The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

unable to connect to any players after Chains of Harrow

IFHQ

Same here. It appears that this was not an answer to the problem after all but it did seem to help for a bit. After the last Hotfix everything has gone from bad to worse. I can't join any group again. Oh well. The game was fun while it lasted. I just wish I hadn't spent a hundred bucks on it 2 days before it went to hell on me. Best of luck.

Same here. Everything worked beautifully before Harrow. Now it's constant host migration, weird lag and bugs. Hud fails to render in some missions, mobs that spawn in rooms with doors do not leave those rooms while open area spawns behave normally . . . Very frustrating.

I think i got a idea why this is happening,

1: Theres the new quest launched

2: TWO PRIMES BEING UNVULTED

3: Frost prime returns for a twitch prime promo.

i never had these disconnections before the updates came to the game, i have awesome connection because im close to the router.

On 01/07/2017 at 1:15 AM, Huppa said:

After a bit of detective work I've come to the conclusion that much of this has to do with the lag in Peer connectivity related to Firewall settings in Windows and it's not just the proper port access for the game.

I set all the ports correctly so the Strict NAT settings were cleared and it had no effect. Then I discovered that the Inbound/Outbound rules were a bit scrambled and made no sense to me since the profiles for every instance of Warframe listed in the rules were all set to "Public" access only and did not include "Private" or "Domain" networks. I have no idea why or how this setting is this way and I'm no computer wizard but I set all of the instances related to the game listed in both Inbound and Outbound rules so that all of the network types were checked, hit "apply" and retried the game. It worked! Well . . . sort of.

While I still experienced host migrations and broken sessions that left me back aboard my ship, the frequency went from 100% broken to about 10% and I could play again with only a little frustration. I also noticed that the later in the day it got and into the wee hours of the morning the frequency increased which leads me to think that this increase in frequency is because as distance between the most active time zones and myself increased so does the latency. This may not be a perfect fix but it does work for the most part. There is still a lot of lag in the game but it varies from group to group and has little or nothing to do with rendering or graphics processing.

Here's the path to access the Firewall Rules for Windows 10. Just remember to only change the settings related to Warframe so you don't wind up naked and exposed to the world. (I'm sure there is a better pathway but, as I said, I'm no computer wizard.)

Settings / Search Firewall / Windows Firewall / Advanced Settings / Inbound Rules / Warframe (there will be several) / Right Click and select Properties / Advanced / Check each of the network type boxes in "Profiles" / Click "Apply" at the bottom of this window. Once this is done for each instance of Warframe in "Inbound Rules" you need to repeat the steps again in the "Outbound Rules" section.

Hope this helps! Cheers!:smile:

I'm giving this a shot. fingers crossed that this will work! :D

On 01/07/2017 at 1:15 AM, Huppa said:

After a bit of detective work I've come to the conclusion that much of this has to do with the lag in Peer connectivity related to Firewall settings in Windows and it's not just the proper port access for the game.

I set all the ports correctly so the Strict NAT settings were cleared and it had no effect. Then I discovered that the Inbound/Outbound rules were a bit scrambled and made no sense to me since the profiles for every instance of Warframe listed in the rules were all set to "Public" access only and did not include "Private" or "Domain" networks. I have no idea why or how this setting is this way and I'm no computer wizard but I set all of the instances related to the game listed in both Inbound and Outbound rules so that all of the network types were checked, hit "apply" and retried the game. It worked! Well . . . sort of.

While I still experienced host migrations and broken sessions that left me back aboard my ship, the frequency went from 100% broken to about 10% and I could play again with only a little frustration. I also noticed that the later in the day it got and into the wee hours of the morning the frequency increased which leads me to think that this increase in frequency is because as distance between the most active time zones and myself increased so does the latency. This may not be a perfect fix but it does work for the most part. There is still a lot of lag in the game but it varies from group to group and has little or nothing to do with rendering or graphics processing.

Here's the path to access the Firewall Rules for Windows 10. Just remember to only change the settings related to Warframe so you don't wind up naked and exposed to the world. (I'm sure there is a better pathway but, as I said, I'm no computer wizard.)

Settings / Search Firewall / Windows Firewall / Advanced Settings / Inbound Rules / Warframe (there will be several) / Right Click and select Properties / Advanced / Check each of the network type boxes in "Profiles" / Click "Apply" at the bottom of this window. Once this is done for each instance of Warframe in "Inbound Rules" you need to repeat the steps again in the "Outbound Rules" section.

Hope this helps! Cheers!:smile:

Sadly this does not resolve the issue with mine. Thanks for the info though.

Also having this problem since harrow.

If I try to host a game, almost everyone will disconnect upon load in. (sometimes they stay in the ship and I'll load in.) I can reinv them through chat and they can join fine.(they have to leave squad first.)

However reinv through chat is tedious and also prevents me from hosting raids as once you get to phase 2 I can now not reinv people as it says "objective completed". I don't think it used to do this, before I could inv people at the start of phase 2 but now I can't.

Very annoying I can't host a raid... any ideas?

45 minutes ago, SurelyShane said:

Also having this problem since harrow.

If I try to host a game, almost everyone will disconnect upon load in. (sometimes they stay in the ship and I'll load in.) I can reinv them through chat and they can join fine.(they have to leave squad first.)

However reinv through chat is tedious and also prevents me from hosting raids as once you get to phase 2 I can now not reinv people as it says "objective completed". I don't think it used to do this, before I could inv people at the start of phase 2 but now I can't.

Very annoying I can't host a raid... any ideas?

Phase 2 with the first objective completed in regular missions has always prevented anyone from joining after that point. (In my experience to date)

I've found that I can host a mission, even sorties, if I invite one person to squad and then start vote in public. Everyone who joins after that point loads in normally and there are no host migration issues. If I attempt to start a mission in public without first inviting someone to my squad and there is an open squad already in the mission the entire team appears in the "flight scene" even if they're already active in the mission. Once I load into the mission I find myself advanced into the map from the starting point and all of the squad members are either frozen in place or running in place and then I get "Host Migration in process . . ." and wind up back on my ship every single time. Half the time there is no message offering to reconnect and even when there is one and I try to reconnect I get "Session Unavailable".

The new assortment of bugs is way out of hand as well. Hud not rendering, weapon not returning to primary after resurrection, some pretty incredible pings and monster lag where dropped items float in slow motion while all the rest of the action is at normal speed . . . Too many bugs to list.

4 hours ago, Larcetosus said:

Sadly this does not resolve the issue with mine. Thanks for the info though.

Mine either. Whatever occurred after I messed with those settings it certainly wasn't my efforts that caused it. Just dumb luck or perhaps I had momentarily tricked the firewall into behaving properly? I haven't got a clue because all the problems are back with the same intensity. Depressing.

Edited by Huppa

On the launcher screen there is a settings button in the upper-right corner.  I disabled both DirectX 10 and 11 and that appears to have solved the host migration issue for me.  It did add a whole lot of fps lag and required graphics settings to be lowered, but I haven't had any issues joining public sessions since.

I've had multiple issues of this nature, but it didn't only happen in pubs. I've received host migration messages in two person invite-only games- and the other player was irl in the room next to me. It may be an issue pertaining to the repeated error messages every time I load up the game, telling me that two UDP ports are blocked (only when convenient- the message only shows up when I don't care enough to write on a forum to complain about it), and it only further strengthens my opinion that UDP ports are outdated technological monstrosities from the time when a single computer could fill a whole building; that is, if that is the problem I'm dealing with. I'm just confused at the fact that two people in the exact same location, on the exact same server, with the same reputable host, can't connect to each other properly in an invite-only game. I have attempted to use some of the methods listed here, but to no avail. If this game wasn't very frustrating with it's outdated servers before, it sure is now.  

This has got to be the most annoying bug in warframe history.

1st bug: When I start a mission, It takes me to a black screen for around 30 seconds, then joins the game. This is really annoying.

2nd bug: When I Join someone's mission, like Akkad, It does the black screen thing then when It gets into the loading page, It says connectivity lost, Returning back to menu.

Please patch these bugs as soon as possible.

Okay try optimizing your download cache (in the launcher as well) and if that don't do the trick clear your arp cache ( open your command prompt as administrator and type this command : netsh interface ip delete arpcache ).

Edited by ZiggySt4rdust
spelling mistake

13 hours ago, ZiggySt4rdust said:

Guys try this I'm pretty sure it'll fix the problem : disable DIRECT X (both versions) in your game launcher.

Good luck!

This is actually working for me. I tried the firewall settings from Huppa's sugggestion and that didn't work. There is however a lower framerate and quality but it's manageable for my laptop. I did however get a crash just now while doing an alert, they are more frequent now.

Whenever I try to join a friend in a mission, I am met with a message that states that a host migration is in progress, and am promptly sent back to the ship. I also have issues with hosting games, as when I load into the mission my friends are kicked out to their own mission and I am alone in mine. This has been happening for about 3 to 4 days, and I would really like some assistance for this.

Thank you.

Also suffering from the exact same issue here. After the loading screen I can already hear people running around and shooting but then black screen and the sounds are gone. Host migration occurs.  I was having some connection issues before the update but now I simply can't join a public game at all unless I host. Please fix this.

Edited by SPONGYSWORDATTACK