Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sweeper Prime CC Build

Derodoro

Question

Running Shotgun Spazz, Hell Chamber and 4 60/60s.

Has anyone done the math on whats better to put in the last 2 slots? More firerate? Firerate and reload speed? Heat/Cold mods for a better Blast bias?

12 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Derodoro said:

And Blaze is also better than Frail Momentum right?

With those two it would be a matter of preference. You shouldn't need the sustained Blast procs that Frail Momentum gives you but you might want the quicker initial Blast proc. It's kind of a trade off. You get more Blast procs per second but less chance per shot and at the expense of some time firing.  I did the numbers so you can choose yourself.

I did however forget one mod. Chilling Reload in place of Tactical Pump would be a direct upgrade. I just don't have a 2nd one for my Sentinel and he already chain CC's pretty well but it's an option if you want.

Spoiler

Blaze Expected Status Trigger per Shot
.33/6 = 0.055
0.055 * 13.2 = 0.726 = 72.6
Blast Proc Weight
90.72/191.52 = .47368 = 47.37%
Expected Blast Trigger per Shot
0.4737 * 0.726 = 0.34391 = 34.39%
Expected Blast Trigger per Second
0.34391 * 1.9 = 0.6534
Time Spent Firing
20 / 1.9 = 10.53
10.53 / (10.53 + 1.538) = 0.872 = 87%

Frail Momentum Expected Status Trigger per Shot
.33/6 = 0.055
Blast Proc Weight
48.195 / 101.745 = 0.3951 = 39.51%
.726 * .3951 = 0.2868 = 28.68%
0.2868 * 2.8 = 0.8032
Time Spent Firing
20 / 2.8 = 7.143
7.143 / (7.143 + 1.538) = 0.823 = 82.3%

41 minutes ago, Atsun said:

For a little extra damage you can remove Incendiary Coat or Chilling Grasp and put Point Blank like you had before.

I mostly gear for endurance runs. The Blast proc is just more useful than Impact or such and the damage difference won't make much difference.

I generally get better results with higher fire rate than any particular bias. Instead of having it apply a specific status more often, when it does, it's usually better to have it apply statuses more often and at a faster rate. The reload speed is usually a non-issue.

This is what I use for CC Sweeper. It has the highest Blast status trigger per second you can get.

OqC40fs.jpg

I also keep my Striker mod at Rank2 so that Sweeper only shoots enemies within 8m. This helps it prioritize melee and closer targets which tend to be more dangerous. It also lowers the chance it's not trying to target an enemy through a wall when one is right in-front of you and plays well with the Blast AoE effect as when it procs everything on that side of you will fall over because of the proximity.

Keeps it's aggro to a minimum as well and yea I did the math on all this.

Edited by Xzorn

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

This is what I use for CC Sweeper. It has the highest Blast status trigger per second you can get.

OqC40fs.jpg

I also keep my Striker mod at Rank2 so that Sweeper only shoots enemies within 8m. This helps it prioritize melee and closer targets which tend to be more dangerous. It also lowers the chance it's not trying to target an enemy through a wall when one is right in-front of you and plays well with the Blast AoE effect as when it procs everything on that side of you will fall over because of the proximity.

Keeps it's aggro to a minimum as well and yea I did the math on all this.

The build looks amazing and thanks for the rank2 tip but wouldnt Blaze be better than point blank as Im not building for damage anyway and it gives a little bit of heat damage?

20 minutes ago, Derodoro said:

wouldnt Blaze be better than point blank as Im not building for damage anyway and it gives a little bit of heat damage?

I use blaze on my build - but mainly because I build for elemental/damage (hence the riven). The mod behind the riven is hells chamber.
QvkDOLi.jpg

Tbh you don't really need high status chance, because the shotgun fires pellets, multiplied by multishot, each one having it's own stat chance to proc.

Edited by Alcoholism

25 minutes ago, Derodoro said:

The build looks amazing and thanks for the rank2 tip but wouldnt Blaze be better than point blank as Im not building for damage anyway and it gives a little bit of heat damage?

Huh, Yea it would actually.

Blaze would slightly improve the Blast weight.

...and yea. I don't build companions for damage either. As an endurance runner companion damage just doesn't hold up.

Improved version.....

Spoiler

BFq8U1g.jpg

Edited by Xzorn

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

...and yea. I don't build companions for damage either. As an endurance runner companion damage just doesn't hold up.

Improved version.....

Reveal hidden contents

BFq8U1g.jpg

And Blaze is also better than Frail Momentum right?

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Improved version.....

Reveal hidden contents

BFq8U1g.jpg

For a little extra damage you can remove Incendiary Coat or Chilling Grasp and put Point Blank like you had before.

2 minutes ago, Atsun said:

The whole point of having Incendiary Coat and Chilling Grasp is to have more blast damage to bias the status procs, replacing one with Point Blank defeats the point of a CC build.

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

With those two it would be a matter of preference. You shouldn't need the sustained Blast procs that Frail Momentum gives you but you might want the quicker initial Blast proc. It's kind of a trade off. You get more Blast procs per second but less chance per shot and at the expense of some time firing.  I did the numbers so you can choose yourself.

I did however forget one mod. Chilling Reload in place of Tactical Pump would be a direct upgrade. I just don't have a 2nd one for my Sentinel and he already chain CC's pretty well but it's an option if you want.

Hide contents

Blaze Expected Status Trigger per Shot
.33/6 = 0.055
Blast Proc Weight
90.72/191.52 = .47368 = 47.37%
0.4737 * 0.726 = 0.34391 = 34.39%
0.34391 * 1.9 = 0.6534
Time Spent Firing
20 / 1.9 = 10.53
10.53 / (10.53 + 1.538) = 0.872 = 87%

Frail Momentum Expected Status Trigger per Shot
.33/6 = 0.055
Blast Proc Weight
48.195 / 101.745 = 0.3951 = 39.51%
.726 * .3951 = 0.2868 = 28.68%
0.2868 * 2.8 = 0.8032
Time Spent Firing
20 / 2.8 = 7.143
7.143 / (7.143 + 1.538) = 0.823 = 82.3%

I mostly gear for endurance runs. The Blast proc is just more useful than Impact or such and the damage difference won't make much difference.

Thats the math I was looking for. Thank you so much.