Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apparently my Valkyr Prime build is bad.

(XBOX)D34thst41ker

Question

I put together a Valkyr Prime build a while back, and I'm finding it has trouble staying up in Sortie-Level content. I just tried it in a Sortie 2 Corpus Survival and got completely wrecked. Part of the issue is probably the Energy Reduction effect that's been added, but I've had issues staying up with her in other missions as well, so I'm thinking my build is just bad. Here's what I've got:

Steel Charge Aura

Handspring Exilus

Primed Continuity

Steel Fiber

Blind Rage

Intensify

Rage

Vitality

Primed Flow

Eternal War

The build is basically just an Eternal War build; while I have nothing against a Perma-Hysteria build, it's energy costs make it very difficult to pull off, so I elected to go with an Eternal War build instead. Unfortunately, I've been having trouble staying alive, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Any input would be appreciated.

14 answers to this question

i use a similar build. what i found works WONDERS for an eternal war setup, is either use hirudo, which heals every strike, or a melee with life strike. get low, pop channel for 1-2 hits, you're full again

Edited by Moysa

The build looks solid, what weapons are you running with? If your melee weapon doesnt prevent staggers or lacks aoe you might run into trouble. Also Valkyr absolutley needs a way of healing herself up otherwise you will be chipped down eventually no matter your effective hp.

I usually favor a hybrid build that lets me pop into hysteria to heal up again (no blind rage).

Edited by CrudShuzKong

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Simple question, why would you put so much strength when you already one-shot pretty much everything with melee and/or hysteria ?

Well its an eternal war build. so as long as you keep warcry going you don't need to recast the ability so drain is not really an issue. on the other side however the power strength will double the attack speed and armor buffs.

Just now, Airwolfen said:

Well its an eternal war build. so as long as you keep warcry going you don't need to recast the ability so drain is not really an issue. on the other side however the power strength will double the attack speed and armor buffs.

Still, it's not really needed. He/she could be using that slot for energy conversion. Way more worth it in my opinion, for both warcry and hysteria

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

Still, it's not really needed. He/she could be using that slot for energy conversion. Way more worth it in my opinion, for both warcry and hysteria

its 25 basically free power strenth with this type of valkyr. And using hysteria with eternal war is a giant no go imo. Only when you REALLY need to be invincible, and for that I take the increased drain no problem.

16 minutes ago, Moysa said:

i use a similar build. what i found works WONDERS for an eternal war setup, is either use hirudo, which heals every strike, or a melee with life strike. get low, pop channel for 1-2 hits, you're full again

My go-to Melee weapon is Galatine Prime with Tempo Royals. I understand that Cleaving Whirlwind is better damage-wise,. It I find Cleaving Whirlwind a lot easier to use. My build for it is as follows:

Tempo Royals stance

Primed Reach

Drifting Contact

Organ Shatter

Weeeping Wounds

Primed Pressure Point

Blood Rush

Life Strike

Berserker

Part of the issue, as I said, was the Energy Reduction modifier on the Sortie. I didn't have enough Energy to keep Life Strike active. Combine that with the fact that it was Corpus, who don't have to get in Melee Range, and Life Strike wasn't doing much for me.

13 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

The build looks solid, what weapons are you running with? If your melee weapon doesnt prevent staggers or lacks aoe you might run into trouble. Also Valkyr absolutley needs a way of healing herself up otherwise you will be chipped down eventually no matter your effective hp.

I usually favor a hybrid build that lets me pop into hysteria to heal up again (no blind rage).

My go-to loadout is the Tigris Prime or Vaykor Hek (though I personally like the Hek over the Tigris), Pandero as Sidearm, and Galatine Prime for Melee. I have Silva and Aegis Prime, but I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. Galatine Prime, on the other hand, has proven to be very reliable. Then again, it's one of the best Melee weapons in the game, so that's no surprise.

Also, as I understand it, Momentum doesn't stop you from taking damage; it just stops you from being interrupted while you deal damage. While I could deal with a few enemies at a time, the sheer number would overwhelm me and I'd go down fast. Since they were  orpus, they didn't have to get into Melee range to deal damage, so I was taking a lot of damage I couldn't really avoid.

13 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Drop Blind Rage, add some efficiency, and use Hysteria once in a while. It having ramping costs doesn't mean it's not still useful and won't save your bacon once in a while-- particularly when you're having trouble staying up.

I understand that Hysteria is useful, and I do try to use it as appropriate. It's just not the focus of the build.

Anyway, the only change I've made so far is dropping Blind Rage for Streamline. I'll have to give it a try sometime, but at the moment, I have to get ready for an errand. I'm still interested in input, though.

1 minute ago, Airwolfen said:

its 25 basically free power strenth with this type of valkyr. And using hysteria with eternal war is a giant no go imo. Only when you REALLY need to be invincible, and for that I take the increased drain no problem.

You're limiting your options just for a little bit power strength.

i would try something different, if wasn't energy reduction sortie:

instead of Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude (less energy usage on Hysteria, besides this will reduce your power strenght an bit)

instead of Primed Flow, Constitution (this compensate the drawback from transient and allow swap handspring... anyway, she has bonus knockdown speed as passive)

instead of Handspring on exilus, Rush (allow you to catch the enemies faster)

instead of Steel Fiber, Narrow Minded, since you already have some extra armor while at warcry, you can rely on it with this, plus hysteria will have lower upkeep with that amount of duration and your Eternal War augment will be easier to maintain, unless you want to use Paralysis more effectively or don't want to rely on warcry's armor buff

if you still want an bit more power strenght for armor/attack speed in exchange for meele damage, swap Steel Charge for Growing Power aura

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

You're limiting your options just for a little bit power strength.

Why bother thinking about hysteria when you take a build that is not great for hysteria anyway.

The beauty of Eternal war is building a weapon as that weapon is supposed to be build instead of a build that fits with hysteria and then gaining the defense to keep going and the speed to supercharge it.

When you invest in the essence of that build you have already forsaken hysteria. Why then limit yourself to make "usable" what you are not planning to use in the first place and when you use it it wont be as effective as what you were doing with your chosen melee.

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Why bother thinking about hysteria when you take a build that is not great for hysteria anyway.

The beauty of Eternal war is building a weapon as that weapon is supposed to be build instead of a build that fits with hysteria and then gaining the defense to keep going and the speed to supercharge it.

When you invest in the essence of that build you have already forsaken hysteria. Why then limit yourself to make "usable" what you are not planning to use in the first place and when you use it it wont be as effective as what you were doing with your chosen melee.

Why bother ? Because you could have a build that is neat for both abilities instead of a build that is better for only one thing. Plus hysteria is powerful enough to do anything in the game provided that your melee is good enough. I don't see why anyone would say no to a little "immortality time" when needed.

I'll be honest; while I understand why Growing Power and Energy Conversion are good mods, I don't think they're good mods for Valkyr. With Eternal War, she doesn't have to cast War Cry very often, and I'm not using Hysteria very often. I don't really think that either Growing Power or Energy Conversion are worth the slot they'd take up. If I was using abilities more often then I could see using one or both; as it is, I don't think they're worth the slot.

Your build is fine. Most corpus enemies (especially techs) deal increased damage vs armor due to puncture based weapons.

As for other sortie level missions, an eternal war Valkyr has similar durability compared to Inaros but without the ability to blind an entire room. You should try and avoid taking too many hits especially against large or stronger enemies.

Edited by MrJxt