Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch out my pressure point for organ shatter? (Orthos Prime)

TheZkiller9

Question

https://gyazo.com/9a0405f2d45b7074d3de53f6e952a675 

That's my Orthos Prime build. I know I should switch Virulent Scourge for Fever Strike, and I'll do that when I forma the weapon. Now my question is: Pressure Point or Organ Shatter? I use a Critical build and I pretty much only get red crits. Would it be better for me to switch pressure point for organ strike? 

7 answers to this question

dont trade out the base dmg mod ever, except for lulz

ie Pressure Point, Serration, Hornet Strike, whatevs the shotty one is called

the base dmg mod is basically 'required' if u took it out, sure you could still get crits, but the dmg of those crits would be garbage

this is why so many of us have asked DE for years now to rework the mod system to integrate or remove these 'required' mods and just have weapons gain +5% dmg per rank, then we would have at least 1 more free mod slot to play with [and they could just re-imburse ppl for the removed/reworked mods]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

There's never really a good reason to drop Pressure Point from your melee builds, especially once you get your hands on Primed Pressure Point. If you want to keep Blood Rush on, I would recommend replacing one of your elemental mods with Organ Shatter, but I would personally prefer to remove Blood Rush, since the Orthos Prime base crit chance of ten percent makes Blood Rush's contributions fairly weak, even when maxed.

I did some quick math below to show why Pressure Point is important to crit builds. Note that I did not account for the presence of elemental mods in these calculations, as I trust you can work those in yourself if you're interested. Also note that, though I included figures for second-tier red crit damage, your build has no way to reach the 200% crit chance required to proc those without an external crit chance buff, as from a kavat or an infeasibly high combo multiplier.

65 base IPS, spin damage 144
10% base crit
2x base crit multiplier

Organ shatter brings crit damage up to 3.8x.
Pressure Point brings IPS to 143, spin damage to 316.

Crit multipliers work by: (Taken from wiki)
Damage Multiplier = Crit level * (crit multiplier - 1) + 1
With Organ Shatter:          3.8 yellow, 6.6 red 1, 9.4 for red 2.
Without Organ Shatter:     2 yellow, 3 red 1, 4 red 2.

Standard Pressure Point, Organ Shatter combo will get a single spin attack crit to 1201, red crit to 2085,
second-degree red crit to 2970.

Without Pressure Point but with Organ Shatter, this is: 547, 950, 1354.

With Pressure Point but not Organ Shatter, this is: 632, 948, 1246

Without Organ Shatter or Pressure Point, this is: 288, 432, 576.

Blood Rush crit chance:
Base: 1.65 if maxed.
Combo:    Crit chance:    With Maiming Strike:
1.5            34.75             124.75
2               43                  133
2.5            51.25             141.25
3               59.5               149.5
3.5            67.75             157.75
4               76                  166

24 minutes ago, freeformline said:

Blood Rush crit chance:
Base: 1.65 if maxed.
Combo:    Crit chance:    With Maiming Strike:
1.5            34.75             124.75
2               43                  133
2.5            51.25             141.25
3               59.5               149.5
3.5            67.75             157.75
4               76                  166

This is not how Maiming Strike interacts with Blood Rush.

Maiming Strike adds 90% base crit chance to your spin attack. With an Orthos Prime, this would bring it to exactly 100%  crit chance.

Further edit: This, obviously, does not include other sources of crit. Just Orthos Prime's base crit and Maiming Strike+Blood Rush.

Following this:

At the first combo counter step (1.5x) your crit chance becomes 347.5, well into red crit range, and only skyrockets from there.

Pretty much why I stopped using Maiming Strike. It's probably one of the most brainless ways to play this game. Try it, have fun with it for a while, but try not to become too dependent on it.

Edited by Xrkr
Not -the- most brainless, but close.

Again, thank you all for the responses. I am more enlightened now, and after taking all your responses into account, I'll leave pressure point on. However, when melee rivens are released, and if I can get my hands on a good Orthos riven, I plan to switch out berserker or blood rush for the riven. 

6 hours ago, Xrkr said:

This is not how Maiming Strike interacts with Blood Rush.

Maiming Strike adds 90% base crit chance to your spin attack. With an Orthos Prime, this would bring it to exactly 100%  crit chance.

Further edit: This, obviously, does not include other sources of crit. Just Orthos Prime's base crit and Maiming Strike+Blood Rush.

Following this:

At the first combo counter step (1.5x) your crit chance becomes 347.5, well into red crit range, and only skyrockets from there.

Pretty much why I stopped using Maiming Strike. It's probably one of the most brainless ways to play this game. Try it, have fun with it for a while, but try not to become too dependent on it.

Thanks for pointing that out. It never even occurred to me that Blood Rush would work differently than other crit chance sources. That's pretty crazy.