scaling comes from. The big problem with that is Radiation is horribly and I mean horribly inconsistent with it's proc. You can proc confusion and enemies sitting literally 2 feet from each other will still not attack each other and prioritize you anyways as if there was no proc. This happens the majority of the time even with a massive application of Rad procs enemies will still prioritize you so any utility confusion should be giving gets thrown out the window because of how inconsistent it is... The few times it does work as intended it works beautifully but those moments are few and far between and tend to happen when you proc confusion then run far away so they don't prioritize you anymore. Radiation's proc is weak and broken and has always been his main issue to me. I mean look at Nyx and her powers effects which are identical to what a rad proc would do. Major difference is Nyx confusion actually works and is reliable in that when she does it you can be sitting right in front of an enemy and they prioritize their allies over you. If the elemental combo's status proc that Oberon is centered around actually worked he would be SO much better. He would have survivability and utility but DE puts way to much faith in the current rad proc and it just doesn't work as it should. Its the only status proc that's so severely inconsistent. Imagine if ember's status proc we're as inconsistent the fire would have no CC. Or if saryns viral didn't halve enemy health all the time or if frost ice rarely ever slowed enemies. Radiation's proc is a major problem of why Oberon falls short of where he should be to me. But that's the damage types fault more so then his. Bottom line is an enemy should not be attacking you with confusion active period and enemies surrounding that enemy should actually prioritize the confused enemy over you instead of ignoring confusion all together and gunning for you anyways.

If there was a way to manage the enemies aggro towards yourself and your teammates while they are radiated it would be solid, the question is how. Thinking about what you said, I kinda want to see Oberon to have a unique reaction to radiation unlike most frames where it's more effective, but then again, why just make it exclusive to him. I wish radiation was just better I guess, but it's good to discuss solutions, I appreciate the point you bring up.

Disclaimers:

Last time I played Oberon seriously was when he got the effects added to his abilities (rads, blind, etc.). So 2.5ish years ago? idk offhand.
I've picked him (for PvE) less than 6 times since then.

I've now run him, entirely in pugs without voice coms, through 2 days of sorties (today's and Sunday's), which included a Kuva Fortress MD and a Grineer Shipyard Def (both with elemental enhancements), which is as close to an ideal situation for Oberon as possible.
Also, some 20ish level 30+ missions of varying types, and including endless and Kuva Fortress missions.

Balance is relative.
Since I don't know compared to what DE intend Oberon to be balanced, I'll mostly be talking about mechanics rather than stats.

I haven't run any kind of methodical tests, since I have no idea what I'd want to be testing for.
Everything I say here is based on how he feels to me.
As such, some of what I say about him might be factually wrong.
If so, I leave you to consider what that says about the game's presentation.

My Oberon isn't maxed out, but between a V aura, a potato and a forma, I had a decent amount of modding flexibility.
Ran through high range, high str, high dur and "balanced".
I did not try any augments aside from Phoenix Renewal.

-----

So, let's go through his skillset:

Passive - Nothing to say here.
Somewhat thematic, binarily yes/not situational - slightly helpful when applicable, certainly not a gamechanger.

Smite -
Rad on command is nice. Damage is, I believe, on the high end of 'normal', but is flat damage, so falls off rather fast.
Orbs' scaling is most significant against high value single targets, otherwise tends to go unnoticed.
50m cast range is very nice, and high enough not to need more/able to get by with less.

Hallowed Ground -
Honestly, of strictly limited use.
Plop it down around a defense objective, because why not, or when you get procced - but aside from that, I found it most useful as a 'fire-and-forget' way to mine a choke point.
Also, it gets reduced effect from range mods, (25% on radius, 75% on angle) which means that it doesn't work well with the Reckoning synergy.
and between that, the thankfully generous base angle and strength being crucial for Iron/Renewal - makes using Overextended for better coverage/full circle not worth the penalty.

Renewal / Iron Renewal -
Renewal was mostly able to catch all the team, as long as they were anywhere nearby.
Applying Iron Renewal, however, was often an issue.

Iron Renewal with neutral-or-higher strength actually does a surprisingly good job at keeping you alive-and-full through attrition.
Even with Iron Renewal, however, you won't be facetanking well, but you'll survive pretty much anything that doesn't gib you before you can cast your Reckoning (for a regen/breather).

Reckoning -
Reckoning outscaling HG's range doesn't do much for the armor strip HG synergy, given that it stops enemies in their tracks outside your HG's range.
Between that, armor's effect being opaque (i.e. you can't look at damage done/taken and say 'oh, armor's damage reduction had this much effect' unless you're the type to math and/or track every single number) and partial armor reduction having no UI indication, I honestly couldn't tell whether the armor strip synergy even actually works.

Non-extreme duration doesn't make much of a difference, so I mostly ended up using it for CC/breathing room to regen.

Str is important to Iron/Renewal, range doesn't affect his 1 or 3 much, and affects his 2 and 4 to different degrees. Between that and Overextended hurting I/R, I didn't find it worth the slot.
Energy Conversion is basically useless to you, since Renewal will always be the second ability you use.
And with Renewal being a toggled ability, Oberon is completely reliant on drops/Rage for energy, having no way in-kit to regain energy or mitigate costs, so Blind Rage's +str isn't worth the price. As usual.
Likewise duration doesn't make a huge difference to anything, so Narrow Minded's bonus isn't worth the price.

I've pretty much ended up with this build (last slot being Rage or Phoenix Renewal), and found Oberon working best for me as a 'buff and forget' healbot in survivable-enemy level content, with Smite and Reckoning as single target/AoE Rad or CC as required.
Phoenix Renewal is quite nice, but I'm thinking it's not worth the slot compared with Rage. And I almost never use Rage. Only frame I have with Rage is Wu Kong.

Verdict -
He's a better learning frame than before, and ought to be able to take you through most anything the star chart can throw at you without insane mods.
Can manage to contribute as well as keeping himself and allies alive even through an elemental sortie 3 with mods, but by the time you have said mods, you'll have better options available to you.

Still don't see myself using him.
Buff and forget doesn't appeal to me (which is why I rarely use Mirage, Chroma, and - since the Peacemaker change - Mesa),
for objective defense he's hugely underperforming compared with either Frost or Limbo (or Nova, or Nyx (with or without Assimilate), or Loki (with or without ID), or Nezha, or Rhino, or...),
and for CC, there are more reliable frames with kits I enjoy more.

Edited by Chroia
Forgot Energy Conversion note.

12 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Brozime suggested something on stream I like.

Flat cost for renewal per tic. You by yourself? Whole Group? Bunch of Allies? Same cost. This means you arne't punished for helping a group.

Yeah doesn't even need to be that low so long as it actually scales with effeicancy

1 hour ago, Chroia said:

Still don't see myself using him.
Buff and forget doesn't appeal to me (which is why I rarely use Mirage, Chroma, and - since the Peacemaker change - Mesa),
for objective defense he's hugely underperforming compared with either Frost or Limbo (or Nova, or Nyx (with or without Assimilate), or Loki (with or without ID), or Nezha, or Rhino, or...),
and for CC, there are more reliable frames with kits I enjoy more.

Your analysis was really well thought out in my opinion and I agree with most of what you said, and especially appreciate your disclaimer regarding DE. Hearing Scott say he was satisfied with how the rework turned out (not in that exact quote) it's hard to tell what exactly the developers were going for with his rework. Though I am of the opinion that he is still better than before, Being an Oberon main, I wanted much more than what I got. Chroma is already my second most used frame and though I like the buff and forget playstyle he offers, I find that that's not supposed to be the point of Oberon and even so Oberon can't even do that as well as chroma. Just like you said through, I found that exact playstyle was what I ended up doing with Oberon, which is a real let down. He's in a strange spot for me, and I'm very much hoping the rework isn't finished. In my opinion he currently suffers from energy managment while remaining "not tanky enough" to truly utilize rage (but getting away with it up to mid-teir enemy level because buff and forget) all the while being dependant on range, strength, efficiency, and duration (for albiet high build variation, but lack luster execution). As well as the fact that he is encouraged to use a "camping" playstyle due to HG and all his abilities synergizing with it, but not the range or the tanking ability to support such a position, and just as you said, is completely outclassed by most other frames with that type of playstyle. 

I want Oberon to be good, and I really don't want DE to be discouraged and give up on his rework because of all of the suggestions being thrown around, but that being said, I hope they have the ability to decide what role they want him to fill. Plus, the better the rework becomes, the more money they will make off of the prime release, and the current opinion of the community doesn't seem to be conducive to their potential profit. I'm just glad they offer the forums and people are being active on it, if the community keeps this up and communication from DE continues I really see this rework coming out on top. 

Tldr; Chroi thank you for your feedback. DE please please please don't be done yet

Edited by Oni_Spartan4
Clarified

7 hours ago, Iccotak said:

Skip to around 1:20:00 into the video. Xenogelion is a long time Oberon main and gives specifics into why he loves the Oberon rework.

I love his broberon build.

my only missing mod for mine is p.vig(can easily use normal vig)

i keep telling people Oberon can be extremely tanky if modded really specifically 

9 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

I'm still going to use him in hopes he gets attention but...

I just. A little nudge. I'm only asking for an inch, not a mile. Just an inch.

Agreed. I plan on pumping more forma into my oberon for when consoles get the rework.

i mean, my 1-2 forma build is already stupid op as is, but his build? Damn its pure genius.

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

I love his broberon build.

my only missing mod for mine is p.vig(can easily use normal vig)

i keep telling people Oberon can be extremely tanky if modded really specifically 

I've watched Xenogelion's analysis and although he's absolutely right in that Oberon has achieved quite a bit of a buff to his tankyness (i run almost the same build but with streamline instead of constitution), that leaves him in the same position of Chroma in that he is relying on two abilities. If you notice in the video, he hardly ever uses his 2, 1, or 4 (and though it could be argued its that he doesn't need to) this ultimately defeats the purpose of Oberon being a jack of all trades (CC, Armor buff/debuff, HOT support). If I were to post a full thread/comment about my opinion on changes I want to see, would you guys analyze it critically for me? 

1 minute ago, Oni_Spartan4 said:

I've watched Xenogelion's analysis and although he's absolutely right in that Oberon has achieved quite a bit of a buff to his tankyness (i run almost the same build but with streamline instead of constitution), that leaves him in the same position of Chroma in that he is relying on two abilities. If you notice in the video, he hardly ever uses his 2, 1, or 4 (and though it could be argued its that he doesn't need to) this ultimately defeats the purpose of Oberon being a jack of all trades (CC, Armor buff/debuff, HOT support). If I were to post a full thread/comment about my opinion on changes I want to see, would you guys analyze it critically for me? 

I'd have no problem with that.

5 hours ago, Oni_Spartan4 said:

If there was a way to manage the enemies aggro towards yourself and your teammates while they are radiated it would be solid, the question is how. Thinking about what you said, I kinda want to see Oberon to have a unique reaction to radiation unlike most frames where it's more effective, but then again, why just make it exclusive to him. I wish radiation was just better I guess, but it's good to discuss solutions, I appreciate the point you bring up.

Honestly I just wish DE would make radiation do what it says it does reliably which it currently doesn't. You go into the simulacrum spawn enemies. You irradiate all of them with the status proc annnnd their all pretty much still shooting at you... With luck you'll divert one to three enemies to attack each other but you get to close and they pop their attention back onto you this goes for both irradiated and non irradiated enemies close by that's how weak the proc is . Even Octavia's mallet ability diverts aggro much more effectively then radiation proc's and Nyx's abilities are exactly what radiation should be doing except it isn't. If the moment confusion procs enemies dropped aggro on you and actually attacked each other reliably he'd be much better off and you'd have survivability as the enemies would actually be attacking each other instead of you or teammates. Right now the proc is almost more of a gimmick then an actual functioning utility. This is why on paper he sounds like he should work great but in play he struggles because his abilities aren't actually working as stated they should and DE built him with the intention that Radiation would divert aggro reliably. It's why smite irradiates the initial target to draw fire and debuffs surrounding enemies with puncture proc to make it harder for the surrounding enemies to kill the irradiated target. It's also why hallowed ground procs radiation to divert attention from you giving breathing room for you and allies and creating a mosh pit of enemies attacking each other. The huge issue with that is it doesn't actually do that during play because the proc just isn't reliable. Confused enemies still attack you and prioritize you and nearby enemies couldn't give a flying turd about the irradiated enemies and also still attack/prioritize you. Fix what radiation is supposed to do and all of a sudden Oberon is a lot more viable I sincerely believe that.

I want to preface my feedback by mentioning that I've been exclusively playing as Oberon since the rework dropped to really get a feel for the his kit. The playtesting I did was predominantly within these select missions: Sorties (both solo and with groups), Kuva Floods, Kuva Siphons, and some extended (1 hour+) survival missions. I'll layout my feedback by listing the ability, the problem I see within the ability, and suggest what could make it feel better.

Smite: The damage Smite does against non-armored enemies is actually fine, however, the problem with this ability arises when this ability is used on moderately to highly armored enemies. I understand the damage this ability offers mainly comes from the projectiles emitted by Smite, but I do believe this is really lacking against highly armored heavy enemies (Napalms, Bombards, Heavy Gunners) that players may face in a Sortie. Otherwise, this ability currently functions as a form of cheap, one handed crowd control which I'm fine with!

Hollowed Ground: The problem I have with this ability is its vertical reach, or rather how long the ability is. I feel as though it's never quite long enough to reach enemies to benefit from the various synergies it has within Oberon's 4th ability Reckoning. The less the player would have to cast this ability in order to reach enemies, the better it would be for players to reserve the very much needed energy for Renewal and Reckoning. Otherwise, I'm okay with what this ability offers (status immunity, cheap CC, etc).

Renewal: The energy drain interaction this ability has with Shadows of the Dead seriously needs to be addressed. The energy drain that scales per teammate is also asking too much relative to Oberon's low energy pool. This ability is possibly his most useful, and I don't see too many issues with its current iteration.

Reckoning: The problem with this ability, which is a problem I see that's present in both Smite and Hallowed Ground is Radiation is not a very strong OR reliable form of crowd control. Having 3 of his abilities rely solely on the interaction between dodgy enemy AI and the inconsistency of radiation procs leads to unreliable crowd control. Due to the unreliability of rad procs, players will need to constantly cast this ability which further hurts his energy pool. The very short initial crowd control this ability has is about as useful as Mag's 4th ability, and that's not good. I would like to see some of the following mechanics which already exist in the ability get altered/tweaked to function as so: 

1) The blind this ability offers should be changed from "affecting the surrounding enemies" to "enemies affected by reckoning" - so when enemies recover from the initial slam of Reckoning, they're also blinded for a very short duration. 

2) I think one change that seriously needs to be considered is the health orb drop mechanic that's currently in place. Even in moderately high level missions (level 50 or so), this ability will rarely kill armored enemies for this to even be reliable in any way. I would like to see this get changed from "50% chance to drop a health orb on enemies who succumb to Reckoning" to "XX% chance to drop a health orb by enemies affected by Reckoning." In my opinion, this would make his survivability considerably better in high level content due to him being able to fully take advantage of the Health Conversion mod with this change

3) The armor reduction stacking needs to get looked at again. If I have 200% power strength with 59-60% armor reduction, it should not take several casts to strip enemy armor. This ability is already quite expensive to cast, especially when considering the various synergies in place with Hallowed Ground. Why can't this just take 2 casts to strip enemy armor (relative to the power strength I listed)?? The less the player has to spam this ability, the better it would be for his very low energy pool. 

Passive: More of a side-grade to his original passive, and that was already pretty bad to begin with. I'd like to see a passive that helps his energy consumption issues. Maybe a built in Rage mod-like passive that others have suggested? I understand this is meant to be a thematic passive, but DE pls, this is not really helping Oberon. 

TL;DR/Closing thoughts/Summary: Oberon is in a better spot than he once was, but if only very, very slightly. Personally, I would like to see him stack up against other frames like Excalibur, Nova, Frost, Rhino, Loki, Volt, etc. - but right now, he's really lacking in high level content. To summarize: Smite struggles against highly level armored enemies, but is okay as is. Hallowed Ground could use a range buff, in my opinion. Sure, it's cool that this ability becomes more circular as you add range mods to it, but why can't this extend further than it does to closely match the range of Reckoning? Renewal could have its energy drain per ally toned down a bit, but is great as is. Lastly, Reckoning is an ability that players are forced to cast excessively due to its unreliable CC at higher levels. I suggest taking a look at reworking the blinding effect, the health orb drop mechanic (so Oberon could fully utilize the Health Conversion Mod), and the Armor reduction stacking on multiple casts. The less the players have to cast this ability, the better it is for his incredibly limited energy pool. And also, please change his passive - it's not very helpful our buddy Oberon!

21 minutes ago, Vulsar said:

I want to preface my feedback by mentioning that I've been exclusively playing as Oberon since the rework dropped to really get a feel for the his kit. The playtesting I did was predominantly within these select missions: Sorties (both solo and with groups), Kuva Floods, Kuva Siphons, and some extended (1 hour+) survival missions. I'll layout my feedback by listing the ability, the problem I see within the ability, and suggest what could make it feel better.

Smite: The damage Smite does against non-armored enemies is actually fine, however, the problem with this ability arises when this ability is used on moderately to highly armored enemies. I understand the damage this ability offers mainly comes from the projectiles emitted by Smite, but I do believe this is really lacking against highly armored heavy enemies (Napalms, Bombards, Heavy Gunners) that players may face in a Sortie. Otherwise, this ability currently functions as a form of cheap, one handed crowd control which I'm fine with!

Hollowed Ground: The problem I have with this ability is its vertical reach, or rather how long the ability is. I feel as though it's never quite long enough to reach enemies to benefit from the various synergies it has within Oberon's 4th ability Reckoning. The less the player would have to cast this ability in order to reach enemies, the better it would be for players to reserve the very much needed energy for Renewal and Reckoning. Otherwise, I'm okay with what this ability offers (status immunity, cheap CC, etc).

Renewal: The energy drain interaction this ability has with Shadows of the Dead seriously needs to be addressed. The energy drain that scales per teammate is also asking too much relative to Oberon's low energy pool. This ability is possibly his most useful, and I don't see too many issues with its current iteration.

Reckoning: The problem with this ability, which is a problem I see that's present in both Smite and Hallowed Ground is Radiation is not a very strong OR reliable form of crowd control. Having 3 of his abilities rely solely on the interaction between dodgy enemy AI and the inconsistency of radiation procs leads to unreliable crowd control. Due to the unreliability of rad procs, players will need to constantly cast this ability which further hurts his energy pool. The very short initial crowd control this ability has is about as useful as Mag's 4th ability, and that's not good. I would like to see some of the following mechanics which already exist in the ability get altered/tweaked to function as so: 

1) The blind this ability offers should be changed from "affecting the surrounding enemies" to "enemies affected by reckoning" - so when enemies recover from the initial slam of Reckoning, they're also blinded for a very short duration. 

2) I think one change that seriously needs to be considered is the health orb drop mechanic that's currently in place. Even in moderately high level missions (level 50 or so), this ability will rarely kill armored enemies for this to even be reliable in any way. I would like to see this get changed from "50% chance to drop a health orb on enemies who succumb to Reckoning" to "XX% chance to drop a health orb by enemies affected by Reckoning." In my opinion, this would make his survivability considerably better in high level content due to him being able to fully take advantage of the Health Conversion mod with this change

3) The armor reduction stacking needs to get looked at again. If I have 200% power strength with 59-60% armor reduction, it should not take several casts to strip enemy armor. This ability is already quite expensive to cast, especially when considering the various synergies in place with Hallowed Ground. Why can't this just take 2 casts to strip enemy armor (relative to the power strength I listed)?? The less the player has to spam this ability, the better it would be for his very low energy pool. 

Passive: More of a side-grade to his original passive, and that was already pretty bad to begin with. I'd like to see a passive that helps his energy consumption issues. Maybe a built in Rage mod-like passive that others have suggested? I understand this is meant to be a thematic passive, but DE pls, this is not really helping Oberon. 

TL;DR/Closing thoughts/Summary: Oberon is in a better spot than he once was, but if only very, very slightly. Personally, I would like to see him stack up against other frames like Excalibur, Nova, Frost, Rhino, Loki, Volt, etc. - but right now, he's really lacking in high level content. To summarize: Smite struggles against highly level armored enemies, but is okay as is. Hallowed Ground could use a range buff, in my opinion. Sure, it's cool that this ability becomes more circular as you add range mods to it, but why can't this extend further than it does to closely match the range of Reckoning? Renewal could have its energy drain per ally toned down a bit, but is great as is. Lastly, Reckoning is an ability that players are forced to cast excessively due to its unreliable CC at higher levels. I suggest taking a look at reworking the blinding effect, the health orb drop mechanic (so Oberon could fully utilize the Health Conversion Mod), and the Armor reduction stacking on multiple casts. The less the players have to cast this ability, the better it is for his incredibly limited energy pool. And also, please change his passive - it's not very helpful our buddy Oberon!

Its even funnier with xeno's build rendering all but HG and renewal moot, even those are casted once a piece in high level.

enemies keep hurting you cuz you squishy, renewal heals 100 hp/s, dmg regens energy cuz rage.

repeat ad infitum 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

Its even funnier with xeno's build rendering all but HG and renewal moot, even those are casted once a piece in high level.

enemies keep hurting you cuz you squishy, renewal heals 100 hp/s, dmg regens energy cuz rage.

repeat ad infitum 

Huh?

Just now, Vulsar said:

Huh?

There's an oberon build(linked above in a 2hr vid) that shows Oberon pulling a wukong with 800 armor, 100hp regen per second and rage causing a feedback loop of hp loss-energy gain and hp regen via renewal.

i've always said Oberon has the potential to be wukong levels of tanky....just needed the right build to prove it.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

There's an oberon build(linked above in a 2hr vid) that shows Oberon pulling a wukong with 800 armor, 100hp regen per second and rage causing a feedback loop of hp loss-energy gain and hp regen via renewal.

i've always said Oberon has the potential to be wukong levels of tanky....just needed the right build to prove it.

Okay that's interesting but I'm having trouble finding exactly what you're referencing. Can you possibly give me a timestamp showing this build off or tell me what the build is? 

1 minute ago, Vulsar said:

Okay that's interesting but I'm having trouble finding exactly what you're referencing. Can you possibly give me a timestamp showing this build off or tell me what the build is? 

It's around the 1 hr 20 min mark. It's a basic Oberon tank build with power str. The recursive rage-renewal relationship has been around since his conception, it's just easier to use now because his renewal gives armor and doesn't turn off. People are making it out to be some sort of first time build, for some reason.

12 minutes ago, Vulsar said:

I actually just realized I completely misunderstood your post.....oops?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)maelstromm15 said:

It's around the 1 hr 20 min mark. It's a basic Oberon tank build with power str. The recursive rage-renewal relationship has been around since his conception, it's just easier to use now because his renewal gives armor and doesn't turn off. People are making it out to be some sort of first time build, for some reason.

Oh okay, that's exactly what I was thinking of. Yeah, like you said it's not a new build. I've known about that myself (and use it). Thanks for clarifying.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

He was playing with mogamu who was also running an Oberon and the renewal buffs stack. He got A LOT tankier but the vid doesn't show the fall off when you're playing as the only Oberon. Hes deceptively tanky in the vid because he has 2 iron renewal buffs stacked on him giving him another 508 armor he wouldn't normally have he's still not on wukongs lvl. Many ppl thought about this build right off bat when they made renewal a toggle a bunch of light bulbs went off to imitate defy it wasn't exactly an original idea. It works to an extent but it's just that a less effective version of defy. Plus when you're playing with 4 ppl the drain is heavier then with just 2 ppl. Around the 30 minute mark you have to start to use CC and parkour or you'll get damaged down. Pheonix renewal essentially makes it a carbon copy of defy with a 90 second cool down so it's still lesser then defy lol. The upside is it's usable on the team but that comes with a heavier drain. He's much tankier but the usual tank role frames are still better at tanking. Which is fine but even with a niche build for tanking he still falls short to other tanks going this route in my opinion kinda messes up his other potentials. A hybrid build is best on a jack of all trades frame to me to up that versatility that much more. Of course that's just my take.

1 minute ago, (PS4)destroyerchris1 said:

He was playing with mogamu who was also running an Oberon and the renewal buffs stack. He got A LOT tankier but the vid doesn't show the fall off when you're playing as the only Oberon. Hes deceptively tanky in the vid because he has 2 iron renewal buffs stacked on him giving him another 508 armor he wouldn't normally have he's still not on wukongs lvl. Many ppl thought about this build right off bat when they made renewal a toggle a bunch of light bulbs went off to imitate defy it wasn't exactly an original idea. It works to an extent but it's just that a less effective version of defy. Plus when you're playing with 4 ppl the drain is heavier then with just 2 ppl. Around the 30 minute mark you have to start to use CC and parkour or you'll get damaged down. Pheonix renewal essentially makes it a carbon copy of defy with a 90 second cool down so it's still lesser then defy lol. The upside is it's usable on the team but that comes with a heavier drain. He's much tankier but the usual tank role frames are still better at tanking. Which is fine but even with a niche build for tanking he still falls short to other tanks going this route in my opinion kinda messes up his other potentials. A hybrid build is best on a jack of all trades frame to me to up that versatility that much more. Of course that's just my take.

Well, yeah...i was mostly aware of rage+renewal infinite feedback, but i never tried it due to the lack of rage at the time, and oberon's initial squishy. As he is on consoles, he'd lose more hp than renewal would heal due to not being able to hit that 800 armor.

post-revisit, he has a middle-class version of defy+rage. Still stupid tanky, and i love it

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

Well, yeah...i was mostly aware of rage+renewal infinite feedback, but i never tried it due to the lack of rage at the time, and oberon's initial squishy. As he is on consoles, he'd lose more hp than renewal would heal due to not being able to hit that 800 armor.

post-revisit, he has a middle-class version of defy+rage. Still stupid tanky, and i love it

Usually I can get by against sortie level enemies with a strength based rage-vitality-QT-P flow build, on console. There's what I've always used on him for solo and tanking. The only time I died in general was when renewal ran out of heal time or I got fully healed, which should be solved with the rework. It's not an infinite survival tank or anything, but it's workable.