Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Aegis stealth-nerf (possibly bugged)

PrincessMittens

So as of late, I have noticed my Arcane Aegis hasn't been procing as much as it should. Turns out, it got stealth nerfed and/or bugged. It used to be 40% chance to proc, and now it's only 6% chance. I don't understand why this had to happen, especially since it comes from the most underplayed mission in the game and is one of the rare arcanes from Jordas Verdict. 

I'm very unsure on if this is a bug or intentional, but it's very infuriating, especially since people like me bought a set for when Harrow comes out. Hoping for a speedy fix/look into this bug/nerf.

For receipts/proof, here are a couple of screen caps of before and after:

unknown.png 0733185f9244ec66e49deaa7e240893d.png

Yeah looking at my own aegis set this is kinda BS, i got one off JV and seeing the stats decided to buy platinum with money in order to finish the set, i payed like 45 plat a piece for these and now its super significantly worse like almost worthless i mean i hate to be that guy but i kinda want my money back qq

Its a rare drop from the least populated raid, at 40% it's solid, not busted, but it makes shield based frames not wholly reliant on Quick Thinking and gives shields a leg up on health, which is leagues better at the moment. at 6% I rarely see it proc. quite frankly I don't care if the buff was unintended, it made the thing worth using on a few select frames. As it is now, it is near useless because it will almost never proc before you run out of shields. Please, put it back on the level of a niche energize because it's just as rare.

Edit- I also dropped a fair amount of plat to finish off my set while it was 40%, kind of rude to nerf it without compensation or even warning.

Edited by DiscountSupport
Forgot a minor detail

1 hour ago, DiscountSupport said:

Its a rare drop from the least populated raid, at 40% it's solid, not busted, but it makes shield based frames not wholly reliant on Quick Thinking and gives shields a leg up on health, which is leagues better at the moment. at 6% I rarely see it proc. quite frankly I don't care if the buff was unintended, it made the thing worth using on a few select frames. As it is now, it is near useless because it will almost never proc before you run out of shields. Please, put it back on the level of a niche energize because it's just as rare.

Edit- I also dropped a fair amount of plat to finish off my set while it was 40%, kind of rude to nerf it without compensation or even warning.

Well with Shield Gating in the works 6% might not be that bad. Also Reddit says it's supposed to be at 6%.

1 minute ago, SuikoTenshi said:

Well with Shield Gating in the works 6% might not be that bad. Also Reddit says it's supposed to be at 6%.

It was 6 at first, which is pretty bad, then for some reason it jumped to 40 on PC only, which made it actually worth using, and then they took it back to 6. It won't help shieldgating that much if it doesn't proc before your shields drop because newsflash, shields have no DR and deplete in the blink of an eye once you get past low levels.

Just now, DiscountSupport said:

It was 6 at first, which is pretty bad, then for some reason it jumped to 40 on PC only, which made it actually worth using, and then they took it back to 6. It won't help shieldgating that much if it doesn't proc before your shields drop because newsflash, shields have no DR and deplete in the blink of an eye once you get past low levels.

I mean if it procs on the Gate invulnerability period it'd be pretty damn good, and with all that extra time for 6% that's still really good. 40% seems ridiculous in my opinion, even without Gating in place. I mean, it already makes Mesa effectively invincible even at 6%.

11 minutes ago, SuikoTenshi said:

I mean if it procs on the Gate invulnerability period it'd be pretty damn good, and with all that extra time for 6% that's still really good. 40% seems ridiculous in my opinion, even without Gating in place. I mean, it already makes Mesa effectively invincible even at 6%.

People with that ridiculous level of DR are already nearly invincible, and quite frankly, if you can get ten of something that is a rare from the least played mission in the game, it should be outstanding. Having used it at 40%, it was okay/pretty good unless you had loads of DR where it became really good. Before, it felt like a good investment, being up quite often, and recovering shields from getting hit by a few stray bullets. Now I'm lucky to see it proc more than once or twice on a Kuva mission.

7 hours ago, Blissful_Altruism said:

This was not nerfed. It was fixed to be 6%. I made a thread about it here.

It's been 6% since its creation. The 40% was a bug, either mechanical or purely visual.

I would assume it was entirely a UI issue. I have a set and I didn't personally notice the kind of enormous difference 40% would make.