Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing - Request for proper old controls

Zanchak

Before we go down the wrong track from the very start and someone tells me to uncheck experiemental, turning off experimental does not give you old Archwing controls as "stated" in these forums. It gives you NEW Archwing controls, only with less control and no speed. You're still dangling on a stick like a puppet and it still induces motion sickness.

"Old" controls were more like Titania. Fast, manoeuvrable and not sickness inducing. If you're going to stick Archwing as a wall in front of quests, missions or events, it would be really appreciated if proper old controls were given back to us.

It shouldn't take anyone all night to get resources for even one key in a relatively short mission, simply because they need recalibrate their brain after every Archwing run, and thats pretty much how this event looks like its going since now I'm sitting here de-greening after 1 run and irritated that these "experimental" controls seem to be hanging around like a bad smell.

I can't stress enough how green new Archwing makes me and how disappointing it is missing out on parts of a game I love and support because of it, especially when neither option is the old Archwing as has been claimed.

2 minutes ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

there is no need to, because the original archwing controls were horrible. There is a reason why the devs did what they did.

Clearly there is a need to, since you just answered with something I've said I already did therefore, you have not helped anyone and have only shown you do not read.

+10

Just now, Alex9-3-9 said:

there is no need to, because the original archwing controls were horrible. There is a reason why the devs did what they did.

If they're so horrible then why do a lot of people prefer the old controls over the new controls? Old controls were precise and easy to use when flying quickly around tight corners. New controls are disorienting and its impossible to go top speed, especially through a lot of the Corpus tilesets, because of its stupid momentum.

The reason it was changed was so that it was more "realistic." Why does functionality have to be taken away for the sake of realism?

Just now, Xionyde134 said:

If they're so horrible then why do a lot of people prefer the old controls over the new controls? Old controls were precise and easy to use when flying quickly around tight corners. New controls are disorienting and its impossible to go top speed, especially through a lot of the Corpus tilesets, because of its stupid momentum.

The reason it was changed was so that it was more "realistic." Why does functionality have to be taken away for the sake of realism?

This. Thank you, I was having trouble trying to explain other reasons why the old controls felt better. The motion sickness is my main personal concern, but Im pretty sure thats partially coming from just how drifty and weird the new controls are, checked or unchecked. I used to hate banging into everything, now I'd give anything to be bouncing off things again lol