The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a change with elevators

HoloShaii

I think it's time for DE to give us a way to avoid the toxicity of other players when it comes to things like elevators. After playing this game for over two years i've pretty much had countless cases where someone waits in the elevator till the last second you're there, and then leaves right before you can get in, making you wait for the elevator to come back, and then that happening the next and the next elevator. Telling me it's faster if they go up first, even tho they literally wait until i'm there.

Either a report button for toxic behaviour, or a way to get up without needing the elevator, like an air vent or something. After getting this done to me for multiple missions in a row, I'm getting quite sick of it, and it's starting to affect my view of the community, cause once i confront them about it, I get a bunch of foul language back.

Please make some kind of way to avoid people using game elements as a way to be toxic to others. I would hate for this to make me dislike playing with others.

Just now, FashionFrame said:

You won't know elevator pain till you've played Mass Effect 1

I know lol, but my point is that if a game element is so easily used to be toxic, it's badly designed, and needs a change.

ok first thing, this has always been a non-issue... its like 5-10 seconds tops... =/

but still, DE should honestly just design a better 'elevator system' to join tiles together

ie instead of the single pathway elevator, ALL 'elevator tiles' should be a hub room with 2-4 elevators in them, KIND OF LIKE IN REAL LIFE, so that at any point in time, several individuals/groups could be going up/down [there are a few tiles in the game that are somewhat like this, but im not saying that all elevator tiles need to be huge, you could still maintain a small footprint but have multiple up/down pathways]

and if you wanna get REALLY SPICY, then improve the enemy NPC AI to ACTUALLY USE THE ELEVATORS IN THEIR OWN SHIPS/BASES to chase/follow/ambush us ; since as it is currently an elevator is an impossible barrier to any/all enemies unless they teleport, which is freaking stupid =/

I don't think I ever had that happen to me in a very long time. Or at least not intentionally. It's mostly due to lag times where a player might misjudge that I've got in, only to see (for them) my Warframe immediately [lag] teleport away to where I actually am on my screen, a few meters away from the elevator.

The only times I can think of when it was for malicious (or at least light teasing) intent was a player at the bottom of the elevator while the rest of the team is at the top calling the elevator up, the said player would then press the button for it to come right back down, so we would be at a stand still, just wasting time. Even then it was only for a few moments and we would all laugh it off.

Personally, I don't think either case is nearly a problem, but again I haven't had it happen to me much at all these days so I can only speak for myself. For all I know it might really be a problem for everyone else like yourself haha.
Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Just now, HallowedFlux said:

I know lol, but my point is that if a game element is so easily used to be toxic, it's badly designed, and needs a change.

haha yeah. It's just like that 100 days of Warframe, closes the door after flipping the guy off XD

9 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

haha yeah. It's just like that 100 days of Warframe, closes the door after flipping the guy off XD

That happens to me like pretty much once every day I play, and it's not like i'm super far behind, but people just bullet jump in and immediately use the elevator.

Edited by HallowedFlux
Typo

Just now, Miser_able said:

Some of the elevators do have alternate routes such as one corpus ship tile that has this long shaft straight down left to the elevator. More things like this would be nice. 

Yes exactly, I love it when i get that tile in my mission, cause i won't even have to use the elevator

6 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

ie instead of the single pathway elevator, ALL 'elevator tiles' should be a hub room with 2-4 elevators in them, KIND OF LIKE IN REAL LIFE, so that at any point in time, several individuals/groups could be going up/down [there are a few tiles in the game that are somewhat like this, but im not saying that all elevator tiles need to be huge, you could still maintain a small footprint but have multiple up/down pathways]

Corpus tilesets specifically do a great job at this. Especially the ones you commonly see in Excavation or Alad V's boss fight in Jupiter.

There's the one with like 2 or 3 elevators, one wind shaft(s) that shoot you straight up, and one spiraling staircase all in the same tile to get to the same place. It's actually one of my favourite little corpus tiles since it gives that sense of scale which gives you the impression of "oh boy, this Alad V guy is no joke", if that makes any sense lol~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

26 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

ok first thing, this has always been a non-issue... its like 5-10 seconds tops... =/

but still, DE should honestly just design a better 'elevator system' to join tiles together

and if you wanna get REALLY SPICY, then improve the enemy NPC AI to ACTUALLY USE THE ELEVATORS IN THEIR OWN SHIPS/BASES to chase/follow/ambush us ; since as it is currently an elevator is an impossible barrier to any/all enemies unless they teleport, which is freaking stupid =/

Well, you call it a non issue, but after 2 years of people being toxic in this way i'm getting pretty done with it. :/

Edited by HallowedFlux
Typo

most of the time when this happens i just go sit somewhere and let them finish the mission on their own.  If you don't intend to do teamwork don't do squads, go solo.  Everybody is racing in this game.  Just ask them to tell you whats enjoyable in a game where all you do is run.  It's not the game, its the players you encounter.  Because there are players out there who actually communicate and synergise before doing anything else.  You just fell in the wrong squad and it will happen very often.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

most of the time when this happens i just go sit somewhere and let them finish the mission on their own.  If you don't intend to do teamwork don't do squads, go solo.  Everybody is racing in this game.  Just ask them to tell you whats enjoyable in a game where all you do is run.  It's not the game, its the players you encounter.  Because there are players out there who actually communicate and synergise before doing anything else.  You just fell in the wrong squad and it will happen very often.

Well, the point is that this doesn't have to be a thing if they make multiple ways of getting up or down. Also sitting out the mission on IO will take a while. :P

39 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

I think it's time for DE to give us a way to avoid the toxicity of other players when it comes to things like elevators.

Honestly I could care less about the missing elevator by last second thing, what annoys me is the elevator ride itself.  The very fact that we must use the elevator at all just annoys me to no end. 

Even worse is most elevator shafts cannot be bunny hopped up, we can't cling inside them and we cannot open doors from inside without waiting for the lift to reach us.

We also have to wait for elevators from above/below before we can open the doors, we cannot move between floors on a great number of tilesets without them.  Some have drop shafts to the floors below which are great but few and far between (and only on corpus maps?).  

Devising ways to circumvent elevators altogether or sabotage them to allow access in alternative ways would great improve the elevator experience all around.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

Honestly I could care less about the missing elevator by last second thing, what annoys me is the elevator ride itself.  The very fact that we must use the elevator at all just annoys me to no end. 

Even worse is most elevator shafts cannot be bunny hopped up, we can't cling inside them and we cannot open doors from inside without waiting for the lift to reach us.

We also have to wait for elevators from above/below before we can open the doors, we cannot move between floors on a great number of tilesets without them.  Some have drop shafts to the floors below which are great but few and far between (and only on corpus maps?).  

Devising ways to circumvent elevators altogether or sabotage them to allow access in alternative ways would great improve the elevator experience all around.

Exactly, i'm just asking for different ways to get from point A to point B without having to deal with a game element that can be easily exploited.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

-snip-

That it's become trivial is the entire problem here, stuff like this shouldn't be "normal". If you can exploit a game element by pressing a single button to be toxic to someone, then the element is objectively badly designed. It can be fixed in so many ways. More elevators or Air vents next to the elevators (as in that single corpus tile) or even stairs.

Also, telling me to just not play with others because of this is pretty ignorant, posts like these are made to make the experience better, and in general make the gameflow better. Don't you want the game experience to be better?

17 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

-snip-

You are so hung up on his reason to post, its like you ignore the fact that elevators in this game is annoying.

You can run fast, with parkour maneuver, warframe powers and all that sh!t and you still have to wait for the elevator. It forcibly changes your pace in a weird way and i dont think i've ever met anyone who likes the current elevator system.

What kind of space ninja uses elevator anyway..

Throughout my years of playing I've only had it happen to me twice, at least from what I caught, as intentional.

One player did it to me twice in the same mission; a spy mission. I got angry, but didn't say anything, instead, I was able to do the same to that player at the last elevator ride.

Edited by saltygr33n

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Why do we even have "elevators"? With all our Warframe super abilities, am I the only one that finds the use of elevators strange?!

I get that elevators exist lore wise, as Warframes are pretty much the only dudes who actually have super movement, but it's just annoying that there aren't any other ways to go past elevators.

3 minutes ago, HallowedFlux said:

I get that elevators exist lore wise, as Warframes are pretty much the only dudes who actually have super movement, but it's just annoying that there aren't any other ways to go past elevators.

Even lore wise, I mean we have guns that create mini black holes for pete sake and we can travel the cosmos...U would think they would have done away with such trivial ways to travel "up and down". Just saying. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Even lore wise, I mean we have guns that create mini black holes for pete sake and we can travel the cosmos...U would think they would have done away with such trivial ways to travel "up and down". Just saying. 

Or at least they could make them slightly faster than they are in real life...

4 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

Or at least they could make them slightly faster than they are in real life...

Right.. but I also think if someone takes the elevator before we get there we should still be able to ascend or descend on every tilset.

TBH I say do away with elevators all together. We should have teleports like we do in our dojo. Or let's scale the side of the building or use our archwing to fly up the side of the buildings. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74