The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Needs an Energy Gain Mechanic

Music4Therapy

5 minutes ago, LordMazulia said:

Volt isn't an energy hog like Oberon is. Volt also has a more defined role when he's used which means when he uses an ability it will do just what you need it to do with one cast. Oberon has to use a lot more energy if he wants to do the same amount of work. Especially with the way his abilities are meant to be used together. I've never even tries to use Rage on my Volt or Volt Prime, but I use it on Oberon and he still uses up far too much energy.

Using him on defence/mob defence/excav, you will be keeping speed up, keeping 3-6 shields up, and casting discharge rather often, and base volt CANNOT sustain that without heavy modding for efficiency, a trin, or zenurik, unless you gimp his range or strength.

But yeah, i am all for this idea, its just volt needs a bit of love to. (re: riot shield multiple drain types)

Edited by Elvangreen

4 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Sorry about that, seriously. Coming off like an &#! just makes things worse.

Don't worry about it, I've been far too deep in every corner of the internet to grow numb against things. Didn't take it personally, you're passionate about a worthy cause

1 minute ago, Elvangreen said:

Using him on defence/mob defence/excav, you will be keeping speed up, keeping 3-6 shields up, and casting discharge rather often, and base volt CANNOT sustain that without heavy modding for efficiency, a trin, or zenurik, unless you gimp his range or strength.

I never have energy problems as Volt, and when I do it's either because I've been copiously spamming abilities or got hit by some energy sapping enemy

8 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Don't worry about it, I've been far too deep in every corner of the internet to grow numb against things. Didn't take it personally, you're passionate about a worthy cause

I never have energy problems as Volt, and when I do it's either because I've been copiously spamming abilities or got hit by some energy sapping enemy

And if i say i never have energy problems with the current oberon?.. it comes down to how much you use the powers and if you just use 1-2 or if you utilize the whole kit.

But anyway, as long as the e-regen does not effect his team, i am ok with it, but i feel it should not copy trin's kit too much.

Edited by Elvangreen

Just now, Elvangreen said:

And if i say i never have energy problems with the current oberon?.. it comes down to how much you use the powers and if you just use 1-2 or if you utilize the whole kit.

But anyway, as long as the e-regen does not effect his team, i am ok with it, but if it does it may get op. and you don't want to make all the trin players angry lol.

I guess playing in public games gives you ability set utilization leeway

As a Trin player.....I wanna play Oberon....

.wut.

I am mostly using equilibrium on my frames for hp and energy gain so in many situation I can keep myself alive easily just need some minor damage or toxic and I am fine but the op suggested idea is not bad also all frames would be better if they can regain some eenrgy. As a passive stuff is always handful and not cost so much implement it and still not game breaking.

Also energy siphon needs a buff because out to date and the zenurik is much better option for it.

15 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

Regardless, Volt can still do more than Oberon for less energy usage. Most Volt players don't need to spam their abilities. 

9 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

And if i say i never have energy problems with the current oberon?

If? When you say things like "if" then that means you most likely don't use/try to use Oberon at higher levels. That being said, Yes, it does come down to how much you use the powers, but Oberon pretty much needs to be using them all the time. And with the recent change to his Renewal he drains up to 14 energy per second at base while it's active. Volt uses nowhere near the same amount of energy that Oberon does.

Edited by LordMazulia