Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mental Omega's one stop shop for mediocre ideas

Mental_Omega

Because I'm a bad person who belongs in a trash compactor I have a lot of ideas for content in warframe, too much to give them all their own thread without seriously clogging up this forum so I decided to create a single repository thread for them all.  This post will be updated periodically as I finish writing out the various ideas I have swimming around in my head, but without further adieu let's get started with the first category: 

Tilesets:  

I love me some tilesets.  A nice looking level is always nice, and despite only really returning to Earth for Lith to get some levels on brand new gear and frames before I take them to more serious leveling places I can still remember the tilesets for places like Earth, Mars, Jupiter, and Uranus better than I can the generic corpus Iceworld tileset or the Grineer and Corpus ship set.   That being said, this is definitely a problem that I'm sure DE is trying to fix but I thought I'd just sound off my ideas for them.    

Venus:  

Spoiler

Now in planetary romance science fiction from the early 1900s, Venus was often imagined as a cloudy and wet world of rainforests and swamps forever shrouded by rain clouds; a contrast to how Mars was imagined as an old desert world whose water was slowly being lost.  Now it's clear that Mars in Warframe does take some inspiration from planetary romance fiction; a vast but very much livable desert world with blue skies and seas of sand with a (now dead) culture of rather Barsoom esque feudal worlders trying to eke out a living.   But Venus is currently represented by the same Ice world tileset used for Pluto and Neptune which doesn't make a whole lot of sense even with the excuse that we're only visiting mountain tops.   

Now I understand what you're thinking, "Earth is already a Jungle world!"  Yes, but Earth is a Grineer occupied Jungle world.   A Corpus dominated one would naturally look rather different as the Corpus build their structures amidst the swamps and jungles of a world that is perpetually raining.   I'd further imagine that Venus is one of the Corpus' primary "living spaces", with a significant chunk of the Corpus' civilian population living on Earth's sister planet in great Venice like cities built upon lagoons or rising from the marsh in the distance while Corpus fortresses dot the landscape that the Tenno have to infiltrate and vanquish.    The mountains would instead become more like the mountaintop "cloud forests" we see in some parts of Earth, great forests that have their water provided by thick clouds that condense around them rather than the rainfall that dominates the rest of the planet.    

In essence, I'm imagining Venus as being like Torvus Bog in Metroid Prime 2 

maxresdefault.jpg

(Sorry for the potato quality image)  

Orokin ruins would of course also be found in Venus, integrated into the scenery as time has caused most of them to become either claimed by the Corpus or by Nature while large amounts of water would of course be present due to the constant fall of rain.   And speaking of nature, I think Venus would be a good place to have some wildlife enemies like the Kubrows on Earth, Kavats on the Derelicts, and the Skates of mars.  

I'd preferably like to see "wildlife" enemies expanded in general, but I'll save my ideas for major expansions of hostile and non-hostile Biota for the game for a later section.   My idea for the archetypical "kubrow" esque enemy of Venus would be something akin to metroid prime 2's grenchler.   A reptilian enemy perhaps clearly derivative of crocodiles the way that Kubrows are clearly derivative of dogs and Kavats are from cats.    We could call them Sukuds (a corruption of the latin term "Suchus" for crocodile), and perhaps in the future they could also be made into a kind of pet if the developers ever want to add something that isn't a mammal.   If you want to really make them distinct, you could even give them a bio-electric attack to go along with the usual claws and jaws; while their body structure I would have be somewhat in between triassic era Raisuchids like Postosuchus and modern crocodiles, capable of living on land while still able to swim in the water.   

And of course, water brings up the question of Sharkwing.   I know archwing has a very large number of detractors, but I feel that Venus could be a good place to have some early game leveling places for Archwing.  Of course I'd put these places on nodes that aren't mandatory, Nodes that take you deeper into the wetlands of Venus and farther away from the parts of the planet that the Corpus have at the very least partially drained in their constant battle with Venus' precipitation.     Though of course, part of what made Torvus Bog such a memorable area in metroid prime 2 was its great and memorable music; but I'll get to my ideas on how to improve the game's soundtrack (the issue really isn't the quality of music, what we have is great, it's just there isn't enough) later.    

Neptune:  

Spoiler

Given that the Orokin could (somehow) turn an Ice Giant planet like Uranus into an Ocean world with their magic terraforming, the fact that Neptune; a planet named after the god of the Sea, is not also an ocean world seems kind of a crying shame to me.   What I propose is essentially making Neptune the Corpus equivalent of Uranus; giving it the Corpus Sealab tileset.   

I'm imagining the Corpus Sealab as looking much less Bioshock/Zeerustish than the Grineer's labs on Uranus and much more like Kamino in Star Wars albeit with a lot more ostentatious capitalistic displays.   Great cities floating on the water and extending far into the impossibly deep oceans.   Neon advertisements everywhere and holographic commercials playing on some walls to encourage the servants of the Corpus to buy some product or the other; things like this help the world feel more alive and lived in.   

The thing Neptune is known for in our solar system is of course, its extremely high speed winds; over 1500 kilometers per hour on average.  I.E, the wind goes more than twice as fast as the average jet.   Now while I'm sure that in the process of their terraforming the Orokin would keep this more under control, but having the skybox of Neptune be perpetually shrouded in dark and angry storms and the howling of the solar ssytem's fastest winds would be quite atmospheric no?   And in the background you would of course see titanic waves pushed along by the winds of the planet of the god of the ocean.      

Compared to its counterpart on Uranus, the Corpus sealab tileset should be "clean".   Things look more functional and maintained, though of course given that this is the Corpus we're talking about here I'd expect to see plenty of things that would give OSHA a heart attack done in the name of saving cost.   Given the extreme power of Neptune's weather, I'd also expect things like massive tidal power generators or wind turbines, or stations that draw power from the heat of Neptune's core deep in the giant planet.   These could of course make for interesting sabotage targets, and you could have some Sharkwing missions that take place well into the Abyssal regions of Neptune's oceans (though given that the Sun shines much less strongly on Neptune than on Earth and the planet would have so much stormy weather, the ocean would become too dark to see in much faster than on Earth anyway).      

Phobos: Replace with Vesta  

Spoiler

Phobos makes rather little sense as an entire planetary system.  It's a tiny space potato no more than 27 kilometers across at its largest point.  It's so small that not a single node on it takes place on Phobos itself.   I think at this point i's pretty clear that making Phobos a major part of the solar system was something of a whoopsie-do on the developer's part.   But Phobos does serve a purpose as the mid-game Corpus hub, so we can't just strike it out entirely, so I instead propose replacing it with the second largest Asteroid in the Solar system; Vesta.   If Vesta still being on the small end (having roughly the surface area of Pakistan) concerns you, you could say the Orokin smashed Vesta up with some of the other asteroids in the belt like Pallas and Hygeia to make a larger body more suited for their space magic terraforming.    

Vesta would serve as a major hub of the Corpus' operations in the asteroid belt (Mars would remain one of the primary sites of the conflict between the Corpus and Grineer of course; it's just that Phobos and Deimos don't make any sense as whole node systems), and would have the Corpus Foundry tileset.   Unlike the Grineer tileset at Ceres, the Foundry would be something like Geonosis meets Apple.   Huge assembly lines assembling machines by the thousands whether with robotic workers or via more futuristic things like 3D printing rolling off enormous numbers of Proxies, weapons, Armor systems and more off the factories to support the Corpus war machine all across the solar system in their quest for dominance of space.    

You would get the impression that the tileset is all part of a single great machine and see warships and other war machines being assembled either in the backdrop or for smaller things; as part of the scenery.   One interesting mechanic is that these assembly lines could even tie into the spawn mechanics, with some completed combat proxies being activated once they're done being put together, resulting in a constant stream of Corpus robots unless the player destroys some of the machinery that's continually assembling them.    And the machinery would be working very quickly (compared to real world manufacturing speeds for robots), the whole process to turn raw materials into a Moa should take no more than a minute, and the assembly lines would be rolling off more enemies multiple times in a minute.     

You could even have docking areas where these massive assemblies of product are being pushed into storage containers that are being loaded into waiting ships to deliver them to other parts of the system.   Some background scenery could include ships landing and docking to receive product or offload mineral resources harvested from elsewhere in the system and taking off and jumping out once they're loaded, and some rooms could have huge rows of inanimate combat proxies lined up like mothballed tanks; currently laying dormant due to their power cores being removed.     

And of course, being such a major center of industry would naturally mean that there would be some means of interacting with buyers present in the tileset.   The players of course wouldn't be able to use them, but you could visit rooms that are clearly meant to be auction houses or stock exchanges or other places to inspect and purchase Corpus product in bulk.   Those assembly areas could tie into that; with balconies for potential customers to look at the robotic army they might have thoughts on buying in person before making any final purchases.   And of course, the Tileset could also come equipped with worker proxies that nevertheless can be a threat to a warframe as they turn their heavy industrial tools to contributing to the facility's defense.    

And certainly; Nef and Derf Anyo being in charge of Vesta would be a lot more impressive than them being in charge of Phobos when the Sergeant finally joins the other reskinned normal enemies in the dustbin of history.    

Sedna:  

Spoiler

Sedna in all likelihood would join Pluto and Europa as being an iceworld tileset simply due to it also being a cold little ball of ice and other frozen materials.   Of course, a Grineer iceworld tileset would be much more "hard edged" than their Corpus equivalents.   Brutalistic settlements and factories and the enormous Rathuum arenas in the distance while Grineer pollution has already started to cause some melting as Sedna's temperatures rise beyond what the Orokin likely intended for the terraformed dwarf planet.  Water extractors and purifiers providing the vital fluid to the billions of grineer warriors on and off the planet; melting large sections of the planet's ice to distill and slake the literal thirst of the grineer war machine while; as a recent addition to the Grineer Empire; Sedna would be covered in all sorts of Propaganda to hype up the settlers coming to this newest acquisition.    

Given that it is one of the main centers of Rathuum, Sedna would probably be covered in viewscreens showing the results of various matches and games while Kela's presence is probably quite palpable throughout the dwarf planet.  Now you do have to be careful or else this would get annoying, but you should probably at least be able to find Grineer rec rooms where when not-alerted; the Grineer are watching the game and talking to each other about the bloodsport the way we talk about sports games now.   Casual and relaxed really, it would help make the Grineer Empire feel more alive, and it would also help build up to the confrontation with Kela since for anyone who didn't play the operation, Cressa and Kela all talk like we should already be familiar with her (but then I believe most operations should become quests later on so that the narrative they provide isn't lost forever for people who weren't active at the time).   

There's not too much to say here otherwise.    

Mercury: (To be done) 

Saturn: (To be done) 

New Enemy Ideas/Enemy Revamp Ideas:

Corpus:   

Power Loaders:

Spoiler

Even people who have never even watched any of the Aliens movies has probably at least heard of the scene where Ripley gets into a power lifter and dukes it out with the Xenomorph queen woman to woman.  Now while I am against the idea of the Corpus being advanced enough to make power armor that can take on a warframe evenly ton for ton (or at least do so with anything close to affordability), the solution of "just add more ton" seems pretty obvious to me.   Corpus power loaders would consist of a Crewman in a militarized version of a power loader, something like Mass Effect 3's Atlas mechs albeit more capable in melee as the intent here would be more of a high level tanky corpus enemy that can try to tie up a warframe in close combat.   The forklift claws are of course now used as power crushers and heavy legs meant for withstanding the forces exerted by lifting heavy objects are now used for trying to stomp warframes into the dirt.     

Power Loaders would be quite armoured, but the armoured cockpit could be broken open with sustained fire to get a quick and easy kill against the much squishier crewman (this mechanic is why I'm suggesting it be crewman operated instead of being a proxy) to reward players for target placement even if shooting the limbs might get you more damage immediately; having the patience to pour on fire onto the cockpit to break it open and then kill the crewman would be rewarded with a chance to instantly kill off the crewman and leave the power loader intact.  Though I'm not sure if it should be to hack into its systems to have it attack the other Corpus or to just jump in and take it for a spin.  The Power Loader would have jump jets meant for maneuvering in difficult terrain, and could probably be fitted with some hastily added ranged weapons although melee combat would definitely be the focus.    On average I'd say a loader should be about three to four meters tall and their fighting style should be perhaps on the ponderous side but still able to deal a decent amount of hurt if they do hit.    

Power loader variants could carry outright melee weapons like a shockmaul or some heavy weapons.   

Owl Proxies:

Spoiler

Owl Proxies would be the other new Corpus close combat unit.   These bipedal proxies would of course, vaguely resemble a raptor (partly the "eagles, falcons and hawks" kind and partly the "jurassic park sickle clawed beasties" kind) and would have four limbs in total; two for locomotion and secondary melee attacks and two for their primary melee attacks.   They'd stand a bit more upright and less horizontal than Dinosaur bipeds do from Ostritches to the Tyrannosaurus Rex; but not quite in full on Kangaroo stance.   The basic variant of course just comes at you with vibro/powerclaws to try and cut you open and could also have some jaws of life esque well...jaws for bite attacks.   Other variants could come equipped with lecta whips and all versions would be capable of a "pounce attack" where they jump at you with a chance of a knockdown proc where they'd try to rip into you.     

Deinonychus Proxy:

Spoiler

If the Corpus are the Trade Federation/Confederacy of Independent Systems then the Deinonychus proxy is the magnaguard.   The most humanoid of the proxies, these serve as bodyguards for the most important figures in the Corpus.   Though not a full match for Warframes one on one, they still are able to give the Warframes as serious a fight in close combat as possible.   The default would carry electrostaffs much like the magnaguard and be capable of blocks and parries and at range; firing either a short ranged electric blast or back mounted micro-missiles to deal damage at a distance.   Other models would come with sword and board type set ups where they can move quickly to protect their charges and provide a rather formidable defense for their charges with their blocking ability; others come into the battlefield with whips (and a Detron or Cetra vandal in the other hand), others with a rather Necron esque warscythe (the blade facing parallel to the haft rather than perpendicular to it like a harvest scythe) or a ferrok staff and each fitted with an extensive library of combat moves (I.E they can use combos too) and each being highly mobile via anti-gravity jump thrusters and a light and mobile construction.      

Eagle Gunship:

Spoiler

If the Condor Dropship is the UH-1 Huey of space, then the Eagle would be the AH-1 Cobra.   Slimmed down with its transport capacity removed in favor of more agility and a lot more weaponry, Eagle gunships essentially serve as Juggernaut esque minibosses in out doors levels that get drawn in there's too much commotion as an alternative to a Bursa spawning in for variety's sake.   The Eagle gunship comes packing a gatling nose mounted turret, opticors mounted into the nose of the hole, dumbfire rocket pods and guided missiles.   Due to the sheer agility of the Tenno, to have a good chance of hitting them the Eagle has to remain in bullet jumping range and not just blow you up from halfway across the horizon with guided missiles and would provide for a rather agile dogfight that should decently telegraph its attacks.   You can explain this away with Warframes being advanced enough to tell where the computer systems of the Eagle are trying to aim, giving you some time to react.     Compared to a Bursa, the Eagle would hit harder and be more agile but be substantially more fragile, with the VTOL engines being the weak points in particular, though if you're determined enough you could break open the cockpit to kill the pilot.    When the Eagle gets low enough, you could have a prompt to latch onto the gunship to make a series of melee attacks for heavy damage when you jump at it; with a possible "finisher" animation being your warframe tearing off the armor plating of the cockpit and then killing the Pilot right then and there (with the fist/sparring finisher being tearing it off with your bare hands more or less and then crushing the pilot into a spray of blood like what the big Kryptonian did to that A-10 pilot in man of steel.)    

Goose Transport Proxy  

Spoiler

These ground transport proxies serve as transports for the Corpus legions through heavy battlefields.  Large and uncharacteristically tough for the Corpus' machines, Geese have shockwave generators on each of their eight legs to try and thwart attempts to flank them and boast a very large and menacing rail gun on a top turret mount.   Four anti-personnel turrets lay on the front while two are on the rear; giving it some means of defense from all angles.   However Goose transport proxies can be crippled by shooting at their legs; stunning them as they try to push themselves back up.   Additionally when they open up to let Corpus crewmen and proxies out to attack the enemy they expose weak points that a clever enemy can exploit rapidly and viciously to quickly deal large amounts of damage.   Transport proxies of course don't spawn in the more cramped maps, but do feature in the more open maps that other vehicles play around in.

Reworked enemies (Always a work in progress):  

Corpus Techs:

Spoiler

Instead of just being bigger for...some reason, Corpus Techs would instead have those tubes and wires type exosuits you see in Edge of Tomorrow or in the scifi call of duty games and titan fall.   While their power armor is certainly no match for a warframe, it lets them easily handle a supra and it lets them handle themselves a bit better in melee since they can use Corpus melee weapons with more strength behind their swings.    

Bosses: (To be done) 

Grineer (with credit to someone I know as Dust and Echoes on Sufficient Velocity but am not sure about his name here): 

Kasur Enforcement Tank:

Spoiler

It's a tank.   No, no, not the "takes a lot of damage" kind, I mean a literal "has tracks and a big gun on a turret" tank.   This would only spawn in the more open outdoor areas (like my upcoming reworks to Saturn and idea for Titan to be it's own node system; and Sedna and some Earth and my upcoming rework to Mercury) like I imagine is the plan for the upcoming Corpus Spider tank enemy.   It'd be about 7 meters long by 2.7ish meters tall and like most Grineer machines it'd be quite bulbous and rounded with an ovoid or hemispherical turret fitted with a very big and brutal gun that has a few firing modes.   The AP round quite simply fires an armour piercing shell at high velocities that of course has a huge amount of punch through; to be used against people camping cover.  The HE round is also quite simple, it hits something and makes a sizeable explosion.   The incendiery round leaves a burning area that can cause heat procs to those who pass through it while it's burning, while some tanks might replace the incendiery round with a cryogenic, voltaic, gas, corrosive or what have you round; with the kind marked by the color of the tank's barrel.   And of course there's the canister shot where the tank's main gun essentially becomes a giant shotgun.    

The tank would also have a coaxial mounted rampart gun, as well as a pintle (as in the gun that you see on the top of turrets of most vehicles) mounted gun to provide for additional firepower.   Like all tanks, the front armor would be the strongest, while the side armor would be somewhat weaker and the rear armor having the most weak points by far.   So the amount of resistance to damage the tank has actually depends on the facing.   I'm not sure on mechanics to kill the crew and take over the tank, but the tank itself I think could make for a rather more visually distinctive enemy than just another grineer who's tall for some reason and has a gun that kills you with almost no warning.   Here; the act of rotating the turret of the tank would serve to telegraph where it's aiming and hopefully give players more time to respond.       

Grineer Commandos:

Spoiler

If you've played Metroid Prime 2 and 3 you might know what I'm getting at.  The base idea here is a Grineer female unit that's meant to be a "hunting the hunter" kind of unit that specializes in fighting Tenno and other elite combatants like Corpus Hyenas.   These females are given high grade augmentations along with sophisticated (by grineer standards) power armor that lets them utilize a bevy of weapons.   Their first piece of their kit is a projectable energy shield on their left hand that can be used to quickly form something to block or reduce the impact of incoming attacks; reverse engineered from Corpus technology.   Second is their arm cannon on the right arm, the Uzgon; in its standard firing mode it's used like a very quick firing assault rifle using ETC projectiles (using electrothermal-chemical reactions instead of the standard charges to launch the round; making it go much faster and also having the cool effect of sheathing the round in plasma) while the secondary fire is a rather punch short range scattershot blaster/shotgun.   In melee the arm cannon can project a superheated high-frequency blade for carving people up in close quarters combat while their shoulders pack grenade launchers able to launch various elemental kinds of grenades.   They also pack jump and dash jets to let them try and better rival Tenno mobility, and can even wall latch via magnets.   Furthermore, they are able to turn invisible briefly although it's a predator type cloaking device in that you can still make out where they are if you pay attention.

Grineer Brutes:

Spoiler

These enormous Grineer are born from quite extreme grineer mutations brought about by both the lack of quality controls in the Grineer cloning process as well as exposure to unknown extrasolar materials noted for their replicative and mutagenic properties.   Grineer Brutes are well over four meters tall and have arms thicker than most tenno are wide, and easily make use of huge and heavy weapons usually intended for vehicle mounts such as the Grattler and the Corvas as well as enormous wrist extendable bayonets to slice apart enemies that they can't just crush to death with their mighty fists.   While cumbersome compared to most grineer, Grineer brutes are not only fantastically tough but also have healing factors to let them regenerate from injury as well as potent shockwave generators on their limbs to scatter meddlesome enemies.  Brutes are however, able to be disarmed by shooting off their weapons which reduces the danger they pose dramatically.

Undrol Gunship:  

Spoiler

A Grineer counterpart to the Corpus Eagle, the Undrol doesn't have the agility of its Corpus rival or its shielding and sophisticated secondary systems; but what it does have is significant straight line speed, tough armor, and heavy firepower.   Armed with a nose mounted grattler and a large number of missiles and incendiery rocket launchers, the Undrol also can carry a fireteam of Grineer infantry within that can be quickly deployed onto the battlefield or fire from opened doors to offer some extra firepower.   Though not quite as capable of maneuvering Grineer assets around as its dropship counterpart, the Undrol is a much more intimidating presence on the battlefield and is often used to try and blast those who resist the iron fist of the Grineer Empire into pieces.   Like the Eagle, it can be dealt substantial damage with special finisher attacks executed by jumping at it whenever it gets particularly low, and can be rapidly killed off by a special finisher when jumping at the front after its been sufficiently weakened.   

Kamuk IFV:  

Spoiler

The Kamuk IFV is a simple and brutal vehicle with mean looking tracks, a deadly looking mine-flail that also serves to tear apart those who get in front of it, a potent weapon best described as a scaled up version of the Sobek able to fire either slugs or spreadshot paired with a rampart machine gun and anti-tank missiles, the Kamuk is just bristling with firepower.  And what's more is that they also carry Grineer infantry to be deployed into the battlefield; a whole squad of them in fact.   The Kamuk isn't quite as durable as the Kasur enforcement tank, but it's got plenty of firepower to spare.  Kamuks are best confronted by attacking them from the flanks or the rear, though sometimes when they deploy troops they might lift up the frontal assault ramp which allows a frontal shot into the IFV as it unloads soldiers into the battlefield.   

Reworked Enemies: (To be done) 

Bosses: 

Infested: (To be done) 

Predators:

Spoiler

While most of the myriad forms of the Technocyte have no true means of subtlety, Predators are stealthy and dangerous.   Hexapods with a roughly insectoid shape, Predators are lanky, lithe, and have long cricket like legs for making huge jumps and can render themselves temporarily invisible through chameleonic alteration of their skin.  While most infested are created from infecting organisms and machines, Predators are created from pure technocyte and as such do not borrow any aesthetic elements from other factions.   To attack, they utilize their scythe like fore-limbs to snap and slice at enemies; or attempt to impale them with their needle like probosci at the end of worming tendrils to inject powerful viral agents to weaken prey.  Predators are quite fragile, but are extremely nimble and can be difficult to hit.    

Drovers:

Spoiler

Another "pure" form of infested, Drovers scuttle around to ferry the infested answer to the flamethrowers so often used on them; a noxious living weapon known as the Entropocyst, another infested organism biologically joined to this repulse armadillo like body.   The entropocyst sprays out a large amount of corrosive bile at high pressure, good at eating through armor and the bulkheads of fortresses and starships alike.   Frequently used against enemy vehicles as well as more heavily armored tenno, Drovers are remarkably resilient and capable of surprising speed in straight lines and their forelimbs "gripping" claws are capable of deadly puncture damage, as are their needle like teeth.  However, they have poor vision, which they compensate by periodically extending their sauropod like necks to look around, which exposes their otherwise small headshot box to make for quicker kills if a player is patient.  

Mauler:

Spoiler

Dedicated anti-vehicle units, Maulers are very large infested that are essentially their equivalent of tanks.   This huge, tailed organism walks along like a six limbed gorilla with a pair of biological weapons emerging from their shoulders as well as a grotesque chest cannon.   The smaller bio-cannons utilize muscle spasms and pheromones to agitate a swarm of technocyte beetle like organisms who are ejected outwards to eat their fill and then explode into corrossive juices to weaken enemy armor before bio-electric processes (signified by the creature's spines lighting up with electricity) launch an organically formed crystal like a railgun to smash the target open.   Close by targets can also be affected by arcing bursts of electricity from their back, and getting too close means getting in range of their club like limbs which can crush an enemy like a grape or sweep around to smash aside enemies with a clubbed tail.   Maulers are capable of a loping sprint in a straight line but are poor turners, and engorged veins that supply food for their beetles on their backs are a significant weak point.    

Thrall Master:

Spoiler

Thrall Masters are large infested that serve as a combination of pure technocyte and large amounts of brain matter and computers consumed to create a more intelligent organism that is capable of providing for greater direction of the technocyte swarm.   Infested nearby benefit in the form of greater speed and damage, while the Thrall master's back cysts can periodically spawn flying forms of maggots to provide a distraction for their comrades.   Walking on four legs; the four arms of the Thrall master bear a scythe like blade, a mace like crushing limb, a spine launching biological cannon to attack more distant foes, and a "Vine cannon" that fires a spray of seeds that rapidly grow into technocyte after impact, disgusting roots trying to force open any weak points in the target's protection and pull the target apart while holding them down.       

Chiropterans

Spoiler

Infested chiropterans are airborne menaces added to the infested legions; made from a combination of pure technocyte, large airborne fauna, and the flying machines of the other factions. Chiropterans bear some vague resemblance to bats, which is what earned them their names; with two wings and four weapon limbs clearly never meant to be used for much moving around while on the ground.   Chiropterans attack with piercing sonic shrieks and corrosive vomit as well as viral bomb cysts that fall off of them on command to shower an area with weakening viral agents while symbiotic organisms can fly off of them to dive bomb a target and explode into deadly toxins.     They can also swoop overhead to try and cut at and bite an enemy with their blade limbs and their mouths, while their tails are capable of throwing forth spines to strike at an enemy in the hopes of impaling them to death.  However, like Gunships, Chiropterans  are vulnerable to anti-air finishers, and can be instantly killed with a special decapitation finisher after being sufficiently weakened.    Their wings are also weak points; due to being less well armored by necessity to let them remain airborne.  

Reworked Enemies 

Bosses

Corrupted: (To be done) 

Sentients: (To be done) 

Venandilyst:

Spoiler

The Venandilysts were employed as hunter-killers throughout the Old War, and were devised specifically with combating the Tenno in mind in particular.   Venandilysts have four limbs, two employing sentient blades and two fitted with some form of arm cannon known as the Vendoland that can alternate between rapid fire blasts that seem to "flay" a target by pulling apart their molecular structure layer by layer (rendering them more vulnerable to follow up strikes) and charged blasts that can outright disintegrate targets.    Vendilysts are capable of camouflaging themselves to hide from guards and can utilize stranger abilities such as combining their swords into a deadlier cleaver blade for heavier attacks, joining their arm cannons together to form a sniper weapon, and creating holographic doubles of themselves to confuse targets with hard light copies that while much weaker than the true vendanilyst; can still do some damage on their own.    Like all sentients, Venandilysts can adapt to damage dealt to them and find the raw power of the void itself to be poison.    

Phagilyst:

Spoiler

Sentient "eaters", Phagilysts not only consume, but can heal.    Utilizing swarms of sentient crafted nanites, Phagilysts can consume objects to turn them into raw material with which to repair other sentients or reinforce their armor or augment them as needed.   Surrounded by clouds of Nanites themselves, Phagilysts essentially have shielding to protect them from incoming attacks, and can attack by commanding their nanites to form into deadly instruments such as javelins; crushing blunt instruments, tendrils, and bursts of spikes in all directions.    Phagilysts can consume objects in the background as well as fallen enemies and allies to power up their nanite clouds further, using it as fuel to augment other sentients or for nanite cloud attacks.    

Arcanolyst  

Spoiler

Arcanolysts serve the Sentient war machine by making the life of their enemies difficult.   Utilizing machinery capable of altering time and space, Arcanolysts can catch enemies in fields of slowed time and distorted space to hamper their movement while doing the reverse for their allies; letting them move and strike faster.   They can also alter space in ways as to impede the momentum and weaken the attacks of enemies while enhancing the striking power of allies and even blink around the timestream; albeit only some seconds in any direction.   This can be done to undo damage to themselves or an ally by jumping them back in time briefly, or move around by jumping slightly forward in time.   They of course, can also teleport and even manipulate space to shrink or enlarge allies.   Arcanolysts can use their abilities to deal direct damage; being particularly fond of manipulating space to alter gravity to try and crush enemies or make them the center of gravity for objects, causing a rain of projectiles to "fall" on them; or warp space to send them flying.   

Bellalyst:

Spoiler

These Sentient combat fragments were a terror of the old war, utilizing a pair of deadly speargun like weapons in tandem with a powerful shield attached to the forearms of their limbs.    Their weapon is able to fire particle whips that upon "impaling" a target, can be used to move them around; often used for violent throws in particular.  Their shields present a formidable defense, and their agile bodies can quickly alternate which facings they protect; though making full use of a shield limits their ability to use that arm to attack in particular.   In melee they utilize a combination of great speed and lethal machine precision to make deadly stabbing and thrusting attacks, and can even throw their spear guns which let out particle waves that force enemies to scatter in all directions; and can throw their shields with unerring accuracy to deal added damage; though until the shield returns they cannot use it.      

Armilyst:

Spoiler

The rough sentient equivalent of a tank, Armilysts stride about the land on five legs that seem far too spindly for their size like some sort of demented hand.     The Armilyst strikes with many weapons, including an "eye" mounted tachyon "arrow" that strikes at nearly impossible speeds with the force to pierce through mountains, piercing right through any form of cover and through large lines of enemies.    Deflagration rays in the "horns" of the sentient war machine strike their targets with such ferocious heat that they not only burn, but also ignite the friends and comrades of their enemies nearby; while the tail of the Armilyst strikes with scattering beams of radiation that can drive their foes to madness.   In close quarters, the Armilyst's limbs are quite capable of crushing, slicing, and stabbing a foe into submission

Dracolyst:   

Spoiler

These flying Sentients bear some very vague resemblance to dragons.   Deadly wyrms of the skies that terrorized the origin system in the old war and now bring horror anew.   Able to shift their elemental natures much like the Warframe Chroma, Dracolysts can provide a number of abilities and attacks based on their current color.   Dracolysts will be most harmed by the elemental type corresponding to their current color; with some damage dealt by secondary elements with one component in common to their color (I.E, a Red Dracolyst is hurt most by heat; but takes some extra damage from radiation, gas, and blast as they also have fire); which of course, is applied before their own sentient adaptation abilities.   The power of the void however, can force them to change their elements.   Dracolysts strike with attacks relating to the element that they are channeling; fiery breath, fireballs, and heat rays for red; electric bolts, ball lightning, and electric pulses when blue, waves of cold, ice orbs, and freeze rays when white, and poison gas clouds, globules of toxin and rotting blast waves when green.   They also can provide augments for nearby Sentients based on their colour; improving their durability, increasing their armor, enhancing their speed, or their damage based on their color.

Imperolyst 

Spoiler

Seemingly Sentient commanders, Imperolysts have the ability to quickly teleport in reinforcements or teleport injured sentients out of the battlefield to be repaired and then teleporting them back in; though defeating the Imperolyst will mean that Sentients so removed from the battlefield will stay removed.   Imperolysts have six arms; with the top two being devoted to wielding bladed guns that fire tachyon discs that shred enemies to pieces, the second pair having long stabbing lances that fire piercing particle beams that can punch through most forms of armor with ease, and the last pair having launchable "mallets" that seek out targets to slam into with altered gravity at tremendous forces to crush even the hardiest of foes into paste or be used to crush enemies to death in melee.  Furthermore, each possess a high temperature plasmacaster to burn down enemies, a tesla arc weapon at the chest to electrocute them, foot mounted frost wave generators to freeze enemies in a radius around them; and back mounted toxin orb casters to deny enemies the area. Imperolysts can fire everything in an "all weapons all out attack" to obliterate everything in front of them, and are able to quickly maneuver their weaponry to block and deflect incoming attacks, and are themselves able to teleport rapidly and efficiently.   Imperolysts can designate targets for other sentients, making attacks against that target more accurate and having a chance of dealing critical hit damage.

Locolyst:  

Spoiler

These Sentient "brood carriers" move large numbers of sentients within them to engage enemies in battle as is needed.    Somewhat pyramid shaped, Locolysts move on four rather thick "legs" when they aren't simply hovering like ominous wireframe esque pyramids built to protect the Oro core at their center.    Locolysts can quickly release sentients for combat from within the protection of its hull, and it provides shielding for nearby sentients to help augment their protection against enemy attack.   Locolysts strike with arc arrays that release barrages of strange bolts of cascading energy that twist and warp matter in unnatrual ways as well as a central anti-matter eye that can detonate an area within its gaze.    Locolysts aren't quite as well armed as Armilysts, but they are exceedingly tough and those who think them weak in melee will find that their limbs are quite suited to crushing those who get close; or run afoul of their extendable scythe limbs.    

Bosses

(Name Pending):

Spoiler

With credit once again to Dust and Echoes for the original concept (a Grineer), this boss would essentially be the General Grievous of Warframe.   A particularly deadly Sentient from the old war that made a name for themselves hunting and taking down warframes and collecting their weapons as trophies (insert "your weapons will make a fine addition to my collection" and "you fool, I was trained in your Tenno arts by Hunhow!" jokes here), and most notably is able to split their two arms into four arms; at first seeming to prefer dual wielded Dakra Primes before splitting their arms in two and coming at you with *four* Dakra Primes and making use of a special and very high speed melee stance with lots of general grievous style spins (whether rotating the torso for a 360 degree buzzsaw or just the wrists to create a circular no go area).    A very skilled blocker and parrier, this boss would be more than capable of holding their own in a melee duel with multiple warframes at a time and seems to prefer divide and conquer tactics when outnumbered, focusing attacks on a particular warframe to push them away from the rest of the group and focusing them down to put them down, moving with a combination of high speed sprints and large leaps and able to mimic wall running via magnetic attachments to their cybernetic legs.   

If denied a chance to get into melee, they quickly produce lex primes or Soma Primes to try and shoot you down and of course, can throw quite the significant number of grenades to try and flush you out of cover; whether they're frag or concussion grenades or they're an elemental grenade meant to burn the area of lather it in poison gas or what have you.   Instead of a standard invulnerability phase, they'd periodically call in a special custom made and heavily armed airborne gunship like Sentient after each healthgate (separate from their sentient adaptation health gate) and you'd have to shoot the gunship down to start damaging their health normally again as they burst back out from the downed Gunship and start again.  Though perhaps for variety, they could first try a gunship, then hiding away in a tank of some sort, and then finally trying some sort of escape vehicle.   The boss fight is meant to be a fast and furious duel against a quick and deadly enemy rather than a long slog where neither combatant can really do all that much to hurt each other (I'm looking at you vay hek) and really put you to the test against someone who can more than hold their own against you in close quarters combat.     

Wildlife (To be Done) 

New factions (To be done)

Voidspawn/Void Demons (To be done): 

Gliesan Despotate (To be done): 

The Unchrol (To be done): 

New node sets (To be done) 

Titan (To be done): 

Enceladus (To be done)

Io (To be done):

Orcus (To be done):

Triton (To be done):

Charon (To be done): 

Oberon (To be done):

Planet 9 (To be done):

Music ideas (To be done) 

Operator Progression system (To be done) 

New star systems (To be done) 

Tau Ceti (To be done): 

Alpha Centauri (To be done): 

Gliese 581 (To be done):  

Wolf 1061 (To be done): 

TRAPPIST-1 (To be Done)

New mission types (To be done) 

New game modes (To be done) 

Edited by Mental_Omega

I like these concepts, but the General Grievous boss should be a Sentient fighter that was conceived to be the 'anti-Warframe'.

May I also suggest using 

Spoiler

This thing

to compress the amount of text below the subtitle for ease of navigating through the solar system that is your opening post.

Additionally, on the article of :sentient:s, I expect all enemy robotics to be subservient to any nearby Sentient units (basically, a conversion of Oberon's old passive that turns enemy pets into allies, into 'if enemy robot sees Sentient unit, Hunhow assumes direct control' ).

2 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I like these concepts, but the General Grievous boss should be a Sentient fighter that was conceived to be the 'anti-Warframe'.

May I also suggest using 

Reveal hidden contents

This thing

to compress the amount of text below the subtitle for ease of navigating through the solar system that is your opening post.

Additionally, on the article of :sentient:s, I expect all enemy robotics to be subservient to any nearby Sentient units (basically, a conversion of Oberon's old passive that turns enemy pets into allies, into 'if enemy robot sees Sentient unit, Hunhow assumes direct control' ).

Huh, that would make for a good sentient boss.   

And I'll make sure to spoiler the text yes.

Some more ideas in no real order;

Spoiler

-Corrupted to use Prime weapons and have a Prime frame-specter miniboss hidden somewhere on the level 30+ tilesets in the Void.

-Corrupted to also have Specters supplanting a majority of their troops, which would show up in Void Gate Invasions, which are basically Corrupted Outbreaks.

-Sentients to have more archetypes than twin-staff, twin cannons, camera, dropship.

-Corpus to have Bursa-styled (visually speaking) battlesuits with an appropriately sized crewman helmet for the pilot's seat (think Warhammer 40k's Imperial Space Marine Dreadnoughts, then think what'd happen if the Corpus were their makers), and perhaps have Raptors showing up where there's a lot of airspace instead of a Bursa.

-Remember Alad V's experiments on Warframes? Now imagine a Corpus-driven Warframe (looks like a Warframe, fights like a noob/specter, has a Crewman for a head and hands) with the ability to self-destruct by accident. They would be bosses of their own.

-Corpus AT-AT. That's all I need to say.

-One of the Grineer tanks would resemble a Confederacy LAAT (the D-shaped tank).

-Have some tilesets that can only be accessed with Archwing but are on planetside (not underwater or in space), where there's large drops or cliffs where you can call up your Archwing via the gear menu, but have impervious Grineer/Corpus AA guns that would effectively force you to despawn, let alone forgo Archwing in those regions.

-More kinds of Infested so they look more like the local enemy in a given tileset.

-Corrupted Leaders being most of the deceased leaders you dealt with until you reached The Void at that particular junction (i.e: Corrupted Jackal MK II, Corrupted Lieutenant Lech Kril, and Corrupted Sergeant (2.0) being bosses on Void tilesets).

-Tactical Alert lore, and other Events that included big lore pieces, would be reintroduced via Quests that would appear and deny you access from a particular thing or location until you do it (such as Rathuum on Sedna, or The Index: Preview on Neptune, but they can be maneuvered around).

-Crewman Marines with Bratons and Struns.

As for the new enemy ideas; yes some of them are aliens.  I figure that as warframe inevitably escalates its plot as all MMOs do; eventually even the Sentients, whatever demons live in the void, and the Infested won't be "grand" enough to provide for the same kind of menace they used to.   The natural next step of course; is alien life.  I fully intend to make the concept for them weird though.   

Before I add them to the OP:  

Corpus Enemy Concepts: 

These ground transport proxies serve as transports for the Corpus legions through heavy battlefields.  Large and uncharacteristically tough for the Corpus' machines, Geese have shockwave generators on each of their eight legs to try and thwart attempts to flank them and boast a very large and menacing rail gun on a top turret mount.   Four anti-personnel turrets lay on the front while two are on the rear; giving it some means of defense from all angles.   However Goose transport proxies can be crippled by shooting at their legs; stunning them as they try to push themselves back up.   Additionally when they open up to let Corpus crewmen and proxies out to attack the enemy they expose weak points that a clever enemy can exploit rapidly and viciously to quickly deal large amounts of damage.   Transport proxies of course don't spawn in the more cramped maps, but do feature in the more open maps that other vehicles play around in.

Grineer enemy concepts: 

Grineer Brutes: These enormous Grineer are born from quite extreme grineer mutations brought about by both the lack of quality controls in the Grineer cloning process as well as exposure to unknown extrasolar materials noted for their replicative and mutagenic properties.   Grineer Brutes are well over four meters tall and have arms thicker than most tenno are wide, and easily make use of huge and heavy weapons usually intended for vehicle mounts such as the Grattler and the Corvas as well as enormous wrist extendable bayonets to slice apart enemies that they can't just crush to death with their mighty fists.   While cumbersome compared to most grineer, Grineer brutes are not only fantastically tough but also have healing factors to let them regenerate from injury as well as potent shockwave generators on their limbs to scatter meddlesome enemies.  Brutes are however, able to be disarmed by shooting off their weapons which reduces the danger they pose dramatically.

Undrol Gunships: A Grineer counterpart to the Corpus Eagle, the Undrol doesn't have the agility of its Corpus rival or its shielding and sophisticated secondary systems; but what it does have is significant straight line speed, tough armor, and heavy firepower.   Armed with a nose mounted grattler and a large number of missiles and incendiery rocket launchers, the Undrol also can carry a fireteam of Grineer infantry within that can be quickly deployed onto the battlefield or fire from opened doors to offer some extra firepower.   Though not quite as capable of maneuvering Grineer assets around as its dropship counterpart, the Undrol is a much more intimidating presence on the battlefield and is often used to try and blast those who resist the iron fist of the Grineer Empire into pieces.   Like the Eagle, it can be dealt substantial damage with special finisher attacks executed by jumping at it whenever it gets particularly low, and can be rapidly killed off by a special finisher when jumping at the front after its been sufficiently weakened.    

Kamuk IFV: The Kamuk IFV is a simple and brutal vehicle with mean looking tracks, a deadly looking mine-flail that also serves to tear apart those who get in front of it, a potent weapon best described as a scaled up version of the Sobek able to fire either slugs or spreadshot paired with a rampart machine gun and anti-tank missiles, the Kamuk is just bristling with firepower.  And what's more is that they also carry Grineer infantry to be deployed into the battlefield; a whole squad of them in fact.   The Kamuk isn't quite as durable as the Kasur enforcement tank, but it's got plenty of firepower to spare.  Kamuks are best confronted by attacking them from the flanks or the rear, though sometimes when they deploy troops they might lift up the frontal assault ramp which allows a frontal shot into the IFV as it unloads soldiers into the battlefield.   

Infested Enemy Concepts:  

Predators: While most of the myriad forms of the Technocyte have no true means of subtlety, Predators are stealthy and dangerous.   Hexapods with a roughly insectoid shape, Predators are lanky, lithe, and have long cricket like legs for making huge jumps and can render themselves temporarily invisible through chameleonic alteration of their skin.  While most infested are created from infecting organisms and machines, Predators are created from pure technocyte and as such do not borrow any aesthetic elements from other factions.   To attack, they utilize their scythe like fore-limbs to snap and slice at enemies; or attempt to impale them with their needle like probosci at the end of worming tendrils to inject powerful viral agents to weaken prey.  Predators are quite fragile, but are extremely nimble and can be difficult to hit.    

Drovers: Another "pure" form of infested, Drovers scuttle around to ferry the infested answer to the flamethrowers so often used on them; a noxious living weapon known as the Entropocyst, another infested organism biologically joined to this repulse armadillo like body.   The entropocyst sprays out a large amount of corrosive bile at high pressure, good at eating through armor and the bulkheads of fortresses and starships alike.   Frequently used against enemy vehicles as well as more heavily armored tenno, Drovers are remarkably resilient and capable of surprising speed in straight lines and their forelimbs "gripping" claws are capable of deadly puncture damage, as are their needle like teeth.  However, they have poor vision, which they compensate by periodically extending their sauropod like necks to look around, which exposes their otherwise small headshot box to make for quicker kills if a player is patient.   

Mauler: Dedicated anti-vehicle units, Maulers are very large infested that are essentially their equivalent of tanks.   This huge, tailed organism walks along like a six limbed gorilla with a pair of biological weapons emerging from their shoulders as well as a grotesque chest cannon.   The smaller bio-cannons utilize muscle spasms and pheromones to agitate a swarm of technocyte beetle like organisms who are ejected outwards to eat their fill and then explode into corrossive juices to weaken enemy armor before bio-electric processes (signified by the creature's spines lighting up with electricity) launch an organically formed crystal like a railgun to smash the target open.   Close by targets can also be affected by arcing bursts of electricity from their back, and getting too close means getting in range of their club like limbs which can crush an enemy like a grape or sweep around to smash aside enemies with a clubbed tail.   Maulers are capable of a loping sprint in a straight line but are poor turners, and engorged veins that supply food for their beetles on their backs are a significant weak point.    

Thrall Master: Thrall Masters are large infested that serve as a combination of pure technocyte and large amounts of brain matter and computers consumed to create a more intelligent organism that is capable of providing for greater direction of the technocyte swarm.   Infested nearby benefit in the form of greater speed and damage, while the Thrall master's back cysts can periodically spawn flying forms of maggots to provide a distraction for their comrades.   Walking on four legs; the four arms of the Thrall master bear a scythe like blade, a mace like crushing limb, a spine launching biological cannon to attack more distant foes, and a "Vine cannon" that fires a spray of seeds that rapidly grow into technocyte after impact, disgusting roots trying to force open any weak points in the target's protection and pull the target apart while holding them down.        

Infested chiropterans are airborne menaces added to the infested legions; made from a combination of pure technocyte, large airborne fauna, and the flying machines of the other factions. Chiropterans bear some vague resemblance to bats, which is what earned them their names; with two wings and four weapon limbs clearly never meant to be used for much moving around while on the ground.   Chiropterans attack with piercing sonic shrieks and corrosive vomit as well as viral bomb cysts that fall off of them on command to shower an area with weakening viral agents while symbiotic organisms can fly off of them to dive bomb a target and explode into deadly toxins.     They can also swoop overhead to try and cut at and bite an enemy with their blade limbs and their mouths, while their tails are capable of throwing forth spines to strike at an enemy in the hopes of impaling them to death.  However, like Gunships, Chiropterans  are vulnerable to anti-air finishers, and can be instantly killed with a special decapitation finisher after being sufficiently weakened.    Their wings are also weak points; due to being less well armored by necessity to let them remain airborne.   

Sentient Enemy concepts:   

Venandilyst: The Venandilysts were employed as hunter-killers throughout the Old War, and were devised specifically with combating the Tenno in mind in particular.   Venandilysts have four limbs, two employing sentient blades and two fitted with some form of arm cannon known as the Vendoland that can alternate between rapid fire blasts that seem to "flay" a target by pulling apart their molecular structure layer by layer (rendering them more vulnerable to follow up strikes) and charged blasts that can outright disintegrate targets.    Vendilysts are capable of camouflaging themselves to hide from guards and can utilize stranger abilities such as combining their swords into a deadlier cleaver blade for heavier attacks, joining their arm cannons together to form a sniper weapon, and creating holographic doubles of themselves to confuse targets with hard light copies that while much weaker than the true vendanilyst; can still do some damage on their own.    Like all sentients, Venandilysts can adapt to damage dealt to them and find the raw power of the void itself to be poison.    

Phagilyst: Sentient "eaters", Phagilysts not only consume, but can heal.    Utilizing swarms of sentient crafted nanites, Phagilysts can consume objects to turn them into raw material with which to repair other sentients or reinforce their armor or augment them as needed.   Surrounded by clouds of Nanites themselves, Phagilysts essentially have shielding to protect them from incoming attacks, and can attack by commanding their nanites to form into deadly instruments such as javelins; crushing blunt instruments, tendrils, and bursts of spikes in all directions.    Phagilysts can consume objects in the background as well as fallen enemies and allies to power up their nanite clouds further, using it as fuel to augment other sentients or for nanite cloud attacks.      

Bellalyst: These Sentient combat fragments were a terror of the old war, utilizing a pair of deadly speargun like weapons in tandem with a powerful shield attached to the forearms of their limbs.    Their weapon is able to fire particle whips that upon "impaling" a target, can be used to move them around; often used for violent throws in particular.  Their shields present a formidable defense, and their agile bodies can quickly alternate which facings they protect; though making full use of a shield limits their ability to use that arm to attack in particular.   In melee they utilize a combination of great speed and lethal machine precision to make deadly stabbing and thrusting attacks, and can even throw their spear guns which let out particle waves that force enemies to scatter in all directions; and can throw their shields with unerring accuracy to deal added damage; though until the shield returns they cannot use it.      

Arcanolyst: Arcanolysts serve the Sentient war machine by making the life of their enemies difficult.   Utilizing machinery capable of altering time and space, Arcanolysts can catch enemies in fields of slowed time and distorted space to hamper their movement while doing the reverse for their allies; letting them move and strike faster.   They can also alter space in ways as to impede the momentum and weaken the attacks of enemies while enhancing the striking power of allies and even blink around the timestream; albeit only some seconds in any direction.   This can be done to undo damage to themselves or an ally by jumping them back in time briefly, or move around by jumping slightly forward in time.   They of course, can also teleport and even manipulate space to shrink or enlarge allies.   Arcanolysts can use their abilities to deal direct damage; being particularly fond of manipulating space to alter gravity to try and crush enemies or make them the center of gravity for objects, causing a rain of projectiles to "fall" on them; or warp space to send them flying.   

Armilyst: The rough sentient equivalent of a tank, Armilysts stride about the land on five legs that seem far too spindly for their size like some sort of demented hand.     The Armilyst strikes with many weapons, including an "eye" mounted tachyon "arrow" that strikes at nearly impossible speeds with the force to pierce through mountains, piercing right through any form of cover and through large lines of enemies.    Deflagration rays in the "horns" of the sentient war machine strike their targets with such ferocious heat that they not only burn, but also ignite the friends and comrades of their enemies nearby; while the tail of the Armilyst strikes with scattering beams of radiation that can drive their foes to madness.   In close quarters, the Armilyst's limbs are quite capable of crushing, slicing, and stabbing a foe into submission.    

Dracolyst: These flying Sentients bear some very vague resemblance to dragons.   Deadly wyrms of the skies that terrorized the origin system in the old war and now bring horror anew.   Able to shift their elemental natures much like the Warframe Chroma, Dracolysts can provide a number of abilities and attacks based on their current color.   Dracolysts will be most harmed by the elemental type corresponding to their current color; with some damage dealt by secondary elements with one component in common to their color (I.E, a Red Dracolyst is hurt most by heat; but takes some extra damage from radiation, gas, and blast as they also have fire); which of course, is applied before their own sentient adaptation abilities.   The power of the void however, can force them to change their elements.   Dracolysts strike with attacks relating to the element that they are channeling; fiery breath, fireballs, and heat rays for red; electric bolts, ball lightning, and electric pulses when blue, waves of cold, ice orbs, and freeze rays when white, and poison gas clouds, globules of toxin and rotting blast waves when green.   They also can provide augments for nearby Sentients based on their colour; improving their durability, increasing their armor, enhancing their speed, or their damage based on their color. 

Imperolyst: Seemingly Sentient commanders, Imperolysts have the ability to quickly teleport in reinforcements or teleport injured sentients out of the battlefield to be repaired and then teleporting them back in; though defeating the Imperolyst will mean that Sentients so removed from the battlefield will stay removed.   Imperolysts have six arms; with the top two being devoted to wielding bladed guns that fire tachyon discs that shred enemies to pieces, the second pair having long stabbing lances that fire piercing particle beams that can punch through most forms of armor with ease, and the last pair having launchable "mallets" that seek out targets to slam into with altered gravity at tremendous forces to crush even the hardiest of foes into paste or be used to crush enemies to death in melee.  Furthermore, each possess a high temperature plasmacaster to burn down enemies, a tesla arc weapon at the chest to electrocute them, foot mounted frost wave generators to freeze enemies in a radius around them; and back mounted toxin orb casters to deny enemies the area. Imperolysts can fire everything in an "all weapons all out attack" to obliterate everything in front of them, and are able to quickly maneuver their weaponry to block and deflect incoming attacks, and are themselves able to teleport rapidly and efficiently.   Imperolysts can designate targets for other sentients, making attacks against that target more accurate and having a chance of dealing critical hit damage. 

Locolyst: These Sentient "brood carriers" move large numbers of sentients within them to engage enemies in battle as is needed.    Somewhat pyramid shaped, Locolysts move on four rather thick "legs" when they aren't simply hovering like ominous wireframe esque pyramids built to protect the Oro core at their center.    Locolysts can quickly release sentients for combat from within the protection of its hull, and it provides shielding for nearby sentients to help augment their protection against enemy attack.   Locolysts strike with arc arrays that release barrages of strange bolts of cascading energy that twist and warp matter in unnatrual ways as well as a central anti-matter eye that can detonate an area within its gaze.    Locolysts aren't quite as well armed as Armilysts, but they are exceedingly tough and those who think them weak in melee will find that their limbs are quite suited to crushing those who get close; or run afoul of their extendable scythe limbs.    

Mission Types: 

Reinforcement:  

This actually draws quite a bit from a command and conquer mission I enjoyed and some dawn of war 2 missions.   But don't worry; I'm not introducing any RTS mechanics.   Instead what we have is that the map will spawn with a certain point that will have friendly NPCs in a fortified position who are holding out against an enemy faction.  You are given a marker indicating how close the enemy is to overwhelming the NPC stronghold that serves as your "timer", that you can extend by completing secondary objectives that will delay or otherwise hinder the attacking enemy forces.  The objective is to fight your way to the NPCs to provide them with the kind of reinforcements only the Tenno can provide.   The players have the advantage of greatly superior terrain as well as better cover, turrets, and your allies being higher level than the enemy while the enemy of course has weight of numbers as well as a rather copious number of heavy units meant to break open the defenses.   From here it becomes a defense mission of sorts with the final enemy wave being a "boss wave" that can either spawn with a boss or with a substantial number of heavy units as the last push.    After this is achieved, the mission is complete.    

Spearhead: 

This is based somewhat on the Defection mission type, but rather than escorting people away from the enemy you're escorting friendly NPCs *to* an enemy objective.  For example; you could be escorting a team of Arbiters of Hexis Commandos who are carrying powerful anti-matter charges that will breach the entrance of a Corpus fortress and allow for a direct attack inside.  Or you could be escorting a convoy of steel meridian tanks that are pushing towards an infested hive with the munitions needed to burn them to the ground.   The escortees will be capable of handling themselves to a degree well beyond that of rescue targets or the evacuees; but they do need your help to get through.   The convoy will be under pretty constant attack by quite large numbers of enemies to compensate for the high quality help you're getting; including some field bosses and possibly even assassination bosses.   If too many of the escorted are killed; the mission is failed.   But once you get to the objective, the escorted convoy breaches the objective and the mission then becomes an exterminate/sabotage mission where you go in and clean house and kick &#!.     

Offensive:  

An allied faction is making a push towards a crucial objective that is heavily fortified by the enemy.   With increasing enemy resistance, they have called upon the Tenno for assistance.  This is in essence; an outright warzone with substantial numbers of friendly and enemy characters shooting each other up.   The objective is to help capture a number of points (taking the interception mechanic), then holding them down with help from the allied NPCs until reinforcements arrive to take over; letting you progress to the next point.   Once all strategic points are captured, the objective then becomes to clean up the remaining enemies who have coalesced near a command point around some sort of commander.      Once this final bastion is taken out; you have victory.   

Bastion:  

Something like a grander version of Defense, bastion has larger maps than defense as well as the presence of friendly NPCs and more defenses set up in your favor.  This is an endless mission where you try to literally hold down the fort against large numbers of enemies coming from multiple directions with periodic spawnings of heavy "breacher teams" who are meant to try and break past your defenses and take out the fortress.   Your allies are reinforced every five minutes while the enemies are of course reinforced constantly.   After five minutes, you can extract as the Lotus offers new reinforcements or choose to stay and fight longer.    Allied reinforcements will come with combat engineer teams who can help repair damaged defenses and set up replacement turrets and mines; and central to the defense is an Allied VIP who is a quite formidable fighter in their own right, but does need your protection (otherwise the mission fails).   With the reinforcement mechanic, if you are pushed from a section of the fort you can rebuild and retake it if you are able to push the enemy from there; so as to avoid snowballing difficulty being too real, but still, there is going to be a point where the enemy horde is too numerous and strong for you to deal with.

Edited by Mental_Omega

Aha, so I see there's a kindred spirit here amongst the fan Concepts. Greetings from the Pit! While some of my ideas most certainly clash with your own, I see several that, if this place was divided up into individual pieces, I would gladly stick my sticker-of-approval upon. Barring that, here, have my checkmark of approval. I'll be sure to keep tabs here almost as much as I hopelessly keep tabs on my hopeless hole in the ground. Part of me wants to ask you if you could offer your two cents about the Pit, but, rather then advertize, I'll just place my "Noteables" list of your work here.

1. The eagle sounds like it would do fantastically as a "level-wide" boss who's always there and heckleing you with firepower, retreating every-so-often when health drops to the next open-air area to make life difficult before the final showdown at the extraction.

2. Your Commandos remind me of my Head Hunters as well as a historic Grineer unit I highlight in me tales, that's all I have to say.

3. Your Thrall Master, it disgusts me and arouses. . . my interest. I'd like to see it in all it's rippleing sinew someday.

4. AHA! The Dracolist! It's pre-Sentient sentinel prototype must be the one that is always produced when Chromas are manufactured! Lovely.

5. Your Reinforcement mission, I can see it's skeleton already existing in the form of the Myconian colonial defense mission, twould be a natural evolution of the concept, ESPECIALLY now that we have located Meridian AND the Veil's base. Could start from there and spread to all the other factions as faction missions progress.

Thats all for now suh, I stand by and await further development.

Edited by Unus