Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo needs a change ASAP

Josel2696

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Your solution isn't practical and would basically destroy the frame. I agree with you that Limbo players should adapt their setups to the situation in that you shouldn't always run the max range/duration setup. But you act as if it's impossible to adapt to Limbo...which isn't the case. 

If you get banished, you can exit quickly on your own. No one is forcing you to remain banished. Your "it slows down killing" argument is nonsense because plenty of other frames do that and hurt efficiency. It's not all about efficiency, but also fun. A Slova can slow it down too. A max range low duration Nidus can be super trolly too. Plenty of other frames hurt efficiency. 

If your bullets don't kill stuff instantly due to stasis, that also means they won't damage you. 

So yeah, Limbos should adapt to the situation, but so should you.

Not at all, Limbo STOPS (literally) his team's DPS. A slow nova does not impede progress as a weapon with punch through can still kill all the enemies regardless of where they are (yes even through several walls with enough range). Your point is moot, no other warframe requires your teammates to dash, roll or switch to melee in order to continue progression within the defense mission. As many others before me have stated, their teammate's warframes should not decide how they have to play the game in a public match. Your "adjust to Limbo argument" is nonsense as a lazy warframe spamming his 4th ability shouldn't decide how I get to play the game. 

I am not too concerned about receiving damage from the enemy in a large majority of scenarios as I have modded my warframe as such. A frost can achieve the same results and stop teammate's from receiving damage through the use of his globe without stopping teammate's DPS. Limbo's 4th ability with max range/duration is completely unnecessary in a majority of public games. This proves to ruin the game for many people, and you have yet to prove otherwise.

As for my solution "destroying the frame" it would be better to rework a frame into something more viable than have ONE warframe which ruins the game for MANY people.

Edited by Batches

1 hour ago, Batches said:

Limbo's 4th ability with max range/duration is completely unnecessary in a majority of public games. This proves to ruin the game for many people, and you have yet to prove otherwise.

Atleast the 4th skill is usable without disrupting players an inpenetrable (by guns) wall with energy regen.

The other skills are intrusive and annoying.

His second ability has a limit of 300 bullets. When the limit is exceeded, the effect disappears. Limbo is just love and can hardly be used for trolling. I love the changes that DE made, made it much more versatile and much more useful in more styles of missions.

Edited by D20
Removed "flamebaity" part.

4 hours ago, Masquion said:

His second ability has a limit of 300 bullets. When the limit is exceeded, the effect disappears. Stop crying, Limbo is just love and can hardly be used for trolling. I love the changes that DE made, made it much more versatile and much more useful in more styles of missions.

Or when you fire 10 pox projectiles or 8 shots with the staticor.

Also its tiring to wait for limbo to kill that last 10 rift surged ancient with carefully placed headshots when you stand outside with a weapon capatable to kill all of them in a sec.

This is the reason why people go around with anti-limbo gear and frames, they had enough of his clunkyness and his disruption of the games flow.

Current best anti-limbo gears:

Mag 

Kohmak

Kohm

Pox

Staticor

10 hours ago, Masquion said:

His second ability has a limit of 300 bullets

Which is a high cap given many guns, like the Tigris as an example, take forever to cap it out.

When the limit is exceeded, the effect disappears

Wow.  As if anyone involved in this discussion didn't know that.  You also neglect to mention that it can be immediately recast after dropping, meaning it can remain up as long as the Limbo cares to keep it up.

Limbo is just love and can hardly be used for trolling

You, quite literally, just ignored every post in this thread pointing out his capability for trolling to try and make this incredibly wrong comment.  It's great that you like the frame and all but you need to at least argue from a realistic basis that involves you admitting the frame is the easiest frame in the game to use for trolling.  It's why he is constantly complained about on the forums.

In all, yet again, another inadequate defense of the troll frame that is Limbo.

12 hours ago, Masquion said:

His second ability has a limit of 300 bullets. When the limit is exceeded, the effect disappears. Stop crying, Limbo is just love and can hardly be used for trolling. I love the changes that DE made, made it much more versatile and much more useful in more styles of missions.

Mag's (2)  lasts 20sec, when it explodes the effect is gone. The effect of Limbos stasis can not work while (2)'s duration is running. Any recasting of Limbos stasis gets direct deleted and cost limbo still energy. It is not that hard impacting for Limbo. He just has to wait the 20sec. Is this to much to ask for? This ignorance.

Kappa

I did (instinctive) forget to say that Mag can place 4 x (2) at any given time. If she places a 5th the first placed (2) detonate auto...Limbo can not outrun Mag's energy regain to energy use by her skills. Does Limbo cast it just 1sec before (2)'s ending..he will lose the used  energy for it.

But heeey....heeeey....Limbooo stop crying! MAG is just real love and can not be used to limit THE troll in team. Mag is soo much useful and allows the team to stay FREE for the hole time of mission. A very 'flexible' to play frame.

No sarcasmus i swear to kappa.

• 3 months later...

Problem with balancing Limbo is that his concept is moving himself, enemies and other players into another dimension which doesn't interact with the one your team is playing in.

With regards to stasis, I find it to be a great idea but implemented poorly. Using it to timestop mobs is brilliant, and generally fair - as you are required to banish them to the rift in order for the skill to render them motionless. Having your projectiles halted too? Unnecessary. Not only that but as many of you argue that it's generally annoying to the squad and can prevent foes from being damaged. Some of you seem to forget that we're not all tryhards that require a calculated setup of a team, as well as perfect communication in order to have fun on this game. Imagine stasis without projectiles being halted. You're able to deal damage while your opponents are stationary - the requirement of having to banish them to the rift seems fair. By halting projectiles you are simply delaying the damage needlessly, and on top of that from personal experience of playing Limbo I tend to find that not all of the projectiles I fire are recorded during stasis. I think I've said enough about the impotence of stopped projectiles. (However I don't disagree that it looks bloody awesome and is quite satisfying upon the skill duration finishing) 

Secondly I find it ridiculous how some of you are even attempting to debate that there is any sort of benefit to the team by activating stasis. There are only two ways to get anything out of stasis:

A) Activate cataclysm and stasis. This will create a sphere that continually diminishes before reaching a certain radius before exploding. The activation of stasis causes no movement of mobs in this sphere, and the absence of any damage until stasis is removed. If you choose to use stasis like this and then proceed to move from enemy to enemy providing a lethal barrage of bullets to deal the killing blow upon the skill ending, then there are certain implications. Yes you can melee them, that is valid. However remember cataclysm gets smaller, so if you leave suspended bullets to kill an enemy and then they become free of cataclysm's area, then they begin to move. Albeit towards the sphere however it displaces them from where you aimed your shots. All in all, the whole thing would be much more efficient and /useful to the team/ if there were no delay of your shots hitting your target. As well as this, a tactic like this costs 150 energy at base. 

B) Activate banish, (Rift surge + more banishing to lure more mobs into the rift) and then stasis. This benefits only Limbo, as he is able to rift walk to be able to act upon stasis. You can also banish your teammates to help, which requires more energy and increased precision when targeting. You can also argue that they can find the rift walk portal to enter to attack the immobile opponents, which DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF BEING ABLE TO BANISH ALLIES. Effectively anyhow. All in all, it costs a lot of energy to get a big group of enemies banished without cataclysm, and to make efficient use of stasis. It is completely overshadowed by the fact you can cast cataclysm so that your team can make a contribution to the effect of stasis.

Let's now talk about rift surge. Pointless. I know how it's used and it seems nifty. But picture this; why banish opponents to cast rift surge, to which you have to then rift walk and banish them again, which in turn banishes more foes. It makes the rift more dangerous for Limbo, and he's not particularly durable. Rift surge is over-complicated, and my argument stems from my point of view where I do not see a single utility of rift surge that banish doesn't have. I believe primary tactic of it currently is to cast it during cataclysm so any that leave it banish nearby enemies. In that sense it's decently useful, however alternatively you could just banish the enemies on the edge of the cataclysm sphere. You have 2 banishes for every rift surge. Pretty sure you could maximise on banished opponents with the skill; banish.

Okay now here's MY problem with Limbo, that I couldn't quit questioning; "What the heck is that" towards. Rolling, makes you invincible. Again this is all effectively speaking, however there's no excuse to being able to complete a spy mission flawlessly with no effort whatsoever. Enter spy mission, roll to enter the rift (Which by the way looks a bit ridiculous as an alternative to rolling - yet humorous) then walk past every mob, them unable to touch you, while you skip your way towards each location. From the look of it many of you haven't tested the full capabilities of Limbo - only what he looks like in the metagame. HE CAN WALK THROUGH FEGGIN' LASERS LADS. Y'know those fun puzzle rooms where you'd have to parkour, stealth and hack your way into the centre room to obtain an asset from a spy mission? He can literally just walk through all the lasers. All you have to avoid is detection by mobs while in the objective rooms. I find rift walking to be a little bit on the silly side.

Conclusion: Limbo is a fun frame. Very fun. A great deal to play with and learn to experiment with. However only half of it is useful in any scenario of the game. To optimise on the whole; trap your enemies within the rift, get your team in there somehow and stasis them to death or whatever method you plan on doing - costs a heck of a lot of energy. It's inefficient. Just spam 1 and 4. They're the useful abilities currently that don't involve needlessly wasting everyone's time. By banishing enemies in itself, you are encouraging engagement control. You personally can deal with them when you are ready as Limbo. Using stasis can be situationally useful at the very least of times, but will usually get your team screaming at you because of how long it's taking for anything to happen. Rift surge is... Don't even need to bring that up. Realistically I can't even use banish without my team getting upset, as it's very hard to bring them into the rift to help deal with the banished foes. Cataclysm is really the only useful skill that Limbo has, but God is it a good one. Outshines snow globe 9 times out of 10. 

My Solution:

- Get rid of rift surge completely.

- Remove the projectile timestop from stasis.

- Move rift walking back to a skill, so his skillset looks a bit more like;

[1]: Banish (Cost: 25 energy)

[2]: Rift walk (Cost: 25 energy) Effects would be similar to how it was before the update, but with a portal leading to the rift (Like how there is now) and limited time spent in the rift, able to increase with duration mods. Also the energy regeneration effect could be debated with this one.  

[3]: Stasis (Cost: 50 energy)

[4]: Cataclysm (Cost: 100 energy)

- No more banishing squadmates. Too troll. :^) Besides a portal would be better.

- Change his passive instead to what is currently the augment to rift surge, but to a different degree; I thought of something more like (For every enemy in the rift, Limbo's damage increases by 1-3%) Of course this would mean a new augment would be required for his new skillset.

So basically the idea is to morph Limbo into a hybrid of what his new update entails and what he was before he was updated. Please, feel free to post your suggestions and I'd appreciate more notice on this. Limbo is a frame I enjoy and would love to see tweaked. Thanks.

Edited by NergaI

7 hours ago, NergaI said:

stuff

So basically, you want to make him a lot weaker and energy hungry...no thx. Rolling if you accidentally get banished isn't that hard. 

The one suggestion I'd be fine with is team bullets being able to hit stuff under stasis. But I totally disagree with turning his rift walk into a skill again, it would make it almost impossible to play him fluidly. 

Stasis' bullet suspension has been a terrible design choice the moment it was revealed because it matters jacks*** if you shoot a trapped defenseless enemy in the face or walk over there and rip him apart in melee.Stasis' bullet suspension might have looked nice on paper,but in execution,it's horrible and hardly anyone is going to use it for nuking a whole field with something like lenz.Also, the suspension only affects player bullets as several excavation missions proved.Eviscerators and the battery carrying mutalist ospreys can get their shots out by inching in and out of a shrinking cataclysm and hit you,so the same is gonna apply to any other ai unit.
In short,bullet suspenion is a poor means of balancing that does nothing in the end

6 hours ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

So basically, you want to make him a lot weaker and energy hungry...no thx. Rolling if you accidentally get banished isn't that hard.

He's already very energy hungry as rift surge requires you to micromanage banished enemies, which also costs energy. However that is of little importance as Limbo can use cataclysm to regenerate energy. And he'd be no weaker - Limbo's skills hardly do damage. He's there to prevent enemies from attacking certain locations; cryopods, excavators, allies and the such. His only strength comes from the augment to rift surge which without it, makes the skill kinda pointless. 

I know my solution ain't perfect, I find the whole requirement of being in the rift to do anything with stasis a bit of a hassle. It's something that's difficult to resolve as the most useful, quick and easiest way to act upon stasis is to use it in cataclysm. Then your whole team can attack opponents without you having to systematically banish them, which takes quite a bit of energy and time.

Thanks a lot for your input though it's interesting to know what people think.

I think that a lot of limbo's problems could be avoided if only there were better indicators for various things. Communication makes playing with limbo much easier, but we don't have that in pubs, so the abilities themselves need to communicate to players what exactly is going on. Like when enemies in stasis are dead. I know, i know, they die when you melee them, but what about bullets? Wouldn't it be nice if the system recognized the amount of damage in your shots and if the damage was fatal it would highlight the enemy with red color or something, so you know that when stasis drops your bullets would kill this particular enemy and you can move on to the next one?

The rift itself used to be a brighter white color and the enemies that were banished used to have a bright white flame around them. Now it got toned down because some people couldn't look at it without having their eyes melt, but at least it was clear that you (or enemies) were in another dimenshion. I'm not saying we should bring this back, but it would be nice to have something more meaningful that what we have now, which is a bit less color around you and some weird sounds that most people won't even hear because they are listening to music or something. It's no wonder that people get confused and can't tell which plane they're on.