Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Rifle Motion Sickness

Nomen_Mortis

Not sure about anyone else, but I am experiencing motion sickness when using scoped-in sniper rifles. This happens to me with no other weapon type.

If I had to guess, it's either the scope sway or the large zoom required to do damage.

Are there any plans by the devs to fix this issue? I don't have problems with sniper rifles in other games.

Edited by Nomen_Mortis

I'd put my money on the fact that snipers aren't really meant for horde games... Swiping left and right at the speed of light, trying to chain headshots without staying in place while looking through a scope is bound to give you a headache and motion sickness.

I don't think the sway or the zoom is the problem.
It is troublesome that the zoom gives out a bonus though I'll give you that.

For some weird reason snipers have a sway even though this isn't call of duty, where breathing, pulses, and weak muscles contribute to the swaying of weapons. However we don't see this with other weapons, and also warframes are incredibly strong. The sway doesn't actually make much sense. I'm not even sure if warframes breathe lol. But If they do I'm sure they could just hold their breath in for a very long time... or at least until your not scoping. DE does this a lot, adds something realistic, but only the annoying part and you don't get to hold your breath in. If they really want to keep the sway, just make it so that they hold their breath in automatically when you scope for a certain amount of time, or the easier option, just remove it. 

I don't understand why scoping in with sniper rifles creates so much sway when Warframes can hold giant swords without any effort. And most importantly, why does Buzlok not have any sway? It's a scoped weapon too. I'd say just remove the sway.

Edited by BrokenBullet

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 5:52 PM, BrokenBullet said:

I don't understand why scoping in with sniper rifles creates so much sway when Warframes can hold giant swords without any effort. And most importantly, why does Buzlok not have any sway? It's a scoped weapon too. I'd say just remove the sway.

E

Yeah they have huge swords wtf! Lol i also think they should make the sniper scope zoom a lot less, like equal to the iron sights zoom on most weapons and then have whatever zoom they want for the second level. It seems kinda silly that we automatically zoom super far in. Also remove the accuracy debuff for being unzoomed, usually itd be n Inaccurate because Its such a big weapon, but like you said, they are kinda strong lol

On 5/22/2017 at 7:41 PM, SempaiMint said:

For some weird reason snipers have a sway even though this isn't call of duty, where breathing, pulses, and weak muscles contribute to the swaying of weapons. However we don't see this with other weapons, and also warframes are incredibly strong. The sway doesn't actually make much sense. I'm not even sure if warframes breathe lol. But If they do I'm sure they could just hold their breath in for a very long time... or at least until your not scoping. DE does this a lot, adds something realistic, but only the annoying part and you don't get to hold your breath in. If they really want to keep the sway, just make it so that they hold their breath in automatically when you scope for a certain amount of time, or the easier option, just remove it. 

funny thing...before the sniper rework (the one that added variable zoom,a time AND hit based combo counter on a percision weapon,and added the overall upgrade to them) snipers used to NOT have sway. this is one of DE's standard compensatory nerfs. for the cost of getting more power we have to deal with that slight sway...which is kind of nonsensicle since snipers need all the help they can get.
(this would be the equivalent of the shotgun rework getting the euphona drop off...instead of the dropoff cap)

Edited by Ordosan