Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Static Discharge from Transistor Shield

FitzSimmons

Question

is it just me or +1000 electric damage barely boost damage on weapon? i tested it with ferrox on lv 145 bombard, electric shield without +1000 static discharge deals 376 damage (radiation), with +1000 static discharge it only increased to 465 damage (radiation) from 376. thats sad

8 answers to this question

.... No the passive is fine. It's actually insane with the new mod.

Take a look at the numbers in this video. The number values for the passive are put in BEFORE critical multipliers are added.

Edited by LunarMakeshift

That video is incredibly misleading. For starters, the increased amounts shown aren't really that high against high level enemies, not at all. You act like occasionally procing his passive and doing a couple tens of thousands of damage, with a crit weapon no less, someone makes it powerful or not a bad passive that needs a buff. 

Also against an ancient healer. LOL. Try it against a Bombard/Heavy Gunner, try it against something with armor, it will add tickle amounts of damage, and be a laughable joke that is no real addition to your damage, crit weapon or no. 

We all know it isn't a flat 1000 damage, we know how damage calculation works, but especially against armored enemies, it is laughable at high level as any kind of real advantage. I watched the video and I still believe it needs a buff. 

Also, amazing how condescending that video was, I could barely listen to it. Then going on a tangent about how "only the video creator knows Volt properly", etc. Just weird... and really misleading information. And acts like the people watching don't know that it isn't a flat 1000. Yes, again, we know how the damage calculation works, it is still a very weak, occasional addition to damage, that is barely going to add a scratch to armored targets. 

Edited by Tesseract7777