Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How important are 'seconds'?

mosaickle

Question

Just had a guy who started complaining about how I kept picking up the thing for the terminal on mobile defense but "took longer than he would've" despite me going to the terminals as fast as I could. I was Nidus and he was Frost (P) which to my understanding, unless he has sprint mods, he's slower than me..

Are a few seconds really that important? Or is he just an outliar?

EDIT: This was a public match, alert mission for a nitain

Edited by Atylia

9 answers to this question

Unless it was a Sortie, it's not important at all unless you're holding it and screwing around. Most likely the dude was just complaining for no reason.

Edited by Strykerclaw96
Stupid @(*()$ forum censors

If he's so fast why didn't he pick up the datamass before you and bullet jumped off into the sunset? If playing on public, he should've expected not every match everyone everytime would adhere to his standards, but some people are just that whiny.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

If he's so fast why didn't he pick up the datamass before you and bullet jumped off into the sunset? If playing on public, he should've expected not every match everyone everytime would adhere to his standards, but some people are just that whiny.

He kept waiting for it, as Frost he didn't do anything for the last 30 to 20 seconds and just stood in his Snow Globe waiting for it. All 3 times I still bet him to it lol

The more present part of the WF community is about as toxic as the "special little snowflake" section of tumblr on a friday night. Screw that soab. Nothing done wrong that day if you didn't try to actively troll him.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

8 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

if you didn't try to actively troll him.

Regardless of the game, as long as there are other real people playing in it, I will never actively troll ever

The only exception is, if everyone else on the team agrees to troll together or something

Edited by Atylia

You'll always find users that are too impatient to wait for their own funeral. When impatient players pop up, I turn into that guy that goes loot hunting instead of rushing extraction, making them wait that agonizing 60 seconds.

Personal experience examples follow. Only read if you don't mind losing a little more respect for the human race.

Example: I was clearing a capture node yesterday when a player joined me. I ran ahead while he loaded in, found the target, and gave chase just as player 2 started to catch up. I caught up with the target in a pressurized hall and blasted a window so that I wouldn't have to chase him anymore, not knowing player 2 was just outside when the doors locked. P2 said "I'm not waiting for you to unlock the ******* door" and disconnected... just as I was beginning the capture animation; he gave up a free ride due to impatience.

Example 2: I use http://warframe.market to list trades. Just as I was beginning a survival mission I received a request for an item normally selling for 30p that I was undercutting to 20p. I informed him that I was in a survival and would be out in about 20 minutes, and that I had one other trade in line in front of him, which he acknowledged. During the mission he started spamming me with dojo invites and messages. After the mission ended, 21 minutes 47 seconds, I went yo my dojo to resolve the first trade, canceled his invite, and reminded him that he is second in line. He responded "Man first I wait an hour then you want me to wait more **** you" and blocked me. Bonus points - I sold the item to the next offer after him, 20p+5p prime part tip, and found the the guy that blocked me being laughed at in trade chat for offering 20p to someone else for the same item.

He can't really blame you since it was his decision to use public matchmaking. Otherwise, he may have been faster than you if he parkours better. Sprint mods are not much of a factor because sprinting is not the best way to move. Also the fact that you picked up the datamass before him can easily be you being the host and having no delays(yes it does make a difference).

At the end of the day, if a few seconds were that important to him, he should know better to go by himself. Blaming you is just pointless so forget about him =D

On 5/4/2017 at 7:35 PM, Atylia said:

Just had a guy who started complaining about how I kept picking up the thing for the terminal on mobile defense but "took longer than he would've" despite me going to the terminals as fast as I could. I was Nidus and he was Frost (P) which to my understanding, unless he has sprint mods, he's slower than me..

Are a few seconds really that important? Or is he just an outliar?

EDIT: This was a public match, alert mission for a nitain

If it is so important to him, what is he doing that he's not already standing there ready to pick it up ASAP?

Priorities people, come on! ;-)

But yeah definitely an outlier, at least as far as my experiences goes. 

Generally speaking people do want to get the mission at hand Done. But mostly they're willing to let anyone carry the hacker that cares to pick it up, as long as you don't wander off or get lost everyone's fine. 

If someone really wants to carry it they'll be there asap and pick it up.

Most people will wait at the elevators, but a "rusher" will take it up/down immediately. But again most of the time everyone is given some time to get there, unless it looks like the last person is wandering around doing whatever. Then someone will hit the button, the other player can always follow along when they're ready.

Sometimes you'll even get a group that is the complete opposite, they'll want to go slowly and check things out, look for Ayatan, etc. Not always, but sometimes.

And then of course it makes sense that you can easily get a mixed group of someone that wants to go-go-go, someone that wants treasure hunt or doesn't know the maps very well yet (some of those maps, oi!) and a couple people that don't want to be there forever but aren't in a huge rush either. 

I guess that's part of the gun of #PuG-life.

You never know what you're going to get. ;-)

Spoiler

Image result for pugs life meme

Cheers!
~R~