Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does condition overload work with Gas proc ?

Gogitossj34

Question

12 answers to this question

The Gas element doesn't truly have its own proc, as far as I can tell. It just procs Toxin in an AoE as opposed to proccing on a single target.

So I'm not sure if there's even a problem, but because this is the first time I've heard of such a thing, I'm leaning towards no.

4 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

The Gas element doesn't truly have its own proc, as far as I can tell. It just procs Toxin in an AoE as opposed to proccing on a single target.

So I'm not sure if there's even a problem, but because this is the first time I've heard of such a thing, I'm leaning towards no.

This is how I believe it works. A "gas proc" spawns a small cloud that does 1 tick of damage to anything nearby, and this tick forces a toxic proc. As far as Condition Overload goes, a "gas proc" should be indistinguishable from a toxic proc.

This can be easily tested, though. Whack an enemy under the effects of a Gas proc, and then whack an enemy under the effects of a Gas proc + Toxic Flight proc. If I'm correct, the numbers should be exactly the same in each case.

EDIT: Just tested it out. The Toxin DoT that occurs from a Gas proc seems to indeed be a true Toxin proc-- landing a Gas proc and a Toxin proc from different sources (e.g. Gas weapon + Toxic Flight) will only count as one element for Condition Overload.

Edited by SortaRandom

29 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

This is how I believe it works. A "gas proc" spawns a small cloud that does 1 tick of damage to anything nearby, and this tick forces a toxic proc. As far as Condition Overload goes, a "gas proc" should be indistinguishable from a toxic proc.

This can be easily tested, though. Whack an enemy under the effects of a Gas proc, and then whack an enemy under the effects of a Gas proc + Toxic Flight proc. If I'm correct, the numbers should be exactly the same in each case.

it's not 1 damage, it's 125% of the weapon's total toxin damage after 9 ticks in 8 seconds.  check the wiki -> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Gas_Damage

since the proc is toxin, it should work.  

2 hours ago, -NvO-Venom said:

it's not 1 damage, it's 125% of the weapon's total toxin damage after 9 ticks in 8 seconds.  check the wiki -> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Gas_Damage

Not 1 damage. 1 tick of damage.

The cloud that spawns upon landing a gas proc only deals 1 initial tick of damage, as described on the wiki. This tick of damage is then used to calculate the 9-tick Toxin DoT that follows.

Edited by SortaRandom

4 hours ago, OnceAgainHUN said:

Since CO work when any status type affecting the target, it works. But not sure CO works whit Exalted Blade.

Condition Overload, as well as all melee mods that were released with it, works on all Exalted Melee abilities.

4 hours ago, Gorila_Azul said:

Condition Overload, as well as all melee mods that were released with it, works on all Exalted Melee abilities.

Not all melee mods works whit Exalted Melee abilities. Like Body Count, Covert Lethality and Syndicate mods (played whit Covert Lethality/Bright Purity combo). And the future of Co+Chromatic Blades combo.. Well..

25 minutes ago, OnceAgainHUN said:

Not all melee mods works whit Exalted Melee abilities. Like Body Count, Covert Lethality and Syndicate mods (played whit Covert Lethality/Bright Purity combo). And the future of Co+Chromatic Blades combo.. Well..

He meant released at the same time as condition overload.

Poison cloud dealing Toxin Dmg from Gas 1x CO + Electric 1x CO + Exalted Blade ( Dmg distributed between Impact, Puncture and Slash) 3x CO

Toxin Proc from Gas: Each Tic deals 125% of weapon's total Toxin Dmg in 9 Tics over 8 sec, because it's DoT Dmg, Duration mods increases number of Tics not the Duration time