Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despair can't equip Stockpiled Blight

DYSEQTA

Question

Dear DE - please make Stockpiled Blight equip able on Despair - in spite of the fact that all these people are arguing over whether or not Despair are throwing knives (which they are - as you can clearly see on the bloody picture - bladed knife. Shank or throw its your choice but it is still throw-able) should not be relevant as despair is probably one of the MOST useless secondaries ever and i acquired stockpiled blight with the hopes of just actually being able to have fun with it.

TL:DR version - Despair as secondaries suck. Please make Stockpiled Blight compatible with despair. It will not make the weapon overpoweringly strong, it will just make it possible for people to actually have some fun with it for a change.

Your consideration on this matter would be appreciated.

If the augment was made able to be used with despair, then who would use the kunai? ;)

Kunai was never a weapon class. Change title to switch weapon on the augment to something else, that it's a disappointment. Rather than make a statement that causes people to argue like monkeys, such as yourself, op, suggest an improment to be added into the game that the masses will +1.  If you really want the mod to be changed to despair/some other weapon, you would choose to do this. If not, f off.

2 hours ago, RancidVeritas said:

Dear DE - please make Stockpiled Blight equip able on Despair - in spite of the fact that all these people are arguing over whether or not Despair are throwing knives (which they are - as you can clearly see on the bloody picture - bladed knife. Shank or throw its your choice but it is still throw-able) should not be relevant as despair is probably one of the MOST useless secondaries ever and i acquired stockpiled blight with the hopes of just actually being able to have fun with it.

TL:DR version - Despair as secondaries suck. Please make Stockpiled Blight compatible with despair. It will not make the weapon overpoweringly strong, it will just make it possible for people to actually have some fun with it for a change.

No one is arguing if the Despair is a throwing knife, people are stating that it's not the weapon with the name "Kunai" so it can't equip the mod. As for adding it to DEspair, no, it's a a weapon specific mod, why bother adding it to other weapons?? Lets throw the Lanka augment onto the Snipetron series too if we're going down this road of nonsense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 5/11/2017 at 5:01 AM, RancidVeritas said:

were not arguing on if its throwing knifes. were arguing that the lable "Kunai" is the weapon name not hte weapon class. also dont bandaid the despair. return the despair to its former glory before damage 2.0. make it a great weapon again. give it something unique like a force proc or even innate punchthrough or something. not just "let it use the augment as a bandaid"

22 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

were not arguing on if its throwing knifes. were arguing that the lable "Kunai" is the weapon name not hte weapon class. also dont bandaid the despair. return the despair to its former glory before damage 2.0. make it a great weapon again. give it something unique like a force proc or even innate punchthrough or something. not just "let it use the augment as a bandaid"

Agreed. I would rather see the Despair get a special property than to use a mod that really doesn't give any benefit. Following it's lore, it would be better if it would either ignore armour like it used to or give it forced corrosive procs. Best of both worlds would be to see one of these effects as a syndicate mod in the next batch.

Dread is great, Hate is great and despair is just plain worse than a nauseous toddler in a very long car trip. For a "collectors item" its REALLY not even worth any effort. Now to be plain. Band aid it with an augment or not (i dont care), but do whatever is necessary to make it actually worth owning and using again. 

I had hope when i saw the augment. And that died very fast. 

Just make Despair useful again is all i ask. 

I'm glad they are for the Kunai as those are still labeled as my most used secondary.

That augment, combined with a riven I got from a sortie, which has 245.3% multishot, grants me 5 shots at once and a 25.3% chance at a 6th shot when used with lethal torrent and barrel diffusion. Add in concealed explosives and you have one nasty weapon. Especially when I now have 30 rounds.

Thats over 150 mini missiles a magazine! With a chance of more if I can get that 6th multishot to go off!

It goes great with my assimilate nyx as I can carpet bomb areas, viral proc everything around me and regen enough energy to keep absorb going without ever needing to drop it.

Edited by (PS4)Zelisius

20 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Yeah Im also disappointed I cant use hek´s scattered justice on myTigris Prime.

This might have been funny if I hadn't already pointed out just how similar the kunai and the Despair really are.  The Tigris and the Hek don't have any such similarities. 

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

This might have been funny if I hadn't already pointed out just how similar the kunai and the Despair really are.  The Tigris and the Hek don't have any such similarities. 

You are right. But the fact that they are similar still dont counts.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

You are right. But the fact that they are similar still dont counts.

True.  Kinda cool for the Kunai.  But completely sucks for those who farmed for the Despair just to get a very small upgraded Kunai.