Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of rift surge 2.0

sailornaruto39

Question

I don't get the point as the skill seems really weird. I know what it does, but what good is it?

I would've thought that killed enemies would have a radial banish instead of more surging. The latter is what I really don't get.  What's the point when a surged enemy dies and surges enemies on the material plane? 

11 answers to this question

Banish enemies, rift surge them, they get charged. They are already spreading out through their basic AI. They leave your banish area or you cast banish on them while in the rift plane, They leave the rift plane, charge dissipates, making all enemies around the charged targets get re-banished, knocked down, and take damage. Rift surge again, repeat.

Its a way to spread the banish farther among groups of enemies, regardless if the full group is banished or not. It is also a way to banish enemies to the rift plane without you needing to be in the material plane.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

4 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Banish enemies, rift surge them, they get charged. They are already spreading out through their basic AI. They leave your banish area or you cast banish on them while in the rift plane, They leave the rift plane, charge dissipates, making all enemies around the charged targets get re-banished, knocked down, and take damage. Rift surge again, repeat.

Its a way to spread the banish farther among groups of enemies, regardless if the full group is banished or not. It is also a way to banish enemies to the rift plane without you needing to be in the material plane.

Ok I had a feeling that was it but it sounded redundant to me, but I get it now 

9 hours ago, sailornaruto39 said:

I know, then what would be the point or surging a bunch of enemies within the material plane? To spread it further and then what?

Banned enemys without the cataclysm. ban without excluding loot.

Plus potent damage buff indeed. 

You can also use it as a filter.

When you have a lot of tagged enemies among normal ones in the Material Plane, you can just zap a quick Cataclysm and take it off immediately so tagged enemies stay in the Rift while the others, well, get back to the Material Plane.

Ofc that means you have the option to kill everything during the Cataclysm, or just take the ones tagged.

I know I will sound like an idiot but I feel the hole thing is so complicated when you are in the heat of the battle. 

dozens of enemies are shooting at you. am I on rift plan? which enemies are banished? Should I banish or unbanish? 

Shoot or cast cataclysm, freeze everybody? Detonate? dont detonate? 1st or 4th?