Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who do I complain to about my threads being thrown into the megathread

Music4Therapy

Question

11 answers to this question

I was drawing a parallel between Oberon and Nidus and how Oberon would work if he had some energy mechanic and was able to build similarly. All that thought will never be seen because its going to be in the middle of hundreds/thousands of posts of people requesting full on reworks.

Here's the thing about megathreads. At the end of a certain period, they take the whole megathread and read through the whole thing, to see everyone's opinions on something. If your thread wasn't  moved to a megathread, then it would slowly but surely be pushed off the first page by the million other threads posted by other players. Meaning if a dev wants to see your opinion, they have to dig through 3+ pages of old posts. If it's moved to the megathread, they can read it all in one go. 

Do you want DE to see your opinion or are you ok with it being buried behind 14 pages of other posts?

Just now, Gelkor said:

Here's the thing about megathreads. At the end of a certain period, they take the whole megathread and read through the whole thing, to see everyone's opinions on something. If your thread wasn't  moved to a megathread, then it would slowly but surely be pushed off the first page by the million other threads posted by other players. Meaning if a dev wants to see your opinion, they have to dig through 3+ pages of old posts. If it's moved to the megathread, they can read it all in one go. 

Do you want DE to see your opinion or are you ok with it being buried behind 14 pages of other posts?

I understand, and thank you for that. I didn't know that the staff actually took the time read through all those pages/posts on the megathread. My god thats a lot to read. My initial fear was that the threads that I've been posting with positive reception wouldn't be able to gain traction due to the size of the megathread and how fast it moves. But this makes sense. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

I understand, and thank you for that. I didn't know that the staff actually took the time read through all those pages/posts on the megathread. My god thats a lot to read. My initial fear was that the threads that I've been posting with positive reception wouldn't be able to gain traction due to the size of the megathread and how fast it moves. But this makes sense. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Yeah, megathreads make it hard to have a discussion with players, but makes it WAY easier for the devs to read