Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A small tweak to the Razorback event

Stefe

I've noticed that only the person who opens the door to the Razorback has their cipher consumed; this leads to a lot of people - at least, the squads I've been in - just stepping around near the door, waiting for someone else to use their key.

Any chance we can just have everyone lose a key each time the door is opened?

Edited by Stefe

58 minutes ago, Stefe said:

I've noticed that only the person who opens the door to the Razorback has their cipher consumed; this leads to a lot of people - at least, the squads I've been in - just stepping around near the door, waiting for someone else to use their key.

Any chance we can just have everyone lose a key each time the door is opened?

As I understand it everyone is supposed to lose one cipher per mission.

But apparently that only works if the host uses the cipher, if a client uses it only the client loses the cipher.

Hurray for bugs!

4 hours ago, PrwnStar42 said:

Or just make the cost for them a little less silly.

this, while I'm not about to stand around all day long waiting for others to do the key, I do begrudge using 3500 polymer bundles, the one resource I NEVER have a stockpile of, for a miniscule (in my experience) chance to get the puncture mods that razorbacks are dropping.  I've got the gorgon wraith but all I seem to get from mod drops is the candy drops called toxin/status... which I've had loads of from normal game play, unlike the puncture mods which are event only...

I posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here as this topic is actually more relevant to my other post:

My biggest hate about this key is not farming it but how you use it. You need to use the cipher key to open the door to get into the boss room (which consumes it), it however only gets consumed by the person hacking the door, the other 3 team members get to keep their keys and come back again afterwards. You can imagine what this leads to in pugs when they figure this out... This is a really crappy implementation of using the key. What they should have done is give the key 4 charges, when the door is opened it only consumes 1 charge for everyone. This way everyone gets 4 runs out of 1 key and it doesn't matter who uses the key on the door. This would stop some really unfriendly or questionable behaviour from other players.

I'm kinda against the whole idea of the boss room consuming 4 keys per run. Especially because of how expensive those keys are when it comes to polymer.

Unless they significantly toned down the polymer cost of the keys to something like 300-500 per, It would be more beneficial to correct the bug with the Host consuming everyones key. Which would open the level up to a more normal key sharing rotation. At which point you just hit up recruiting instead of trusting your fate to PUGs much like a Mutalist Alad V or a relic Rad share. 

On 5/13/2017 at 7:03 AM, Fated_Prophet said:

I posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here as this topic is actually more relevant to my other post:

My biggest hate about this key is not farming it but how you use it. You need to use the cipher key to open the door to get into the boss room (which consumes it), it however only gets consumed by the person hacking the door, the other 3 team members get to keep their keys and come back again afterwards. You can imagine what this leads to in pugs when they figure this out... This is a really crappy implementation of using the key. What they should have done is give the key 4 charges, when the door is opened it only consumes 1 charge for everyone. This way everyone gets 4 runs out of 1 key and it doesn't matter who uses the key on the door. This would stop some really unfriendly or questionable behaviour from other players.

That would make it significantly more PUG friendly and get around the keysharing issue that would require pretty much everyone except the last key user to have an extra key. Tho I would still love to see the keys get a polymer cost reduction but in this implementation only to something like 1.2k-2k per multi use key. 

Edited by Oreades
added Radshare keyshare examples