Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Language.

Kynian

Suddenly, why is now Captain Vor the only grineer that actually speaks Grineer?

I suggest that either he gets real lines, like his fellow grineers have right now, or that all other lines from other Grineers that are currently said in english be said in grineer language, with subtitles.

Just something I decided to share, since it was breaking my game immersion.

I hope they return to english instead of this sims-alike-gibberish.

It's simply more pressuring in a combat situation to hear the enemy scream orders like "I am going to flank"

instead of (for example) "Crapa lacka boracka" and think wtf.

Unless they want to give every Grineer in combat subtitles, which would defeat the purpose of creating immersion in the first place...

I hope they return to english instead of this sims-alike-gibberish.

It's simply more pressuring in a combat situation to hear the enemy scream orders like "I am going to flank"

instead of (for example) "Crapa lacka boracka" and think wtf.

Unless they want to give every Grineer in combat subtitles, which would defeat the purpose of creating immersion in the first place...

I disagree with that. Grineer should speak grineer, and do not need subtitles. Unless it is a boss with unique lines, I don't really find any combat significance in hearing "Stay close to the walls!" Especially since grineer lines seem to be unrelated to their actions.

If the actions do correspond to what they do, listening still does not provide that much more of a tactical advantage when it's a room full of grineer running about chaotically, taking cover on the wrong side of cover, fighting space ninjas who can be pretty much everywhere at once.

Were this a standard shooter, I might be more inclined to agree with you, but I think we don't really need to know what they are saying most of the time. And on top of that, grineer speaking grineer on a grineer ship to fellow grineer just makes more sense, especially with regards to immersion.

Besides, the tenno have been in cryosleep for forever and a half, what are the chances they would even understand modern grineer/corpus? I can understand being able to communicate with infested, or bosses through (probably auto-translated) com systems, but not casual soldiers/crewmen on the field.

I disagree with that. Grineer should speak grineer, and do not need subtitles.

So you say they should speak Grinner for sake of ... being Grineers and that nothing they say matters anyway.

Still, my point remains. Even though the A.I. might not do what they say, being able to understand their intentions builds atmosphere and pressure in and outside combat. Something I wouldn't want to miss out on.

So you say they should speak Grinner for sake of ... being Grineers and that nothing they say matters anyway.

Still, my point remains. Even though the A.I. might not do what they say, being able to understand their intentions builds atmosphere and pressure in and outside combat. Something I wouldn't want to miss out on.

pressure is already made by Gunners knocking you down and shooting you/Napalms spamming you/a crap ton of elites/fighting capt. Vor by making you go 'crap crap crap!' and making you go to cover to avoid a horrible and painful (can Tenno even feel pain?) death, and it screws up Lore and Immersion because, well, why the hell are they speaking damn fine English while the bosses can't speak it? What about the fact the Grineer don't want their enemies do know what they're doing, if this was a modern FPS maybe I'll agree with you, but then it would be no where near as fun

Besides, the tenno have been in cryosleep for forever and a half, what are the chances they would even understand modern grineer/corpus? I can understand being able to communicate with infested, or bosses through (probably auto-translated) com systems, but not casual soldiers/crewmen on the field.

I agree with this line of thought. I am all for immersion, and love hearing indiscernible alien gibberish, especially with those distorted voices.