Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pay Traces to Open Rift of Your Choice

Chipputer

Every time I go to search for a fissure I just want to kick back and run, I specifically can't find the ones I want. Imagine if you could pay something restrictive, like 300 traces, to open any node up as a rift specifically for you and your party for a single run.

It would, obviously, make it more tuned to and endless node over a Capture node, or something, but it would also give a player at end game a way to customize their experience and have a bit more fun with what they're doing.

All of the normal rules would apply to this temporary rift. You would, obviously, need to participate in a very long endless run in order to make back your 300 traces within the same mission that you opened.

I would agree with @AlabamaHit, just have available mission types available for players that want them. I do think however that your idea has merit @Chipputer, but think that with the grind as it is we need a few reductions instead of giving it more which paying some of the annoying to farm traces represents.

37 minutes ago, AlabamaHit said:

I never understood 'cycling' them anyway. Why not just have One of Each game mode for each level of relic up all the time. Timing these seems pointless.

That's my main issue but if they're intent on leaving it like it is, giving us an option, restrictive or not, would be a good solution.

On 6/16/2017 at 6:50 PM, AlabamaHit said:

I never understood 'cycling' them anyway. Why not just have One of Each game mode for each level of relic up all the time. Timing these seems pointless.

I commented on this on a seperate thread, so I will just copy-paste my response from there:

"I don't think you necessarily have to have 1 of every mission type on every relic era. Having every mission type available across ALL relic eras would be more reasonable. That would mean that there's a survival/excavation (or whatever you want to play) at all times, but you don't have control over which era it's on, and the same is true for the other game types.

So there would be a good variety of missions available without clogging up the star chart with fissure missions everywhere. Having too many missions could dilute the pool of people playing fissure missions, and it could make it hard to find a game, especially on less-played mission types"

In essence though, yes, I do believe there should be some more player choice involved with what missions we do for fissure missions, and either @Chipputer's or @AlabamaHit's suggestions would be pretty good towards that end. Personally, I feel like DE made the fissure system in its current form to "entice" (force) people to play different, less common missions like sabotage/mobile defense/etc, but well, I don't really see anything wrong with giving the player more choice, and forcing us to play those missions is not the right way to go about it. If they want us to play those more, make them more fun...

1 hour ago, Somb3rBivalve said:

I feel like DE made the fissure system in its current form to "entice" (force) people to play different, less common missions like sabotage/mobile defense/etc

I don't think they did it so much to force it as much as it was a direct response to people being burnt out on them shoving all of the new rare items into t3survival keys. It was a short sighted answer that solved an immediate problem but created another one.

As it is, right now, most people just wait for a capture node to come up and farm that for fast traces and items. In lieu of that they might use an exterminate, but they don't usually do the longer missions to farm items or traces. Beyond that you might see people doing Survival or Defense. Sometimes you'll see people doing Interception because you get a near 1:1 return on relics, though you don't get a 1:1 for specific relics or specific relic eras.

When it was fresh and new everyone ran a lot of different mission types. Now that it's older and we've figured out the most efficient methods people tend to only run the non-efficient nodes when they have no choice and, more often than not, a lot of people simply forego running those mission types whenever possible.