Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan Treasure Hunt: The Final Act

Zelatoli

There's nothing more reaffirming in ones decision making process then a nice hard offensive and aggressive wall to help you decide.

Take for example this piece of s**t weekly quest that has no real way of being practiced due to the random nature of what lies beyond the loading screen after each failed attempt. No in game indicators as to where you should step or what a switch is or even where it is for that matter.

Like I said ... reaffirming. If I play Warframe for a lengthy period of time and start to get an inkling to pull my credit card out and buy some platinum, nothing helps me refrain more aggressively than this mission. It's been in the game for so long with so much 'feedback' about how much we all hate it and it hasn't been changed or fixed at all, which only leads us to believe they want it this way and that's the way its staying.

Like my credit card, which is 'staying in my wallet.

Oh and did I mention that it also amounts to the game getting closed and no play for some time?

Warframe is like a racing car experience, adrenalin, speed, gratification and then you hit this quest. The car has crashed your moms dead on the sidewalk after being catapulted through the windshield next to you and you have this black hole in your gut that makes you question, what have I been doing? it's all the same missions over and over again with a RNG loot table over and over on a relic, again and again ... and then I remember the other MMO's out there that actually don't cause you to want to kill people and I go and play those.

Have a nice day!

You know you can repeat the ayatan quest until you succeed right?.. and that there are MANY things in the game far harder than it?

Afaik it only has 3-4 variations of the speed trial anyway.

Edited by Elvangreen

Yes that would be conclusive with the part of my post where I said ... " weekly quest that has no real way of being practiced due to the random nature of what lies beyond the loading screen after each failed attempt " it implies that multiple attempts occur and I also mentioned that the mission changes at random everytime you start it yes?

There are enough posts about this problem quest going back in time on these forums to relieve you of any further attempts to try and make it look like a gold nugget, it's a turd, thats all ...

Stop defending piss-poor design(or intentional aggrevation)

Edited by Zelatoli

13 minutes ago, Zelatoli said:

Yes that would be conclusive with the part of my post where I said ... " weekly quest that has no real way of being practiced due to the random nature of what lies beyond the loading screen after each failed attempt " it implies that multiple attempts occur and I also mentioned that the mission changes at random everytime you start it yes?

There are enough posts about this problem quest going back in time on these forums to relieve you of any further attempts to try and make it look like a gold nugget, it's a turd, thats all ...

There are 2 tilesets and about 4 different variations of the trial, and you get infinite tries against low level enemies. If you are having trouble i would suggest you ignore the mission and focus on lvling your gear and unlocking planets.

The mission is meant to be an easy and guaranteed way for lower level players to get at least one ayatan a week.

Edited by Elvangreen

What missions? what are they called?

I've only unlocked 2 of the 4 arms of void.

No one mentioned this on any of the other posts about this that I read, only replies agreeing with the OP about it being a problem.

This information as well as other key bits of information I have had to suck out of a rock would be nice to have been supplied by the company.

Edited by Zelatoli

10 minutes ago, Zelatoli said:

What missions? what are they called?

I've only unlocked 2 of the 4 arms of void.

No one mentioned this on any of the other posts about this that I read, only replies agreeing with the OP about it being a problem.

This information as well as other key bits of information I have had to suck out of a rock would be nice to have been supplied by the company.

Any. its the tileset not the missions.

also, what exactly is the problem? enemies? finding the trials? doing the trials themselves?

if you provide more info i can help, but there should be loads of youtube guides and such already.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Finding the trials to practice them is a reward for exploring the maps. Kind of exactly what Ayatans, in general, are meant to be.

If you don't have anything positive to add, don't bother replying. Your attitude to people who have valid problems and are trying to express them, doesn't make you a community contributor, just a subversive troll.

1 hour ago, Zelatoli said:

There's nothing more reaffirming in ones decision making process then a nice hard offensive and aggressive wall to help you decide.

Take for example this piece of s**t weekly quest that has no real way of being practiced due to the random nature of what lies beyond the loading screen after each failed attempt. No in game indicators as to where you should step or what a switch is or even where it is for that matter.

Like I said ... reaffirming. If I play Warframe for a lengthy period of time and start to get an inkling to pull my credit card out and buy some platinum, nothing helps me refrain more aggressively than this mission. It's been in the game for so long with so much 'feedback' about how much we all hate it and it hasn't been changed or fixed at all, which only leads us to believe they want it this way and that's the way its staying.

Like my credit card, which is 'staying in my wallet.

Oh and did I mention that it also amounts to the game getting closed and no play for some time?

Warframe is like a racing car experience, adrenalin, speed, gratification and then you hit this quest. The car has crashed your moms dead on the sidewalk after being catapulted through the windshield next to you and you have this black hole in your gut that makes you question, what have I been doing? it's all the same missions over and over again with a RNG loot table over and over on a relic, again and again ... and then I remember the other MMO's out there that actually don't cause you to want to kill people and I go and play those.

Have a nice day!

If it's really that hard, go zephyr. also, if you practice enough, you'll get it. theres only 2 places, the void, the derelict, with 3 tile sets each i think

Just now, Zelatoli said:

I don't understand what you mean here

A tileset is a collection of rooms joined together by the map generator, and varied by location.

E.G. Ice planet tileset, earth forest tileset, void tileset etc.

the speed trials are merely rooms that can be present in any void map, as they are part of the tileset.

ok, so getting to the start of the trial is fine, but when the doors open and the timer starts, you don't know where anything is, or where you are supposed to be going, you have like 25 seconds? and then when you fail, you sit at Maroo's thru that rediculous animation sequence and running though back to her and click, click, escape accept wait and then it goes all over again and then you get to the trial its all changed to a completely different trial and the problem starts all over again... come on there are numerous posts about this issue on the site. Why am I having to micro explain this. You know what the problem is ...

Just now, Zelatoli said:

ok, so getting to the start of the trial is fine, but when the doors open and the timer starts, you don't know where anything is, or where you are supposed to be going, you have like 25 seconds? and then when you fail, you sit at Maroo's thru that rediculous animation sequence and running though back to her and click, click, escape accept wait and then it goes all over again and then you get to the trial its all changed to a completely different trial and the problem starts all over again... come on there are numerous posts about this issue on the site. Why am I having to micro explain this. You know what the problem is ...

ignore the timer and just get used to the trial, run it a few times, then go back and repeat, learning all the trials until it lands on one you know, then complete it.

then never have a problem with the test again.

tbh there is a fair bit of dialog and clicking, but overall you wont need to repeat once you learn the tests.

also: just google "maroo ayatan trials" and you will have plenty of material on hand to help.

1 hour ago, Zelatoli said:

Do you have the faintest idea of what "optional missions" are? Are you being forced to do them? No. Did it make any real difference to you when they did not exist? No.

So basically, you care complaining that something that exists now, and has no effect if you choose not to do them, but gives you a free extra if could just be bothered to look up all the different vaults on Youtube - because they have all been done to death and are fixed in design - bother you so much that you have to create a rant thread on the forums.

I'd love to know why you are getting aggravated from something you can avoid doing completely. I guess it's more fun for you to rant about nothing.

On 6/5/2017 at 4:27 AM, Elvangreen said:

There are 2 tilesets and about 4 different variations of the trial, and you get infinite tries against low level enemies. If you are having trouble i would suggest you ignore the mission and focus on lvling your gear and unlocking planets.

The mission is meant to be an easy and guaranteed way for lower level players to get at least one ayatan a week.

lol.

Low level players can't practice, because they don't have access to the void and the derelict. When they fail, they can't even explore the parkour to see what they should have done and where they failed: they can see the parkour during 20 sec and all they get is a failure screen. There's no way they can success at first try because they are still trying to understand how the aim glide works, they need some training to success the mission, and they can't train.

If the design goal is "to be an easy and guaranteed way for lower level players to get at least one ayatan a week", as you said, this mission is one of the biggest failure in the history of failed design goal.

Actually I don't know what is the design goal. Low level players can't succeed the mission, mid level players find more ayatan stuff during syndicate alerts using their loot detector, high level player are flooded with useless ayatan and endo from sortie. I guess the design goal was "let's randomly develop stuffs no one will ever use". i guess the next step will be "let's add a Skinner box or include it into an event so player will have to do it".

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa