Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Warframe Cosplay on a Budget!

[DE]Megan

Here is my Nova complete with glowing energy :)  More pics and materials in spoiler tag.

bcc140cd-9344-4ec3-b55e-36df275af99d.jpg 

Spoiler

0a7d0d19-f52f-4b70-a3d6-84f874ab217a.jpg

739c1f34-4f1c-40dc-bbcf-0d56eb2a896d.jpg

4356150682444993261-account_id1.jpg

Materials:

- Owned Clothes (black shirt, black boots, black pants, and massacred turtleneck)

- Owned tulle (explanation: last summer i was on a kickball team called the badass tutus and made a different color tutu each week.  I have all the tulle...)

- Aluminum Foil

- Black tape: $1

- Black posterboard: $1.99

- Blue lights: $11.99 (was $19.99 but lights are 40% off at michaels... yay!)

Total: under $14.98

So, instead of dressing myself up, I decided to dress up my best friend instead. Our puppy, aptly named Kubrow, sporting Valinn armor. He's not mature enough for combat yet, so the armor just confused him, which is why he just tried to eat the faceplate that I made him. Oh well, I still think he looks adorable.

The face plate is pictured with the other pieces in the pictures in the spoiler, just not being worn. I don't think hot glue and cardboard are recommended substitutions in the Kubrow diet. Grineer are a far more nutritionally balanced regimen. Don't worry pup, you'll be out hunting the bad guys soon enough.

WP_20170601_007_zps9nnarjjw.jpg

WP_20170601_011_zpsz8hfaf19.jpg

WP_20170601_003_zps8bmqunqn.jpg

Materials:

-Paint: Black, Gold, Gunmetal Gray (already owned, approx. $3 if I had to buy it).

-Cardboard (already owned) $0

-Hot Glue Gun (already owned, $2.69 if I had bought it)

-Hot Glue $0.50

-Black Cord (already owned approx. $3 if I had to buy it)

Total cost $0.50, or $8.69 if I bought everything, not including tax.

So me and a buddy of mine decided to do this together, with both of us doing our own, but with each other's help. I decided to do John Prodman, based on his autograph image and a standard Prod Crewman. I'll wait for him to give the details on the whole thing; chances are he'll be the one below me.

cgHA74d.jpg

6AbCddr.jpg

And now, the group shot. My pal Helix_Prime will have the battle pose. He's the Toxic Ancient.

Nj6p5m0.jpg

Materials used for me:

Had lying around (free): Rubber floor mats, lemonade bottles, various adhesives (contact cement, hot glue, spray adhesive), various fabrics (silver, red, green), duct tape, LED strips (and all the circuitry for them)

Bought: Shirt and pants ($10), Green acrylic ($1), cleaning gloves ($1), grey paint primer ($5)

Total: $17

We pretty much started as soon as the contest was announced. We just now finished. We put a lot of work into these. And it was hella fun. :D

We also made (well, are making [editing -_-]) a video showing much of the process. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll give a link when it's done. Not sure how kosher it would be to put it in on the forums on its own; lemme know, someone in charge. :P

Edited by Uzenvard

Here's my Toxic ancient

Materials:
Fabric: 0$ (had on hand)
Foam: 0$ (had on hand)
Paints: 7$ (spray paint)
Odds and Ends hardware: 0$ (used what we could find)
Sweat Suit: 10$
Time: roughly 130 Hours

We figure that all ancients are slightly different from one another so we did an artistic impression of what we thought a variant of an ancient could be.

This was made alongside Uzenvard who made John Prodman

We made a video of us making these but it's not currently uploaded yet.  However, we will add a link to it once it is ready for the public

XkOoroF.jpgabi4lZo.jpg

sEPPei6.jpg

15 hours ago, Lilith_Alpha said:

So this is my attempt at a Budget costume solution

I present Loki, the deciever.

AMh7lkt.jpg

More pictures:

Reveal hidden contents

LNaaIZU.jpg

UDKDNqY.jpg

RPvPOja.jpg

Since Loki_Speight and I are married, live together and produced a Dethcube together,

we also share the same material pool, meaning that all of the materials where also lying arround the house already ( we like to build stuff)

Here's the breakdown for the materials:

- Cheap yoga matt 6€

- 2 Sticks of hotglue 1€

-Acrylic paints - Already lying arround the house

-Double sided Tape 5€

-Duct Tape - LOTS OF IT, but cheap 2€

-Back Hoodie - already owned

-2 black Sweaters -already owned

-Camouflage caro Pants - already owned

-pair of gloves - already owned

- Bolto pistol - 20k Credits, 1 Lato, 800 Polymerbundles, 2 orokin cells and 2 Neurodes, but luckily my wife built it already 2 years ago for the Halloween contest

- Corpus Trophy - I built that one 2 years ago for the Halloween contest

So construction wise I cut up the Yoga Matt into convinient Loki-shaped pieces and glued them together with loads of Hotglue.

The arm pieces were cut out and blasted with a blowdryer to mold them into shape. Afterwards I painted it all with Acrylics.

The rest then was assembled with duct tape and doublesided tape to look somewhat not offputting.

I hope you enjoy it and have lots of fun!

Good luck everyone!

BRO THIS IS THE BEST CHEAP LOKI COSPLAY I HAV EVER SEEN