Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambulas appearances post Operation

(XBOX)Cotton Tail

Question

It may be that I've just had a real falling out with the RNG powers that be, but since the end of Operation: Ambulas Reborn every single drop ship I've encountered has failed to spawn an Ambulas, merely a number of normal troops for the mission. 

Am I just massively unlucky or are other people struggling to get beacons nowadays?

TIA

8 answers to this question

I just got 4 non-ambulas drop ships in a row. That combined with the low drop rate from the boss and the drawn out boss battle is making it very unlikely I'll stick it out. An hour for around 20 beacons.

Edit: Couple of things to note that I've just learned: you don't lose beacons if you don't successfully complete the assassination, and completing the assassination requires hacking at least 5 ambulas, which gives more beacons (even though you don't see them as loot at the time). 

It's also important to start the mission and wait until 2 or 3 more people drop in. If things aren't bad enough having to fight 2 of the ambulas at once, the ships cannons and laser will vaporize you at the worst times.

Edited by (XB1)Gigab0mb