Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Missions A Little Too Hard, Now?

Punisher106

So this alert that came up, I gave it a shot. Right off the bat, I noticed something disturbing. "Waves remaining: 15". Now, Defense and Mobile Defense missions are ones that I consider to be the hardest, the latter I loathe with all of my heart. Anyway, in this alert, it was just swarm after overwhelming swarm of Corpus, on the second wave! I have never retried a mission so many times. One time, we actually got to 11 before failing. What the hell, guys? Why can't we just get out of there after 5 waves?

So this alert that came up, I gave it a shot. Right off the bat, I noticed something disturbing. "Waves remaining: 15". Now, Defense and Mobile Defense missions are ones that I consider to be the hardest, the latter I loathe with all of my heart. Anyway, in this alert, it was just swarm after overwhelming swarm of Corpus, on the second wave! I have never retried a mission so many times. One time, we actually got to 11 before failing. What the hell, guys? Why can't we just get out of there after 5 waves?

Defense isn't too difficult (a clanmate and I did a similar 15 wave defense alert with just the two of us last night, the event prior to the drone one required you to potentially go to wave 25), but they require some coordination - as said, if you can get a Frost with globe, use it.

Also, if you're not within line of sight of the pod, you screwed up. Happens all too often that guys playing Rambo away from the pod result in mission failure. You need to watch the baby, turn around and take your eyes off it? It'll drink draino.

I agree with Taranis49.  You have to stay near the pod in order to protect it.  I like the cryopod shields now!  Encourages people to stay on task rather than to run around the map.

I haven't tried it without Snow Globe though.  Perhaps I'd think differently then. :D

Corpus and Infested are so-so but I'm hating the Grineer defense missions with a burning passion. Especially that one incredibly silly, open, empty, cave-like map with no covers whatsoever, any grineer with half a mind that barely got into the range of the mega massive "COME AND SHOOT ME" artifact thingy right in the middle sticking out of the ground can ruin your mission at high levels. Who on earth designed that one anyway. >:|

I dunno.. i like a challenge, but something doesn´t feel right in these defense missions, its like DE is forcing us to go with specific waframes or fail miserably and i don´t like this, i can see it now that teams in chat are looking for specific frames and if a player doesn´t have what they want then he doesn´t have a place in the squad, i don´t like this, and i´m sure the game is meant to be played in more ways than Frost + Vauban + Nyx + Saryn.

Embrace a challenge and be happy that the game actually challenges you! Fail with honor ^^

Once or twice, we had a frost, but a friend of mine offered a hand, and we finally cleared it, since he always kept a Snow Globe up around the artifact. Being an Ember is a bit of a pain in the &#!. I was spamming World of Fire, and it was doing little to no damage to the enemies. And it took an entire magazine to down a Leech Osprey in a later wave, with a Snipetron Vandal, with a level 4 Serration mod on it.

Aaaand another "gimmie a casual one-button-to-win game!!1" guy. Today I did alert def. mission with 2 useless randoms and my friend. That wasn't even a real challenge. The enemies was 40-65 lvls - not a problem.

Do you guys need some babysitting before you'll become a true men that can fight even a little bit harder enemies without "ragin' 'bout the difficulty"? You want to do nothing and get everything. Are you the same in real life?

Edited by Angelorn

Aaaand another "gimmie a casual one-button-to-win game!!1" guy. Today I did alert def. mission with 2 useless randoms and my friend. That wasn't even a real challenge. The enemies was 40-65 lvls - not a problem.

Do you guys need some babysitting before you'll become a true men that can fight even a little bit harder enemies without "ragin' 'bout the difficulty"? You want to do nothing and get everything. Are you the same in real life?

What an elitist.

The problem here is that having to go FIFTEEN WAVES without a break. So you're on wave 12, and you've gotten a good amount of delicious rubedo, and some herpderpish corpus comes to obliterate that precious artifact, guess what? You get nothing. This is incredibly frustrating.

My problem with this is the lack of rewards until 20 waves.

On nightmare mode, you have to fight 15 waves until you get a reward, which is usually just a mod that can also be obtained by other, shorter nightmare missions that dont't require defending a pod for 15 waves.