Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duplicate Fissure Missions should NOT happen

Xekrin

Someone will point out the level disparity, so let it be me.

Also that level disparity doesn't matter. Either you're doing a rescue or you're doing a rescue. Why not have some other mission type in one of those two slots, instead?

Of course, it's all just RNG.

4 minutes ago, LordMazulia said:

There's plenty of variety, just not in this instance because, again, the missions are random.

If one rescue had started just as another rescue was about to end I'd agree with you.  

RNG is only an excuse up to a point, it would be incredibly easy for any novice coder to compare the results of a random selection against pre-existing values and reroll if said selection matches what's already available.

Just now, Xekrin said:

It would be incredibly easy for any novice coder to compare the results of a random selection against pre-existing values and reroll if said selection matches what's already available.

Unless you code for big games like Warframe, you don't really have enough knowledge to make such a claim. It's not as if this happens all day, all the time. It happens once in a while at most. If you waited all day, or even for an hour or two and it was still just showing similar missions that's be one thing, but taking a single moment and acting as if it's always like this is another. Things like this will happens once in a while. Either do the missions then, or wait until later. That's all anyone can do.

1 minute ago, LordMazulia said:

Unless you code for big games like Warframe, you don't really have enough knowledge to make such a claim. It's not as if this happens all day, all the time.

Granted, but it still does not hurt to point it out and make my feelings known, simply accepting something as inevitable no matter how rarely it occurs will not cause something to change.

2 minutes ago, LordMazulia said:

That's all anyone can do.

Or we could provide feedback on the matter, as I have done and as many others have done in their desire to always have at least one endless (survival) fissure available at all times.

I, for one, saw that list and immediately logged out in despair.  Maybe others did too, maybe they went your way and just ran those because "its all they could do".

Or  maybe they will agree that seeing that is frustrating and annoying, almost as much as seeing Uranus Interception/Defense as the only Neo mission day after day was, until they changed it.

30 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Granted, but it still does not hurt to point it out and make my feelings known, simply accepting something as inevitable no matter how rarely it occurs will not cause something to change.

Of course it doesn't hurt. If you think there's a problem somewhere, even if it may seem minor, you should always point it out. I have no problems with that, and would never tell someone to be silent abut it.

32 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Or we could provide feedback on the matter, as I have done and as many others have done in their desire to always have at least one endless (survival) fissure available at all times.

I, for one, saw that list and immediately logged out in despair.  Maybe others did too, maybe they went your way and just ran those because "its all they could do".

Or  maybe they will agree that seeing that is frustrating and annoying, almost as much as seeing Uranus Interception/Defense as the only Neo mission day after day was, until they changed it.

Feedback is fine. Again, if you have a problem with something you are more than welcome to say something about it. I'm not trying to argue that. I was simply pointing out that it's very much not like this most of the time.

Also, I don't just run these missions. As I said earlier "Either do the missions then, or wait until later." In game that's all you can do. But, again, there's nothing stopping you from saying anything about it.

Nobody should just do the mission anyway if it's going to be frustrating or annoying. And I would never say to do so. If you don't like something, then don't do it. If you want to say something about it, go ahead. All I can do at that point is either agree with what you present, or be critical about it, but I'm not gonna stop people from having an opinion at all.