The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is First Person Gameplay Option Possible For Warframe?

Definitely possible, but not probable.  The tech limitations are even easier than you think to overcome, and most have already been done.  They just don't allow the option.  Yes, even possible motion sickness issues, clipping, as well FOV concerns.

DE has taken pains to separate themselves from the crowded fps market.    Even though Destiny started later than WF I'm sure they're not eager to have even more comparisons between the two titles, especially with Destiny 2 coming out.  They also feel that the view encourages a larger focus on frame looks, which is a key part of their monetization.

This game's popularity is due to how sensitive the devs are the player feedback, both random and from their player council.  Any established feature will see loud pushback to change, even if it's added an option.  And they certainly have no issues with following the loud minority voice when it comes to established system.  I'm sure you've seen plenty of that just in this thread.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The addition of a first person mode is not worth having to redo every animation to make sure nothing interferes with the new view and having to go over every weapon texture to make sure there are no problems with seeing them from that close. Also makes capes and such invisible.

Why would you want your FashionFrame to be invisible?

11 hours ago, (PS4)AmjadZohair said:

Why everyone don't imagine a custom FP for Warframe not like any other slow movement game.

I want to FP stealth kill with dual swards.

I want to FP Bullet jump (why not?)

Why i cant turn back faster in FP mode?

I want to go home. bye 

what-meme-13.jpg?w=820

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Give me Syndicate and faction FPS and a separate story line, set in the Warframe Universe.

Imagine taking on Tenno or infested and Sentients as humans, that would be a serious challenge. 

Actually.... that's not a bad idea. Having a Warframe spinoff where you play as a Syndicate Operative would be pretty cool, IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Actually.... that's not a bad idea. Having a Warframe spinoff where you play as a Syndicate Operative would be pretty cool, IMO.

This could even go further. Play as a Dax during the Fall. Fight the Grineer opression as a colonist. Be an assassin in Corpus Headquarters. 

Many stories just wait to be told, not to mention all those times when "keep them busy while a operative steals the good stuff". Maby play as those obviously badass people? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...