Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relays crashing my game

TacticalOwl

Everytime i walk into a relay I crash, mainly because video memory runs out (potato pc, 32-bit)

Maybe adding an option to keep others in the excalibur loading avatar or even solo relays?

This bug appeared after specters of the rail btw.

Hello TacticalOwl,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that the relays have been crashing for you, however I can assure you that we are currently in the process of working on a solution for 32-bit systems. Unfortunately I cannot yet provide an ETA on when you can expect a fix, but we will try to get it out as soon as possible.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

I know the feeling TacticalOwl, and have experienced it as well! My recommendations to minimize the crashes until DE has a more permanent fix is to aim for empty or less than 10 player relays, try direct x 11 in the launcher as it tends to crash less quickly than 9, and if possible consider a cheaper upgrade video card with 2GB of VRAM or more. The 750 or 1050 TI seem like good performers if you have the extra funds.

2 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

I can assure you that we are currently in the process of working on a solution for 32-bit systems.

Were the 5+ crash reports that I sent via the crash program of any help at all?  This happens to me fairly often, most notably when I am attempting to access Baro's inventory, Simaris' store or the ducat kiosk.  It simply freezes on trying to load such things.

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2017 at 6:46 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hello TacticalOwl,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that the relays have been crashing for you, however I can assure you that we are currently in the process of working on a solution for 32-bit systems. Unfortunately I cannot yet provide an ETA on when you can expect a fix, but we will try to get it out as soon as possible.

I thank you for this, but I have a hunch it's my low-end graphics card, an ATI Radeon HD 4600 series, having it for 8 years now. There may be a possibility another program is limiting my VRAM, looking into it.

On 5/1/2017 at 8:20 PM, Urlan said:

I know the feeling TacticalOwl, and have experienced it as well! My recommendations to minimize the crashes until DE has a more permanent fix is to aim for empty or less than 10 player relays, try direct x 11 in the launcher as it tends to crash less quickly than 9, and if possible consider a cheaper upgrade video card with 2GB of VRAM or more. The 750 or 1050 TI seem like good performers if you have the extra funds.

My pc is so bad it doesn't even suport DirectX11

While buying a new gpu is prohibitive right now, The 1050 TI is not being as effected by the stock issues currently plaguing the majority of gaming cards and might be a good temporary upgrade to your system if funds allow.

9 hours ago, Urlan said:

While buying a new gpu is prohibitive right now, The 1050 TI is not being as effected by the stock issues currently plaguing the majority of gaming cards and might be a good temporary upgrade to your system if funds allow.

can it go on a 32bit system with 3,5 gb RAM? Because if it does i may take it and keep it for my next build

On 7/2/2017 at 2:31 AM, TacticalOwl said:

can it go on a 32bit system with 3,5 gb RAM? Because if it does i may take it and keep it for my next build

It might depend on the motherboard sadly. Leo series 775 sockets have a limit of 1GB of VRAM and probably shouldn't try going above that. But if its for any of the pci-e 16 2.0 or better, those should have the voltage needed for the 1050 TI. Though the card will be slightly bottlenecked by the cpu, it should run well enough. Avoid the 400 and 500 AMD cards though, as if you aren't sure, they drew more power and messed up older PCI-e 16 lanes.

4 hours ago, Urlan said:

It might depend on the motherboard sadly. Leo series 775 sockets have a limit of 1GB of VRAM and probably shouldn't try going above that. But if its for any of the pci-e 16 2.0 or better, those should have the voltage needed for the 1050 TI. Though the card will be slightly bottlenecked by the cpu, it should run well enough. Avoid the 400 and 500 AMD cards though, as if you aren't sure, they drew more power and messed up older PCI-e 16 lanes.

How do I see what kind of PCI slot i have? The PC was assembled somewhere else and I don't have the box from the motherboard

45 minutes ago, TacticalOwl said:

How do I see what kind of PCI slot i have? The PC was assembled somewhere else and I don't have the box from the motherboard

Can you check system info to see what kind of CPU you are using? We should be able to figure your likely motherboard type from that.

18 hours ago, Urlan said:

Can you check system info to see what kind of CPU you are using? We should be able to figure your likely motherboard type from that.

Even better, i found the motherboard booklet, it's an asus p5p41d with an intel core 2 32-bit

14 hours ago, Urlan said:

Sweet. Very useful information!

I also read somwhere that the 4 gb vram would get restricted by the 32bit to only 1 gb vram, I am still not sure if there will be any performance improvement with this happening

That isn't exactly how its supposed to work, but basically physical memory is separate from addressable memory. The card can be 4 GB, you system 4GB but it isn't going to reduce your system RAM by the difference in Video RAM. Instead, your addressable memory does take a small hit as it needs to translate from system RAM to Video RAM and back and the more Video RAM, the more it needs to talk between the two. Since you are using a Q6600 and a 64bit board, you could if needed, and possible upgrade to a 64 bit version of your OS if you are concerned though I would set aside some time for it as MS has made their updates for older OS versions prone to glitches or issues to push users to switching to Win10.

2 hours ago, TacticalOwl said:

I think it would be better to save for a new pc, this one is kinda toaster material

Fair enough, I hope you can find a good deal on a gaming quality system. If in the States, Microcenter or Newegg.com might have some deals.