Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any chance we could lower the raining effect in Shipyard? Also, the raindrop is terrible.

LokiTheCondom

Running on a mediocre-tier PC, the update given to the rains from a previous patch has made this tile set really uncomfortable to play due to the drop in FPS. Having my settings at lowest do no justice either. Really hope this issue could be brought up in the near future.

Aside from that, what's the purpose of the "raindrop on screen" effect? It'd make a lil sense if this was a first-person game but sadly it ain't. It's not aesthetically pleasing in the slightest as well as ruins immersion in some form. 

The shipyard is overall a decent tileset to play, but these two factors are stopping me from having the best fun out of it.

I agree raindrop and snowdrop effects are straight 2001 old lul .... look t batman arkham games the rain and snow there is dope AF <3 
Ok its online game with optimization needed sure but the current rain effects are 2D  sprite attached 2 meters before you character and when you move gosh my eyes when i move ...... 
Either remove them or improve : \ 

PLS DE PLS 

2 hours ago, LokiTheCondom said:

what's the purpose of the "raindrop on screen" effect?

I don't know but probably the same reason movies splatter the camera with rain or blood.  Some sort of "OMG its almost got on me as the viewer!" mentality.  

Oh dear, I shouldn't have mentioned blood, that'll be next.

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I don't know but probably the same reason movies splatter the camera with rain or blood.  Some sort of "OMG its almost got on me as the viewer!" mentality.  

Oh dear, I shouldn't have mentioned blood, that'll be next.

If Warframe was a first-person game then sure I might take it, but it ain't.