Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Vs the World

RavingRoman

Question

Any idea how to push the Opticor's damage levels to compete with level 100 and more... bombards that is. Since they have the toughest armor and all.

Also please no Riven builds. I have horrible luck with getting rivens. RNG will not be kind to me any time soon.

7 answers to this question

Serration, split chamber, heavy cal. vile acceleration

90% element #1, 90% element #2, point strike, vital sense.

Pretty much the standard, should do the trick. (heavy cal barely affects the accuracy).

Edited by rapt0rman

Without armor stripping, it's going to be very difficult to quickly take out a 100+ Bombard with a pure damage weapon.  Status is king as levels get higher, especially Grineer.  A properly modded Braton or Grakata will kill a 100+ Bombard quicker than an Opticor because they can be built around armor stripping.

Pure damage is awesome in low-mid levels.  But higher level Grineer are better handled with high rof Corrosive weapons.

edit: Actually I just tested in the simulacrum, and it's pretty strong until you get to around 125+ (especially if it crits...50% with Point Strike).  So yeah just go with the modding advice above.  The Opticor should be fine until you get into the really high levels.

Edited by Tizodd

7 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

Without armor stripping, it's going to be very difficult to quickly take out a 100+ Bombard with a pure damage weapon.  Status is king as levels get higher, especially Grineer.  A properly modded Braton or Grakata will kill a 100+ Bombard quicker than an Opticor because they can be built around armor stripping.

Pure damage is awesome in low-mid levels.  But higher level Grineer are better handled with high rof Corrosive weapons.

Yeah, right now I have the build I listed but with 60% element/status mods instead of 90% (still working on formaing it) and frankly it still doesn't cut it in similaircum testing against lvl 100 corrupted bombards.

Going for status on it is a waste of time, and even with pure damage, it'll still take anywhere from 6-8 shots depending on crits (it only has 50% chance with point strike).

Edited by rapt0rman

The first build is ideal.

I would suggest Radiation elemental type for Alloy (Bombards, Napalms, ect)

Opticor is a damage per shot weapon and Radiation's ability to negate 75% of Alloy's armor value in addition to gaining 75% damage against that armor type will give Opticor a decent amount of punch against Alloy. Corrosive Shares this function against Ferrite armor.

Of course eventually it does not scale well but outside shooting the enemy 15+ times for Corrosive procs, that's about the best you can do.

Edited by Xzorn

4 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Yeah, right now I have the build I listed but with 60% element/status mods instead of 90% (still working on formaing it) and frankly it still doesn't cut it in similaircum testing against lvl 100 corrupted bombards.

Going for status on it is a waste of time, and even with pure damage, it'll still take anywhere from 6-8 shots depending on crits (it only has 50% chance with point strike).

High rof Corrosive weapons are definitely better vs high level Grineer, but the Opticor didn't perform as poorly as I remembered when I tested it just now.  Versus a level 100 Bombard it took two fully charged shots to kill; At around level 120ish, the damage falls off quite a bit though.

4 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

High rof Corrosive weapons are definitely better vs high level Grineer, but the Opticor didn't perform as poorly as I remembered when I tested it just now.  Versus a level 100 Bombard it took two fully charged shots to kill; At around level 120ish, the damage falls off quite a bit though.

I probably should have remembered to switch out for a rad build against bombards since corrosive status isn't viable lol >.>

Also, for reference, this is pretty much the maximum accuracy deviation with heavy cal and split chamber:

823hwID.jpg

Edited by rapt0rman