Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hexis Warframe [Honos?] - the Anti-Warframe Warframe

Ascythian

The Orokin knew that their creations were dangerous weapons and so they needed to develop ways to

combat them in case any of them turned against them. You can see with Stalker and the Corpus Nullifiers that technology was created in order to combat warframes themselves.

The Ascaris is another example of anti-warframe technology.

Whether through disruption of transference or using the void itself to counter, it can be seen.

The Arbiters of Hexis philosophy is one of being beyond what you are and honour. They specifically mention that they reject the Tenno as just mere warriors.

Why did a warframe designed to stop other warframes help to destroy the Orokin too?

Because of the sense of justice installed into its operator, they began to think that justice applies to all.

Utu could be the name or Arete both gods of virtue and/or justice. Honos is another decent choice I feel.

The abilities of the Hexis warframe must be fairly different yet still effective against conventional enemies.

Maybe a unique mechanic should be applied to it like Nidus or Inaros or attention given to its abilities to be more practical and less fantastical.

An anti-warframe warframe must be capable of disrupting abilities like Valkyr's Hysterias, Rhinos

What could these abilities possibly be?

1. Nullifier Field

The infested have likely killed nullifiers and have taken over their nullifier devices. So in said fashion this Hexis warframe has a nullifier device attached to its back.

Not only does it project a personal shield capable of absorbing attacks but specific enemies that use abilities when inside it have their abilities disrupted. A drawback is that none of the hexis warframes other abilities may activate when this is active. Designed to be a sort of catch all ability for anti-warframe activities. 

2. Push Teleport

Designed against close combat Warframes such as Valkyr, Excalibur and Wukong, this keeps enemies at a distance.

Within a circle around the Warframe when activated it teleports enemies according to power range allowing tactical control of space on

the battlefield allowing the warframe to drop the foe into traps, pits and disadvantageous positions.

3. Tether

Designed to stop Warframes from escaping and halting their maneuverability this now ties enemies down, this energy orb lashes out an energy line and

keeps the enemy in one spot.

4. Empathy

A reasoned warframe, this ability reflects all damage back on the attacker and any status procs that are inflicted.

A continuous ability that drains energy it was designed against warframes such as Ember, Mesa and Saryn.

I mean, lorewise, it makes no sense, because while the Orokin always viewed the Tenno as demons, and the Warframes as savage beasts, AFAWK, they never feared them enough to create a 'Nullifier' Warframe. Hence why we were able to eventually murder them.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

42 minutes ago, Ascythian said:

2. Push Teleport

Designed against close combat Warframes such as Valkyr, Excalibur and Wukong, this keeps enemies at a distance.

Within a circle around the Warframe when activated it teleports enemies according to power range allowing tactical control of space on

the battlefield allowing the warframe to drop the foe into traps, pits and disadvantageous positions.

And just sit on the cryopod while loki disarms the entire map. GG

3. Tether

Designed to stop Warframes from escaping and halting their maneuverability this now ties enemies down, this energy orb lashes out an energy line and

keeps the enemy in one spot.

Hi Nidus.

4. Empathy

A reasoned warframe, this ability reflects all damage back on the attacker and any status procs that are inflicted.

A continuous ability that drains energy it was designed against warframes such as Ember, Mesa and Saryn.

Hi Nidus.

43 minutes ago, Ascythian said:

1. Nullifier Field

The infested have likely killed nullifiers and have taken over their nullifier devices. So in said fashion this Hexis warframe has a nullifier device attached to its back.

Not only does it project a personal shield capable of absorbing attacks but specific enemies that use abilities when inside it have their abilities disrupted. A drawback is that none of the hexis warframes other abilities may activate when this is active. Designed to be a sort of catch all ability for anti-warframe activities.

A sort of portable cataclysm, but for powers... NO thx, we already have a lot of cancerframes.

I really dont like this idea, both in lore and in skills, also, i highly doubt that Syndacates will ever be able to produce a Warframe.

Actually...I'm sort of liking this idea. You keep your friends close and your enemies closer, yes? It's not a long leap in logic to think that the Orokin might have been developing an anti-Warframe technology at the same time they were developing Warframe technology. A power structure almost always finds ways to leash and counter their own weapons, if they can.

Spoiler

After all, the Warframes are part of the Orokin answer to the Infestation that the Orokin apparently developed to try to counter the Sentients. (Which they seem to have also put into the playing field themselves.)

31 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Before I even attempt to review this, are you making this concept as a Warframe that the Tenno would use, or a Warframe kinda like the Stalker's?

This is the important question at the immediate moment--is this another antagonist or are we talking another Warframe for the Tenno?

21 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I mean, lorewise, it makes no sense, because while the Orokin always viewed the Tenno as demons, and the Warframes as savage beats, AFAWK, they never feared them enough to create a 'Nullifier' Warframe. Hence why we were able to eventually murder them.

To add to this, even if they HAD created a NullyFrame, it would have only been usable by Tenno, thus defeating the entire purpose of making one in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

To add to this, even if they HAD created a NullyFrame, it would have only been usable by Tenno, thus defeating the entire purpose of making one in the first place.

This isn't necessarily true. You're making a dangerous assumption here: that all Tenno were on board with the apparent betrayal of the Orokin.

I'm digging some of these ideas. The lore motivation is interesting. I can definitely envision an Orokin science team, in their fear and paranoia of the Tenno, crafting a frame they could enslave specifically to protect themselves from other frames (or to protect their personal Orokin masters from would-be assailants).

From a gameplay perspective, I really like the first three abilities. A toggled ability-dampening field would be an innovative addition to the Tenno arsenal. I dig the single-target CC mechanics in 2 and 3, but instead of a Nidus-esque skill, I think it might be more interesting if it tethered the target to a fixed point on the ground from wherever the ability was cast, somewhat like the effect of the Tether Grenades mod (this may have been your idea from the start, not too sure). I think there could be some cool synergy between the Push teleport and the Tether as well, something like inflicting damage and stunning the target if Pushed beyond the limits of the Tether. This would build synergy between 2 and 3.

The ult is a neat idea, but it feels too passive to me, especially since this frame's other abilities are fairly passive as well. Perhaps the ult could be some kind of damaging power that also weakens defenses but is hard to land without adequate CC being applied to the enemy. For example, some kind of small nuke with a clear targeting indicator and a few seconds of delay before the damage hits. This would still be an effective counter to caster frames (since most of them are squishy), and it could also be a payoff power for effectively making use of the Warframe's other powers (kinda like Miasma does). We'd just have to make the casting range on it fairly short in order to prevent players from abusing it to cheese missions.

I guess my next questions for fleshing out this design would be these:

• What kind of role would this Warframe have? Long-range support, in-the-fray scrapper, stealth takedown machine?
  • What role would the Warframe fill in a squad? Would it support? Would it be better solo?
  • In which missions would it excel? What would be its weak points?
  • What kind of stats would this Warframe have?
  • What special considerations would a player need to have to ensure they succeeded with playing Hexis?

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Spaztic Magic said:

This isn't necessarily true. You're making a dangerous assumption here: that all Tenno were on board with the apparent betrayal of the Orokin.

No I'm not.  Besides the fact that Richard didn't stand for it, we know for a fact that not all the Tenno were at Terminus.

Edited by Yzjdriel

19 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

No I'm not.  Besides the fact that Richard didn't stand for it, we know for a fact that not all the Tenno were at Terminus.

You're saying that it would "defeat the entire purpose" to use an anti-warframe as a Tenno. That only holds true if all Tenno hold the same ethical/moral perspective on this matter and we have no evidence of that. There's plenty of reason, I could see, for a Tenno to want to rock an anti-warframe.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Before I even attempt to review this, are you making this concept as a Warframe that the Tenno would use, or a Warframe kinda like the Stalker's?

Both? But if you mean playable and buildable, then buildable. Its anti-warframe abilities put to use against new enemies like the grineer and sentients who exhibit powerful abilities.

It could be seen that Stalker was also designed around the same premise maybe they even trained together in anti-warframe tactics.

Id see Honos as a more 'pure' anti-warframe warframe while the stalker seems more of an all purpose warframe. It is fair to assume that the Orokin would try and discover the weakness of their own warframes as well as strengths and possibly design something to exploit that knowledge.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, Kyryo said:

I really dont like this idea, both in lore and in skills, also, i highly doubt that Syndacates will ever be able to produce a Warframe.

Loka didn't produce Titania and Perrin Sequence didn't produce Nidus. This is an already existing Warframe.

No this warframe is not a Nidus-like or is supposed to be.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:31 PM, SenorClipClop said:

I guess my next questions for fleshing out this design would be these:

• What kind of role would this Warframe have? Long-range support, in-the-fray scrapper, stealth takedown machine?
  • What role would the Warframe fill in a squad? Would it support? Would it be better solo?
  • In which missions would it excel? What would be its weak points?
  • What kind of stats would this Warframe have?
  • What special considerations would a player need to have to ensure they succeeded with playing Hexis?

I suppose the role wouldn't be damage monster but more of a counter warframe, countering the enemies abilities while removing them from a discreet range, positioning itself to cause utmost disruption. In terms of in a team it would most likely be a support warframe.

It would probably excel in defence missions, keeping enemies away from a particular target.

Its weakpoints is that it is not a great damage dealer and maybe it would drain a fair amount of energy. It would not be a particular speedy warframe. Its first ability would have to be deactivated to unable it to use its other abilities and depending on cast speed, that might put it in a vulnerable position. The stats would probably be a fairly medium energy pool, medium armour and shields.

The consideration would be positioning, attacking isolated enemies would do not so well, which while its abilities wre originally used for anti-warframe activities the enemies it faces now are not warframes but its abilities would best be served against multiple targets which would also put it in some danger if attention is not taken to its energy pool. While deactivating its first ability to enable usage of the rest, finding a safe spot to do it is a need.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, PrVonTuckIII said:

I mean, lorewise, it makes no sense, because while the Orokin always viewed the Tenno as demons, and the Warframes as savage beasts, AFAWK, they never feared them enough to create a 'Nullifier' Warframe. Hence why we were able to eventually murder them.

The anti-warframe warframes also turned against the Orokin barring some like stalker but they were not really properly equipped to defeat the other Tenno.

And tether would be like the tether grenades mod, keeping the enemy in one place, not ragdolling them by default, merely containing them and allowing the hexis aligned warframe to use its other abilities to defeat them.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:49 PM, Ascythian said:

Loka didn't produce Titania and Perrin Sequence didn't produce Nidus.

i don't get it. If you are talking about the quest, they had no idea that we would find the Warframes Blueprints, that was just a casuality, neither of them actually PRODUCED the warframes.