Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Slow Nova Build?

GodzAlba

Question

Eyyy ma boisss, I recently got nova and wanted to make a slow build but I am not really sure how to build her. I read different guides but they all differ from one another and I was not really sure so i came up with this build. 

So here is my build, what do u think about it? What can I improve? What should I change? Or just tell me/screenshot your slow nova builds. 

Thanks in advance and have a good day :)  

P.S. I hope this question is not asked often cuz some people get frustrated from seeing the same question over and over again.

Edited by GodzAlba

13 answers to this question

For a slow Nova build you are interested to get a power strength level 145%, as its there you will hit the slow cap of 75%. At 100%, molecular prime slows the enemy by 30%.

This is my build, but keep in mind that i like to make every ability useful. One could swap range for more power strength if they so chose.

Spoiler

YHPxhNb.jpg

Sorry but that build is *bad* you need 145 power to get a good slova remove constitution and and put intensify (the one you have is broken mod)that with power drift will make it 145 +you need  more formas in that. no need for stretch since Her 4 range is effected by duration and add primed continuity 

Edited by ShadowStalker

1) Swap broken Intensify for the standard version whenever you get it. As a couple people have said, 145% Power Strength is the magic number for slow Nova.

2) Get Continuity (or the Primed version) for your other V polarity slot. The more Power Duration, the further your Molecular Prime spreads.

3) Fleeting Expertise, although it reduces Duration, is recommended if you happen to get one. If you get your energy drained for whatever reason, only one energy orb pickup will be necessary to cast MP again.

4) Flow and Stretch aren't really necessary if you want to focus on slow. I'd go with something to help you stay alive. Natural Talent, Redirection/Vitality, and Enemy Sense are all good choices in this regard.

As stated above, Slow Nova, the magic number is 145% power strength.  You can get this a couple of ways.  Either a range 8 Transient Fortitude or Intensify with Power Drift.  You can also get it using blind rage but that puts down your duration.  Once you get 145% power strength then the rest is just duration. 

Narrow Minded, Constitution, Continuity.  Its up to you how much you want, as the more duration means the longer your wave to spread out and the farther away enemies that will be hit by it.  I, myself have 2 builds, one with max duration for stuff like raids or very long runs, and one with decent duration for just regular mission runs.  This is because too much duration can drag out a mission as you will be waiting for enemies to come to you.  So it comes down to what you want.

The rest of the mods after that is completely up to you.

Eyyy ma boiss. I´m back, better than ever.

Thanks for the help. 

I followed your suggestions for the slow build and this is my result, there is not much to say about it right? other than good. 

Oh..and I tried to make a speed Nova build too and this is it. It´s not bad? I used Escape Velocity and Strech as it can be sometimes dangerous, this mod can save not only me but the others too.

13 minutes ago, GodzAlba said:

I followed your suggestions for the slow build and this is my result, there is not much to say about it right? other than good.

Your Fleeting Expertise is ranked up too high, you don't get a benefit beyond 175% Efficiency as 75% cost reduction is the max,
so all you're doing is (wasting Capacity and) lowering your Duration at no benefit.
I'd suggest using a Fleeting Expertise at R3, for 170% Efficiency and +20% Duration.

Non-Primed Vigor is kind of a terrible Mod, a proper R10 Vitality and / or Redirection will keep you alive way better.
Alternatively, a [Primed if possible] Flow + Quick Thinking combo isn't too shabby on Nova.

(Also, do max out that Narrow Minded and get Primed Continuity when you can.)

21 minutes ago, GodzAlba said:

Oh..and I tried to make a speed Nova build too and this is it. It´s not bad?
I used Escape Velocity and Strech as it can be sometimes dangerous, this mod can save not only me but the others too.

Dunno how useful that Escape Velocity is gonna be, TBH.
In terms of "for emergency" Augments, I'd rather take along Neutron Star, yay mass knockdown :D

FWIW, on my Spova I'm using (not least to fill that second V Polarity lol) Rage + Primed Flow + Quick Thinking.

15 minutes ago, Extirpator said:

Speed

CZlrhNG.jpg

While I can't say I'm a fan of tanking your Efficiency with Blind Rage as seen on your Slow build,
my mind's somewhat boggled by you using Power Drift on a Slow Speed build. Like, wha?

Edited by NinjaZeku

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

While I can't say I'm a fan of tanking your Efficiency with Blind Rage as seen on your Slow build,
my mind's somewhat boggled by you using Power Drift on a Slow build. Like, wha?

Dont quite understand which build you are referring.

In any case am fine with zenurik on 4k Hieracon.

Ok, I play a slowva a lot and to put my own two cents in I'll need you to answer a couple of things. How exactly do you plan on playing this build? Do you care about the aoe blast off the explosions? Are you looking to make a cloud build for the sake of just the cc capacity?

Personally, I play just a strait cc build and let my weapons do all the work on the killing part. As such, I don't really use any actual range mods in my build. It's all about the power, duration, and a slight tilt in eff to offset the negative the power jump gives. I more or less use this build with some swapped stuff.

1 hour ago, Extirpator said:

kyQWcsw.jpg

I've swapped out the Overextended for Intensify, the Vitality with Vigor/Primed Vigor, and the Power Drift with Cunning Drift. It'll give a slight range increase to the explosions so that packs of things are a little more likely to set each other off, but you won't be reliant on that as a serious source of damage. If they do set off, it'll be like nukeing the groups anyway. You'll more or less get most of your control and damage off the fact that the targets will be at a near standstill and you can easily just mow them down. If you still want some more range out of this and you're feeling a bit more ballsy about it, you can swap out the Vitality/Vigor/Primed Vigor mod for stretch or you can swap out the Streamline for the stretch and just eat the eff negative as it will only be slight.

1 hour ago, Extirpator said:

Dont quite understand which build you are referring.

In any case am fine with zenurik on 4k Hieracon.

Same here. Slow builds are all about the power and dur to begin with. Range and eff, not so much. A good punch through weapon can even negate the lack of range in the build if you know how to play them in combo right. Zenistar also helps a lot with a corrosive and blast status build too. Even with out Zen, just bring a full set of energy restores and you're set up for quite a while. Bonus points if you bring a syndicate weapon to proc off of too.