Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis builds

DEATHLOK

Question

IGNIS%20A_zpsfvkjbr1s.jpg

IGNIS%20B_zpsxgzidotr.jpg

IGNIS%20C_zpsogq8sqwg.jpg

These are well enough for low-level trash, but can be detrimental at higher level Sortie missions.

The builds seem disjointed. I'm not happy with the effectiveness against specific factions.

I'm wondering if I should add yet another Madurai (V) polarity to fit Primed Cryo Rounds in the remaining "free" spot, but perhaps Magnetic, Blast, and Viral procs aren't worthwhile on this weapon?

I wasn't impressed with an online Crit build I saw for the Ignis Wraith, and assume Status is where the Ignis shines. But just how high should the Status chance be?

Will be eternally grateful if you can help me get these build in order.

Edited by DEATHLOK

4 answers to this question

How about you get yourself Ignis Wraith bp (there are some good tennos that share it for free) and create 3 configs... status, crit, pure damage. And riven. With good riven you can go to sortie and beyond.

And yes i read your post and I disagree.

Ignis Wraith crit build is better than status one... and pure damage build can be even more better than crit build. So why build it for 3 config? Because it all depend on situation. Sometimes you just want to push as much status as you can, and sometimes you just want to rush the mission and that's why you want crit/dmg build.

Edited by THeMooN85

32 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

How about you get yourself Ignis Wraith bp (there are some good tennos that share it for free) and create 3 configs... status, crit, pure damage. And riven. With good riven you can go to sortie and beyond.

And yes i read your post and I disagree.

Ignis Wraith crit build is better than status one... and pure damage build can be even more better than crit build. So why build it for 3 config? Because it all depend on situation. Sometimes you just want to push as much status as you can, and sometimes you just want to rush the mission and that's why you want crit/dmg build.

This is a great idea. The Ignis Wraith is better and with a good riven it can be actually rly good.

When you use Vile Acceleration to increase dmg, it also forces you to use ammo mutation. Including fire rate mods on continuous weapons is a way to increase dmg/s but it actually makes you spend more bullets to do this dmg. 

If you keep the Ignis, try to change both mods for elemental mods and see if you like the result.

If you go with Ignis Wraith, use both crit mods.

I love the Ignis as well but be aware that as a continuous weapon it will shine in a lot of areas but not as a single target dmg weapon. 

Did you have Wrath or did you build the normal one for Crit? The Wrath has more build options being crit viable and can dish out a decent amount of extra damage with head-shots but the normal isn't good for crit.

I try not to use Vile Acceleration on Ignis because it then means you need ammo mutation. Ammo case isn't enough for a 10m+ mission. I try to use Fire Storm when possible, I prefer the extra width apposed to length or Sinister Reach though last I checked Ignis Wrath was getting waaaaaay more than the stated range increase. (Around 70m)

Primed Cryo is very useful to throw on Ignis for different purposes. I would also suggest Primed Bane when possible.

I use a Crit Viral Ignis for Street sweeping up to lvl 60. Status Corrosive Vs Grineer, Status Gas Vs Corpus, Crit Viral Vs Infested (Blast would also be an option but Caustic Eximus will make you do 0 damage anytime they show up and it can be problematic), Status Viral + Rad for CC / Utility (This is not for damage dealing really though it's okay Vs. Corpus)

Using Ignis on Rhino, Mirage, Chroma or any damage buff frame will allow it to dispatch M3 Sorties. I do it often out of sheer laziness.

For the most part Ignis is an amazing farming tool.

I have Ignis Wraith. However, I'm going back through older, unused weapons and maxing them out. Can't help myself.

Concerning Ignis, the magazine capacity vs DPS is what most gets under my skin. And that reload time. Wow!