The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

Aw, that armor removal feels so good. Double tap Reckoning to strip em bare, and Reckoning actually stands a feasible chance to kill high level enemies for those sweet sweet Health Orbs to spawn. Gotta give Health Conversion another go.

1 minute ago, -Defeater- said:

thats still like 8 energy per second for a heal over time which doesnt help much in the long run. meanwhile trin will give you 75% reduction to all damage as long as youre within affinity range for nothing since she has pretty much has infinite energy as long as you cast a 2 after you bless. also, if anything happens to you, say you fall in a pit or run into a nullifier, your whole team loses the buff, and with the tiny range his 3 has, chances are your team wont be getting the buff  unless you ask them to come grab it. maybe the energy drain isnt that bad but its certainly a lot for what it does.   

i have no issues with the peeps i run into with my oberon.... and i run with randoms most of the time atm

Just now, blazeshadow44 said:

how about lights for hallowed ground, mix the original and the new hallowed ground together, slow the mostion, maybe some smokey texture....

i have a feeling theyre going to wait for the prime version to make it look better to go along with the theme of giving some primes a visually different ability

30 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

Changes are good, but dont address issue with having to corral everyone into one spot to get the renewal buff. Changes to synergy with hallowed ground are good though.  

The changes do in fact alleviate the pressure on the armor buff.  As you see in the notes, if the player steps on HG at any time during renewal then they get the buff.  Since the door to the buff is always open while renewal is on, the issue is addressed well enough. 

Just now, -Defeater- said:

thats still like 8 energy per second for a heal over time which doesnt help much in the long run. meanwhile trin will give you 75% reduction to all damage as long as youre within affinity range for nothing since she has pretty much has infinite energy as long as you cast a 2 after you bless. also, if anything happens to you, say you fall in a pit or run into a nullifier, your whole team loses the buff, and with the tiny range his 3 has, chances are your team wont be getting the buff  unless you ask them to come grab it. maybe the energy drain isnt that bad but its certainly a lot for what it does.   

I agree with you. I don't think the drain is enough to be a problem, however what it does isn't strong enough to warrant there being one in the first place. That said, its cool that they reduced the cost of healing minions in case it does need to be reapplied for whatever reason and I also feel that the strength of Phoenix Renewal alone is enough to warrant there being a drain.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Aw, that armor removal feels so good. Double tap Reckoning to strip em bare, and Reckoning actually stands a feasible chance to kill high level enemies for those sweet sweet Health Orbs to spawn. Gotta give Health Conversion another go.

Awesome!

3 minutes ago, blazeshadow44 said:

just dodge the nullies and avoid falling, thats all you have to do

3 minutes ago, blazeshadow44 said:

but how does tht sound to you? 

ok maybe you can do that, but i see a lot of people fall in pits lol especially new people who maybe arent as savvy with the controls, who are the people who would probably need the buff the most. i guess if you see someone struggling then maybe you can focus them, but babysitting doesnt sound like a fun role to play. 

I dont like the sound of it, im jsut saying i think thats what theyre going to do. i think if they do that, they should at least make the current one look a little better 

Edited by -Defeater-

2 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:
  5 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

never had isssues with it and the heal is enough for me.  i go to get hurt, replenish reserves and keep my peeps happy

5 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

ok maybe you can do that, but i see a lot of people fall in pits lol especially new people who maybe arent as savvy with the controls, who are the people who would probably need the buff the most. i guess if you see someone struggling then maybe you can focus them, but babysitting doesnt sound like a fun role to play. 

I dont like the sound of it, im jsut saying i think thats what theyre going to do. i think if they do that, they should at least make the current one look a little better 

but doesn't falling into pits and stuff remove all sustained abilities anyway:  wukong's staff, valkyr's rage, loki's invis, i can keep going.  the babysitting though is a part of a support class style anyways.  a trinity must make sure her energy is kept up and also watch everyone's health in order to time her 4th right, just as oberon needs to know the distance of his allies and make sure he can sustain the ability and watch over where they go and if the ability is stripped from them.  it's all part of the job

4 minutes ago, blazeshadow44 said:

never had isssues with it and the heal is enough for me.  i go to get hurt, replenish reserves and keep my peeps happy

i find rage hard to use on him sometimes, simply because my shields get in the way at low levels while at high levels youre playing chicken with enemies almost killing you sometimes. i find he does better at medium levels where things arent such a danger that you have to worry about being insta killed, and where rage can be reliably used to grab more energy. i find using guardian derision helps a lot. I agree rage does make him better, but i feel like having it on him shouldnt be a must for the build, which i guess is a whole other issue all together. 

1 minute ago, -Defeater- said:

i find rage hard to use on him sometimes, simply because my shields get in the way at low levels while at high levels youre playing chicken with enemies almost killing you sometimes. i find he does better at medium levels where things arent such a danger that you have to worry about being insta killed, and where rage can be reliably used to grab more energy. i find using guardian derision helps a lot. I agree rage does make him better, but i feel like having it on him shouldnt be a must for the build, which i guess is a whole other issue all together. 

all about that timing with the enemies for the restore.  not hard when you get a hang of it.  tho it is quite a fun challenge in sorties, mostly lv 100's but not impossible.... tht's just me tho, ik others olpay differently.  my major concern for my main warframe is the base damage of his abilities, the ones that have it.  wee bit too little for an element that works well with only robots mostly...i think i already said this....

5 minutes ago, blazeshadow44 said:

but doesn't falling into pits and stuff remove all sustained abilities anyway:  wukong's staff, valkyr's rage, loki's invis, i can keep going.  the babysitting though is a part of a support class style anyways.  a trinity must make sure her energy is kept up and also watch everyone's health in order to time her 4th right, just as oberon needs to know the distance of his allies and make sure he can sustain the ability and watch over where they go and if the ability is stripped from them.  it's all part of the job

true. i feel like if the buff was a much larger range it would make him less clunky but idk. like whats the harm in giving him affinity range like trin for his heal? i feel like thats a good value for it. not infinite range like bless and his 3 pre reworks, but just enough so you can reliably catch everyone with it. and even then they wouldnt get the armor buff until they happen to walk over one of your hallowed grounds or you go chasing them spamming 2 lol i feel like this would help with the "forced synergy" that people talk about with him. reliable enough to be used on its own but still worth using with his 2 when given the chance

this is assuming you dont have a build that relies heavily on efficiency where you can catch everyone with it right off the bat with it anyways, would free up some mod slots and create build diversity 

Edited by -Defeater-

7 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

I agree here too, without Phoenix Renewal as a safety net its hard making use of Rage in higher level play. I feel like Phoenix Renewal and Rage are p much required mods on em.

Edited by Music4Therapy

2 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

true. i feel like if the buff was a much larger range it would make him less clunky but idk. like whats the harm in giving him affinity range like trin for his heal? i feel like thats a good value for it. not infinite range like bless and his 3 pre reworks, but just enough so you can reliably catch everyone with it. and even then they wouldnt get the armor buff until they happen to walk over one of your hallowed grounds or you go chasing them spamming 2 lol i feel like this would help with the "forced synergy" that people talk about with him. reliable enough to be used on its own but still worth using with his 2 when given the chance

this is assuming you dont have a build that relies heavily on efficiency where you can catch everyone with it right off the bat with it anyways, would free up some mod slots and create build diversity 

what be more interesting to see if they could place utility mod slots for certain kinds of mods. like slots for underused mods like the resistance mods, shield recharge yada yada so on and so forth.  that would be interesting to me.

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

@[DE]Megan That is my one issue with this update. Oberon is still being punished for being a team player vs playing solo and has no real way of scavenging energy.

The 'easy' thing to do would be to re-enable zennurik/EV Trinity/Energy Siphon at perhaps a 50% energy generation while renewal is going. However it's likely the point of disabling those was to remove passivly generated energy you don't need to do anything to have.

So I have two ideas:

1. Enemies hit with reckoning have a 25% chance to drop energy orbs if killed within x seconds (affected by duration, base of five seconds.)

2. Enemies killed on hallowed ground gives Oberon 5 energy.

I like Option 1 better since it gives me a reason to cast reckoning and the rest of my team benefits plus it removes reckoning having an 'on kill' mechanic for an ability that's supposed to be group CC rather than murder-y. Thoughts? 

Like... Oberon is almost done as far as I'm cocnerned. Not everything I want implimented but just from quick tests he feels a lot nicer.

actually both should do just fine.  with a  certain amount of energy absorbed by the deaths of enemies on hallowed ground and a small chance for energy produced by reckoning would benefit broberon very much.  first thing though for that we need an increase to damage of said abilities because it is radiation and the ability also has a demand for enemies to kill eachother rather than being a bomb.  so a lil increase to base damage would also need to be implemented in as well

5 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

@[DE]Megan That is my one issue with this update. Oberon is still being punished for being a team player vs playing solo and has no real way of scavenging energy.

The 'easy' thing to do would be to re-enable zennurik/EV Trinity/Energy Siphon at perhaps a 50% energy generation while renewal is going. However it's likely the point of disabling those was to remove passivly generated energy you don't need to do anything to have.

So I have two ideas:

1. Enemies hit with reckoning have a 25% chance to drop energy orbs if killed within x seconds (affected by duration, base of five seconds.)

2. Enemies killed on hallowed ground gives Oberon 5 energy.

I like Option 1 better since it gives me a reason to cast reckoning and the rest of my team benefits plus it removes reckoning having an 'on kill' mechanic for an ability that's supposed to be group CC rather than murder-y. Thoughts? 

Like... Oberon is almost done as far as I'm cocnerned. Not everything I want implimented but just from quick tests he feels a lot nicer.

hey... don't spam man, we get the point

Ok, so I wanted to double-check something since it wasn't specified in the hotfix:

Good news! When Iron Renewal is retroactively applied, the added defense is based on the potency of the Renewal effect (in other words, the power strength Oberon had when Renewal was cast). This means it works very nicely with Provoke and Growing Power. Thank. God.

Now that I have to stress range slightly less in my build, I've decided to try going with less power strength, which means I have more efficiency which means I'm going to try and drop Rage, so now I should have a slot for Phoenix Renewal. Currently sitting on 115% Duration, 170% Efficiency, 190% Range, 115% Strength + Growing Power. I'm using Taxon sentinel, so as long as there's nearby enemies, Strength is basically always at 140%.

Means I have to deal with a Pac-Man-shaped-HG, but I may just have to suck it up now, as much as it bothers me.

Definitely a step in the right direction.

Edited by Alusdrann

I know DE wont remove hallowed ground or rework it. but It is the BIGGEST issue in oberon's kit. It restricts allies in such a small cone and ON THE GROUND, it should be an ring that effects enemies and allies in the air also. it being ground exclusive is one of it's biggest faults. 

I think oberon's hallowed ground should be like the radiation hazards in Sortie Missions. But thats just my idea. Doing an 8 Person raid and having an oberon heal everyone is pretty hard let alone 3 other people. But what do you guys think about it?

And Also, after casting Renewal to get iron renewal. theres basically no reason for an oberon to be standing on HIS hallowed ground because theres no other buff. i think standing on hallowed ground should give a percentage buff (iron renewal keeps it's flat 200 buff) and it would be great.

also a suggestion for DE, if you want to make sales on oberon prime make him a bit more better at what he does :)

Edited by cookieknife

Those were some damn good changes but I think he still needs just a few more.

I think he needs to apply Iron Renewal to allies if he is standing on HG i.e it shouldn't require allies to be standing/have stood on it at one point. This is the biggest one as it would reduce the clunkiness of applying the buff even more.

- The range of his 4 and the blind portion of his 4 should both be increased a bit.

- The armour buff should be increased by a bit. Either that or it should be changed to say max 50% damage reduction.

The base armour reduction of his 4 could also be increased to 35% or 40% but that's not as detrimental as the 3 above. These changes would reduce his clunkiness while increasing the power he gives to his team.

Edited by Jimmeh420