Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, Clan Tiers Need a Remake. And a Little More Love.

Chemoryx

Clan tiers:

Clan tiers. The system that DE made since the beginning of clans- the system that forces a "cap" on member counts in clans.

The issue with clan tiers is that it takes into account what maximum capacity a clan is at, not how many members it has. If you're a mountain clan with 150 members, it's counted as if you have 300 members. If you're a moon clan with 500, you supposedly have 1,000 members.

The problem with this is that it forces a set quota on clans and the number of members they're "supposed" to have. There is no leeway given to clans in terms of how many members they want to be at, only how many members they should be at. You must have either 10, 30, 100, 300, or 1,000 members, otherwise your clan will be doing poorly in operations and have to pay the research costs for way more members than they have.

Take the whole issue with Ignis Wraith, for example. My clan didn't get it, and realistically, there's no reason we shouldn't have gotten it. We had somewhere between 190-210 members at the start of the event. We didn't have enough inactives to kick people and downgrade before the event started, and didn't have enough members to keep up with the mountain clans that had 300. Our clan isn't about grabbing as many members as we can- we interview each and every member that comes in to see if they're a proper fit. We weren't going to break that system to grab more members before Pacifism Defect. 

In essence, my clan didn't get Ignis Wraith solely because we didn't have 300 members.

At the time of writing this post, my clan now has 290 members. We got the gold trophy for Ambulas Reborn within the first 24 hours- there is no issue with activity in our clan. We were punished as a clan solely because didn't reach the "expected" number of clan members in time. 

This aside, this post isn't about IW. This post is about the limitations forced on clans in terms of member counts. A system that scaled research and operation score expectations based on the amount of members clans had (within the 10s) would be a simple system to add in and save many clans strife. 

Clans needing more love:

Another topic I would like to address- clans just don't have many features to them. Clans in this game survive solely off of the effort that the Warlords put into them. They make clan events and push to recruit members that they want in the clan to share and contribute to their ideals. 

But realistically, clans are boring on their own.

The dojo is boring- yeah, it's nice to have a dueling room and obstacle course, but other than that, what does a dojo really offer? Trading can be done at Maroo's Bazaar.

Gardens have no function other than serving as a pretty place to take pictures with your clan, but even that can be done in Captura.

Research is a set of blueprints that can be picked up from only your clan dojo, but why are those in their own rooms instead of being on a page in the clan tab? A page that functioned similarly to the market in which you could search up the weapon name and grab it would be far more efficient. Not to mention that dumping so many materials into research feels like a huge waste when you realize that dojos have nothing else to offer. 

Clan operations are just an added up score of the scores that clan members got in the missions. There's no requirement to do them with clans, therefore being no encouragement to play missions with your clanmates. On their own, all clans have to offer is a name and emblem on your profile, blueprints, and a chat. Clans have survived thus far purely from the effort made by Warlords. 

As for management- I would love to see a more detailed clan log. "A was recruited by B, C has donated ___ to ____, member was kicked on ___" etc. It would also be amazing if there was a clan log that only a Warlord could see that never expires. i want to be able to see who was kicked back in January. 

A thread that I greatly enjoy reading and mentioning clan ideas from is linked below. 

As for alliances, they have even less to offer than clans. With solar rails being in armistice, all alliances can offer on their own are another emblem for your frame, another chat, and a name. Alliances should also be given more tools to work with, such as better and more detailed / elaborate permissions to set for clans within an alliance, or even alliance operations. Those would be nice. 

Thanks for reading! Please comment below and share your feedback, whether you support my ideas or are against them. I'd love to hear opinions, given that they aren't rude.

Clan and dojo suggestion post:

Edited by -DM-Houndoominite
Adding ideas steadily...

Clans are a lackluster feature currently, not practically useful (besides belonging to a group) for anything other than getting certain items. I think that any addition to the system would be good, and yours and the other post would be great changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the first day my Dojo is functional.

The Dojo of my SOLO clan.

I went from a Moon clan that had inactivity problems and had to work my back a lot to help (force) clanmates to be in the top 10 of the Pacifism OP.

The clan cut 400 members and became Mountain, but it was yet too big for me, plus drama between friends.

So I helped build a clan that had to remain a Ghost one, but became a Shadow one soon, and I was the 2nd in rank...but, who knows, maybe I had high expectations, some episodes rubbed me the wrong way and I left to go alone, I kept in good terms with my former clan mates and we still play as I am in the Clan, but...maybe I'm just the kind of guy that for amount of reasons is able to deal with things better alone, avoid drama, avoid being someway in charge of things and just be able to take things easier.

I know I'm not alone in this, when I opened a thread to ask for help here in the forums, I had loads of experienced people willing to help me, very friendly.

So...solo clan doesn't equate to antisocial bear, it's just a choice that shouldn't deserve to be punished.

We're Ronins.

Ronin were a thing in the culture Warframe took inspiration from, and DE should acknowledge us and respect our decisions.

So yeah, between the sizes of clans, we need the Solo/Ronin clan too.

• 2 weeks later...

well its nice too see ppl think over somethimg like this i have a ghost clan and we where 2 at the start of the event one joined to late and still got ignis whaith bp

thats 20% of our clan and we still got it even if its just me alone then

sadly we didnt got in the leaderbord

but if you say u got to much inactive player its your job to motivate them not DE or kick them and search active ones

you say 290 of 300 well its probaply over 70% of active player

Mountain Clans must earn: 37,800 Points. changed to 7,560 Points.

i and my mate got 1024 even if the active one in your clan just make 500 u get it

and if not well then you didnt even have 20 active player and the event if iam not mistaken was 1 week long

and if you have only 10 player your clan size is wrong just downgrade

sorry if it sounds insulting or degrading its not my native laguage

On 7/20/2017 at 9:35 PM, Undermann said:

well its nice too see ppl think over somethimg like this i have a ghost clan and we where 2 at the start of the event one joined to late and still got ignis whaith bp

thats 20% of our clan and we still got it even if its just me alone then

sadly we didnt got in the leaderbord

but if you say u got to much inactive player its your job to motivate them not DE or kick them and search active ones

you say 290 of 300 well its probaply over 70% of active player

Mountain Clans must earn: 37,800 Points. changed to 7,560 Points.

i and my mate got 1024 even if the active one in your clan just make 500 u get it

and if not well then you didnt even have 20 active player and the event if iam not mistaken was 1 week long

and if you have only 10 player your clan size is wrong just downgrade

sorry if it sounds insulting or degrading its not my native laguage

Um, I think you misunderstood my forum post.

"Take the whole issue with Ignis Wraith, for example. My clan didn't get it, and realistically, there's no reason we shouldn't have gotten it. We had somewhere between 190-210 members at the start of the event. We didn't have enough inactives to kick people and downgrade before the event started, and didn't have enough members to keep up with the mountain clans that had 300. Our clan isn't about grabbing as many members as we can- we interview each and every member that comes in to see if they're a proper fit. We weren't going to break that system to grab more members before Pacifism Defect."

I bolded the more important parts. We had too few inactives to downgrade, and we didn't have enough members to compete with the other clans at the same tier. The forum post is describing how this happened purely because of the issue with clan tiers, not because of too many inactives or a "wrong clan size."

I understand that English isn't your native language, but you took my forum post's meaning and somehow got the opposite conclusion.

On 7/10/2017 at 4:42 AM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Today is the first day my Dojo is functional.

The Dojo of my SOLO clan.

I went from a Moon clan that had inactivity problems and had to work my back a lot to help (force) clanmates to be in the top 10 of the Pacifism OP.

The clan cut 400 members and became Mountain, but it was yet too big for me, plus drama between friends.

So I helped build a clan that had to remain a Ghost one, but became a Shadow one soon, and I was the 2nd in rank...but, who knows, maybe I had high expectations, some episodes rubbed me the wrong way and I left to go alone, I kept in good terms with my former clan mates and we still play as I am in the Clan, but...maybe I'm just the kind of guy that for amount of reasons is able to deal with things better alone, avoid drama, avoid being someway in charge of things and just be able to take things easier.

I know I'm not alone in this, when I opened a thread to ask for help here in the forums, I had loads of experienced people willing to help me, very friendly.

So...solo clan doesn't equate to antisocial bear, it's just a choice that shouldn't deserve to be punished.

We're Ronins.

Ronin were a thing in the culture Warframe took inspiration from, and DE should acknowledge us and respect our decisions.

So yeah, between the sizes of clans, we need the Solo/Ronin clan too.

Fair, but I think DE's goal is to not have solo clans anymore. Granted, my stance on solo clans is fairly neutral- I'm not for or against them. I understand the appeal in having research but not wanting to be part of a community, but I also believe that being in a clan filled with active players is lots of fun.

I personally just believe that DE could find a much better way to give clans more of a meaning.

7 hours ago, -DM-Doomie said:

Fair, but I think DE's goal is to not have solo clans anymore. Granted, my stance on solo clans is fairly neutral- I'm not for or against them. I understand the appeal in having research but not wanting to be part of a community, but I also believe that being in a clan filled with active players is lots of fun.

I personally just believe that DE could find a much better way to give clans more of a meaning.

There's stuff that DE can't solve, because they can't solve "humanity".

DE can't solve the dude that gets upset because the clan leader didn't score a single point for the event.

DE can't solve the leader that could have played at least 5 minutes but he didn't because he's lazy.

DE can't solve people that will leech and you can't solve people that will get upset.

DE can't solve that someone makes a clan, discovers another videogame and leaves the dealing of the clan to someone else but still calls it his clan.

DE can't solve that when you're in a clan and organizing a Derelict or a farm run you have to wait 30 minutes in a lobby that 4th dude joining, because he had decided to clip his feet nails and that you could have run 25 waves of Hydron in the meantime, just to discover that the guy won't play and that you'll have to do the run another day, just to log on and discover that he popped up later, you weren't online, and they did the run with someone else. 

I don't know how many people I forced to play and carried in Pacifism Defect to get one of my old clan to get the reward.

In a small ghost clan, if 5 people are awake and the other 5 are asleep, 1 person is going to get the shaft in organized stuff.

In the end, except maybe a couple of things like Raids and Derelict stuff, you can do everything with random people even if less efficiently...or people from other clans, because only leaders of big competitive clans hold grudges against other clans and average joe doesn't give a damn if some nice person is in another clan.

If I am in a clan, I want to partecipate actively and I get upset when things don't work like in an Utopian City.

And that's in every clan, and DE can't sort this.

I don't blame DE for not being able to solve something that Philosophers couldn't solve in Millennia, which is the human nature, the problem is that DE refuses to acknowldege that some people don't want drama and just want to enjoy a game, even if it means carry on their shoulder the grind work of 10 people.