Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur nerfed to hell

Montiblanc

level 2 rhino charge goes farther than Excal's level 3 Slash dash, level 2 super jump might as well be a normal jump

power range mods and power strength mods dont work on slash dash

should change description of it being a blanced frame for new players to something like "use this frame for added difficulty!"

excalibur was the easiest suiit of all the frames because he was very OP. maybe now you need half the skill to use him as you do the rest of the suits :x

I'd love to hear in which ways Excalibur required less skill than the other frames. Slash dash did need a nerf, though.

He instakills the things Rhino can only knock down. I actually remember someone telling me how much better the Excal's slash dash was.

my friend stoped using excalibur because it was to easy and was suckign the fun out of fights for us

the damage slash dash does is based on your melee weapon if your using a sword dagger duels or a pole arm its goign to his weaker

He instakills the things Rhino can only knock down. I actually remember someone telling me how much better the Excal's slash dash was.

Thankfully. Radial Blind and Superjump are ridiculously impractical skills right now. Blind is a total waste of energy and Superjump has maybe three worthwhile uses and only when boosted all the way.

Javelin is pretty good but it is worthless whining about a 4 skill being great because ALL of the 4 skills are pretty much overpowering bullshyte with a high mana cost.

Slash Dash is the gimmick skill. Can't see why anyone would consider it a problem.

Are you dense? Excalibur OP?

Do you even understand what the term overpowered is supposed to mean?

well his dash used to be more effective than half the other suits ults for starters....

Edited by Onigan

my friend stoped using excalibur because it was to easy and was suckign the fun out of fights for us

the damage slash dash does is based on your melee weapon if your using a sword dagger duels or a pole arm its goign to his weaker

This isn't true. I was getting identical damage numbers for the Furax and the Scindo and I know their damage isn't exactly the same.

I'd love to hear in which ways Excalibur required less skill than the other frames. Slash dash did need a nerf, though.

you can go into a room, dash in a couple times, kill 15 enemies (just with your dash), and dash out to safety within like 10 seconds. i played him to level 30 and out of all my suits he was by far the easiest easy mode you could ask for in this game

he can also super jump away, dash or super jump through lasers, blind all the enemies nearby

Edited by Onigan

Thankfully. Radial Blind and Superjump are ridiculously impractical skills right now. Blind is a total waste of energy and Superjump has maybe three worthwhile uses and only when boosted all the way.

radial blind is the best skill in boss fights. It stuns them and also resets the alarmed state before wearing off, allowing entire team to land couple of red crits (many times more damage than normal, yellow crit).

you can go into a room, dash in a couple times, kill 15 enemies (just with your dash), and dash out to safety within like 10 seconds. i played him to level 30 and out of all my suits he was by far the easiest easy mode you could ask for in this game

he can also super jump away, dash or super jump through lasers, blind all the enemies nearby

Dashing three times is 75 energy.

The same kinda of output an Ember would need to use Fireblast to clear most of a room of infected or plenty of other classes spending to wreck S#&$.

I'm not seeing where this makes the only real attack skill on the frame brutally OP. You not only gotta herd everything into a line you gotta keep up on energy just like everyone else.

The only thing I can figure you are complaining about is Excalibur's unique ability to make Ancients look like a joke. Tell me, WHY is it a bad thing for the class to have a ridiculously efficient way of dealing with an enemy for his team?

radial blind is the best skill in boss fights. It stuns them and also resets the alarmed state before wearing off, allowing entire team to land couple of red crits (many times more damage than normal, yellow crit).

Any stun is good on bosses. You can do pretty good just spamming Scindo or Furax jump attacks too.

Dashing three times is 75 energy.

The same kinda of output an Ember would need to use Fireblast to clear most of a room of infected or plenty of other classes spending to wreck S#&$.

I'm not seeing where this makes the only real attack skill on the frame brutally OP. You not only gotta herd everything into a line you gotta keep up on energy just like everyone else.

The only thing I can figure you are complaining about is Excalibur's unique ability to make Ancients look like a joke. Tell me, WHY is it a bad thing for the class to have a ridiculously efficient way of dealing with an enemy for his team?

could ember move 30 - 40 feet with her fireball? nope? k

also exca dash was super effective to all veteran mobs, not just ancients.

also its a bad thing because as excalibur you dont need a team. you can kill everything yourself with your energy. it takes fun from other players by making them not needed and useless.

Edited by Onigan

also its a bad thing because as excalibur you dont need a team. you can kill everything yourself with your energy. it takes fun from other players by making them not needed and useless.

Moving does not make a skill better and you're whining if you honestly feel like another team member is ripping you off when they use skills available to them to their best effect.

That is like crying over how good Ember's fire is on infected or how Rhino can facetank with his invulnerability. The best use of the skill was sniping Elites early in a fight. That doesn't make it OP. That makes it good at sniping Elites early in a fight.

You are much safer to fight as you please because that guy nailed the dangerous target so easily. He also cleared a swathe of them out if any where in the way.

You should never be whining about having a teammate smart enough to actually play to their frame's strength. It is stupid. This is a Co-Op game. Getting all bent out of shape over an awesome teammate just makes you seem childish.

Edited by Blatantfool

Moving does not make a skill better and you're whining if you honestly feel like another team member is ripping you off when they use skills available to them to their best effect.

That is like crying over how good Ember's fire is on infected or how Rhino can facetank with his invulnerability.

so you think its fair that with a team of a 4 people, and excalibur can use his dash to kill al the closest enemies and get to the farther enemies in the back and take all the kills? and then proceed to get in front of everyone and get like 90% of all the xp for the kills?

it was nerfed for a reason.

I am allready usless enough as a trinity outside of the bossroom now im just as slow as a rino dash is brutly more effective then anything i can do without super charge

I cant even get in the room intime to fight anything now :/ before i had a problem with huge cast times now i dont even get to see blood :/

I am allready usless enough as a trinity outside of the bossroom now im just as slow as a rino dash is brutly more effective then anything i can do without super charge

I cant even get in the room intime to fight anything now :/ before i had a problem with huge cast times now i dont even get to see blood :/

wel dont know how youre having problems. you must have bad gear and mods or something

when i played my excalibur there was litterally 0 tension because of how easily i could kill everything and how easily i could escape.

no tension whatsoever, unlike when im on my mag i actually have to think about what im doing.. if only a little bit

That is like crying over how good Ember's fire is on infected or how Rhino can facetank with his invulnerability. The best use of the skill was sniping Elites early in a fight. That doesn't make it OP. That makes it good at sniping Elites early in a fight.

i wanted to point out how wrong this is.

excalibur super dash could one shot infested, grineir, and cronus units. so thats not an accurate statement whatsoever.

i think youre just mad your easy suit got nerfed and you dont feel op anymore :(

oh and LOL

"You should never be whining about having a teammate smart enough to actually play to their frame's strength. It is stupid. This is a Co-Op game. Getting all bent out of shape over an awesome teammate just makes you seem childish."

hes not awesome, hes just playing a super easy suit

derp

Edited by Onigan

100% agreed that super jump is only really useful if fully maxed out

IMHO super jump's height needs to be DOUBLED at each upgrade step

this would make it FAR more useful

also it only makes sense that power range mods SHOULD affect SJ's height and slash dash's dash range, if they are currently NOT then I would view that as a bug, I hope that is not intentional (I would also expect +range mods to increase blind and javelin's AOE's as well)

in my current build i was able to get all my SD nodes but not all my SJ nodes, thus my SD is almost what it used to be (i did notice it was a bit shorter), but my SJ only upgraded twice is basically worthless now, it constantly fails to get me even high enough to grab railings let alone jump over them (and of course blind's short duration is worthless, i never use it, i also rarely use javelin as it is usually a waste compared to 4 dashes i could be doing instead)

well yeah, slash dash could kill most heavies and ancients. For the heavies you just took down the shields and dashed them. And it could get you out of almost any sticky situation. But Excalibur's other skills were terrible anyway. Radial Blind was useful on earlier bosses, for the later ones Slash Dash was better. Super Jump was pretty much useless. Other than for wasting energy. Unless you were big on jump smashes. If Radial Javelin takes 100 energy, then it's really not that good compared to Slash Dash.

hes not awesome, hes just playing a super easy suit

derp

I'm willing to bet you play a lot of some lowballer damage Frame like Mag.

If you aren't actually aware, just about anyone can one shot trash mobs. I mean it too. Literally. It is easy. In fact, a hell of a lot of normal weapons actually do it. Gonna start wondering if maybe the Gorgon is way OP because I can clear a room from the door with it?

I know after you spend a while playing a suit that doesn't generate enormous numbers it starts to seem odd, but Slash Dash was not out of line with other skills in the game.

Excalibur has TWO attack skills and one costs 100 energy. Slash Dash being good was not a significant problem. I see the nerf as a kneejerk reaction.

Edited by Blatantfool

I'm willing to bet you play a lot of some lowballer damage Frame like Mag.

If you aren't actually aware, just about anyone can one shot trash mobs. I mean it too. Literally. It is easy. In fact, a hell of a lot of normal weapons actually do it. Gonna start wondering if maybe the Gorgon is way OP because I can clear a room from the door with it?

I know after you spend a while playing a suit that doesn't generate enormous numbers it starts to seem odd, but Slash Dash was not out of line with other skills in the game.

Excalibur has TWO attack skills and one costs 100 energy. Slash Dash being good was not a significant problem. I see the nerf as a kneejerk reaction.

im not talking about weapons one shotting mobs. im talking about excaliburs old dash being able to one shot half the room for only 25 energy.

again, it was nerfed for a reason.