Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Ember Tip

Most people find embers passive useless . But I think it can be broken if you do two things , first is equip the javlok , second is either put on flame repellent or have a maxed out arcane Ice . Then just shoot the floor under you with javlok primary fire, then you have an endless energy source & +35% more power strength. Was planning on making a video about it but got really lazy . If this makes it to the meta somehow , you heard it here first :)

Try it out . 

PS. (It works in conclave too, but I suggest you be on top of a health orb when you try it ) 

let the toxicity begin 🎉

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I think the issues with this are:

1. You need a max Arcane Ice. Yes its cheap but you'd also be locking you Ember to only 1 helmet / syandana, and you have to remove and replace the Arcane if you wish to switch looks.

2. You need to slot Flame Repellent which could be used for another Power Strength mod.

3. You need to use Javlok, which not everyone would like. 

You could do the same with a +status -damage Talons Riven, which is much easier. Heck the energy regen isn't even active when World on Fire is channeled, you might as well be using Zenurik. 

Old news.

What you need is just designated weapon modded for status and not dmg. I've been using castanas, back when I used to play ember more. Don't even bother with any flame repellents or arcane ice, waste of mod/arcane slots. Using it for energy is pretty terrible idea, but extra power sticks to WoF when you cast it during that buff so that's the main use for it.

1 hour ago, ViS4GE said:

Old news.

What you need is just designated weapon modded for status and not dmg. I've been using castanas, back when I used to play ember more. Don't even bother with any flame repellents or arcane ice, waste of mod/arcane slots. Using it for energy is pretty terrible idea, but extra power sticks to WoF when you cast it during that buff so that's the main use for it.

I wouldn't say using it for energy is a terrible idea . Because 10 energy/sec is about equal to using one 25 energy pad . Also it's very useful  in conclave 

4 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

I think the issues with this are:

1. You need a max Arcane Ice. Yes its cheap but you'd also be locking you Ember to only 1 helmet / syandana, and you have to remove and replace the Arcane if you wish to switch looks.

2. You need to slot Flame Repellent which could be used for another Power Strength mod.

3. You need to use Javlok, which not everyone would like. 

You could do the same with a +status -damage Talons Riven, which is much easier. Heck the energy regen isn't even active when World on Fire is channeled, you might as well be using Zenurik. 

I agree but with point number 2 , flame repellant pretty much replaces intensify . Because the passive of +35% more power strength. With the added bonus of never dying to fire (unless it's a napalm) 

Hate to burst your bubble, but you're few months too late to make it into meta. The combo isn't all that complicated and is kinda obvious to anyone that has read what Ember passive even does. The thing is ... The setup is also not that effective and is cumbersome to use. I'm 90% sure the energy regeneration doesn't even work while WoF is active and well moded Ember can keep it up for what seems to be forever just by running around and grabbing orbs (Works only with vacuum) 

I'm using Ember in most exterminates and even to ~lvl 50 content regardless of faction. I was even farming Pluto Defense during this event and always get like 5x more kills than anyone (unless Banshee shows up... can't compete with that). I like the freedom of running around without having to worry about my ult and not waste my time spamming javlok under my feet not even for extra 30% power str. I have enough energy spam Accelerant periodically and i use rest of my time to kill enemies that survive or dispatch groups with spin attack so that ult cleans off enemies that are alone. 

1 hour ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but you're few months too late to make it into meta. The combo isn't all that complicated and is kinda obvious to anyone that has read what Ember passive even does. The thing is ... The setup is also not that effective and is cumbersome to use. I'm 90% sure the energy regeneration doesn't even work while WoF is active and well moded Ember can keep it up for what seems to be forever just by running around and grabbing orbs (Works only with vacuum) 

I'm using Ember in most exterminates and even to ~lvl 50 content regardless of faction. I was even farming Pluto Defense during this event and always get like 5x more kills than anyone (unless Banshee shows up... can't compete with that). I like the freedom of running around without having to worry about my ult and not waste my time spamming javlok under my feet not even for extra 30% power str. I have enough energy spam Accelerant periodically and i use rest of my time to kill enemies that survive or dispatch groups with spin attack so that ult cleans off enemies that are alone. 

Guess we're to different kinds of players :). But this was meant to be used for the 35% then activate wof , or accelerant. Energy gain was an added buff , also without flame repellent or arcane ice any fully modded weapon that lights you on fire will kill you in about 2 procs of fire .