Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why!?!??!

nguyenten

Question

on a defense mission with a meso fissure thing going on and when i and some other players did the first 5 waves and we choose are relic reward everyone went to battle and then everyone went to extract and the reward for completing 5 stages everyone left and i abort mission and guess freaking what i got damn nothing seriously shouldebnt the vote be the damn majority?!?!?!?really i do not like this way of designing the arbort

Edited by nguyenten

9 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

You aborted the mission instead of trying to complete the next five waves?

Certainly seems like it.

I mean, it's not like the game doesn't warn you that you'll forfeit all earned rewards when you abort.

If i understand correctly, other players extracted at 5 waves and you were the only one left in the mission. You decided to abort and now you are being angry because you didn't get any rewards.

Well the point of aborting a mission is exactly the same as failing the mission and you are not supposed to get anything for failing.

If you could get the reward and all the collected loot even though you failed or quit, it would ruin the whole game.

People would just quit a survival mission at 2 minutes because they got the Orokin cell they wanted, or exited a defence mission at wave 7 because they found the mod they were looking for.

PS: To avoid such problems in the future, i suggest that you first click on BATTLE button and then hover your cursor over the EXTRACT button. That way, in case others decide to extract, you won't be strugling by moving your mouse, you will just click.

since clearly the other responses have completely missed the point ... =/ SMH =/ ... 

it seems pretty obvious that the OP does not have a good understanding of the endless style missions and their rewards

so instead of jumping down the throat of what seems like a noob player, why not try to hear/understand their side of it?

for years we have been asking for a lock-in style voting system in between waves so that this kind of nonsense doesnt happen, but so far DE hasnt changed it

ppl can still swap at the last second and an inattentive tenno can be caught off guard and forced to deal with the next 5 waves/mins solo even if they had no intention of doing so

sounds like the OP got rektd and was upset so they aborted the mission, sure they got no rewards for doing this, but again, the game does a piss-poor job of explaining any of this stuff internally, and not every single new player who DL's warframe is going to spend 10+ hrs reviewing the wiki just to learn/understand the basic mechanics of each mission type becuz DE puts info ingame as a last priority [i am no fan of hand holding, but there are ways to provide ingame info with lore in ways that are not pandering]

TL;DR - welcome to the suck OP, learn to love the grind =]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

5 hours ago, Sketch065 said:

/snip/
PS: To avoid such problems in the future, i suggest that you first click on BATTLE button and then hover your cursor over the EXTRACT button. That way, in case others decide to extract, you won't be strugling by moving your mouse, you will just click.

Since this started popping up on the Forums as something that happens, I've been "hovering my mouse" as suggested here.

I'm glad to say that so far I haven't actually needed to, so this sort of behavior seems pretty rare. But from the continued number of forum posts clearly remains an actual problem.

4 hours ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

/snip/

for years we have been asking for a lock-in style voting system in between waves so that this kind of nonsense doesn't happen, but so far DE hasn't changed it

ppl can still swap at the last second and an inattentive tenno can be caught off guard and forced to deal with the next 5 waves/mins solo even if they had no intention of doing so

Yes, I agree completely. It's pretty clear we need DE to "full proof" this.

If as soon as all players have selected BATTLE that immediately locked everyone in then most of the problem would be gone. 
Plus it could easily save "normal" groups several seconds of the timer clicking away once everyone has agreed.

While we're more or less on the topic I think if a player doesn't select either choice it should count them as choosing to leave rather than battle.
Reason - occasionally we've had it happen where someone basically has their graphics lock-up.

They can still hear what is happening and button-presses do cause actions, but they can't see anything except the locked image.
So the problem here is that, at least as far as we've found there is no "hot key" button to choose to leave.
You can press Y to stay and Battle but nothing seems to let you choose to leave except mouse-clicking on the Extract(?) button.
Sure it's a pretty rare problem, but since there is a hot-key to stay then I don't see a reason for the default to also be to stay with no hotkey choice to leave.
And this would help with afk/leechers too since if they didn't at least mouse click they'd be removed.

Cheers
~R~

16 hours ago, Rolunde said:

While we're more or less on the topic I think if a player doesn't select either choice it should count them as choosing to leave rather than battle.
Reason - occasionally we've had it happen where someone basically has their graphics lock-up.

yep ^^^ this

its been suggested 100's of times at least

[stay] or [leave]

if no choice - then ALWAYS LEAVE , ie no choice = assume afk 

if choose either stay or leave , then allow a 'lock-in' vote , once all players lock-in their stay or leave choice , no need for more timer [timer would continue otherwise if all players do not lock-in] {ie 4-0 , 0-4, 2-2, 1-3, etc}

in this way if the pub team you are with all move over to stay but they DONT lock in , then you can know that you are about to be ditched on and act accordingly

this is not rocket science, and i cannot fathom why DE has not addressed this in over 3+ years, FFS we have so many garbage add-on content ingame like arghwing that sucks up 1000's of manhours, yet the endless missions that draw the majority of the playerbase still dont get the QoL that they deserve =/ SMDH =/

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

21 hours ago, Sketch065 said:

If you could get the reward and all the collected loot even though you failed or quit, it would ruin the whole game.

Actually no.

Having most of the reward when you fail would incentivize people to try very hard missions; to stay in defense and other endless mission until it becomes really hard.

Right now nobody want to do anything challenging because the game actively punish you for doing so. If you want to do anything difficult you have to play solo, it's boring as well as non-rewarding.