Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Frame - Valkyr

JohnnyTheEpicChhun

Question

3 answers to this question

I focus on warcry  and use crit build fragor prime.  Sorry no pic. 

Vitality, steel fiber, eternal war, prime continuity, rage, transient fortitude, intensify, power drift, and whatever else u want.  

When u need health, pop hysteria, steal life, go back to just warcry. or if you want an easier way to maintain your combo counter, use lifestrike on your melee instead.  

This isn't optimal for everyone, but it's good for soloing higher level missions without naramon.  

I've been playing a melee only Valkyr for a long time now and have two builds for her. The first one is a Warcry build and is the tankier of the two. Not much to say here - just cast Warcry and keep killing enemies.

21096A1025C36BF27C482996678EFBA0654224B7

The second is a Paralysis build, which I have come to enjoy more. It has a decent CC capability and make Valkyr pretty useful for any kind of mission, including defence. Sadly, the CC does not affect any flying enemies, so it's less useful for Corpus missions with a ton of flying stuff. It's not a problem, of course, if you aren't playing melee only as I do. It also doesn't affect enemies while they are performing an animation, like when the Drahk Master is throwing his mace at you, for example, so you sometimes have to cast it twice once the animation has finished, but given the low cost of the ability it's a non-issue, especially if you have Zenurik, in which case you can literally spam it non-stop.

2D7E5CBCBA45B51938CFDFA70A5D7D8F1B0942CB

I don't have a Hysteria build, since I find it pretty boring and cheap tbh. It also has inferior damage to a melee oriented build (well, depending on the weapon of course). But to make one you would need max efficiency, some duration and moderate power strength.

If you are running with Zenurik and choose not to install Quick Thinking (thus drastically lowering your survivability) then you can drop the Rage mod for something else.

I also find that building Valkyr without Vitality and Steel Fiber is highly unwise, since they clearly capitalize on her main strengths. And it will absolutely get you very easily killed as the levels go up. Even on a Hysteria build you can't stay in it forever anymore, so you will need to pop out of it every so often to accumulate energy, not to speak that what better way is there to get energy back if not through Rage! 

Edited by frohdoe