Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earth Tileset: What's wrong with it.

Angelid

You can skip most of this to the TL;DR, it's a bit of me gushing over the game. <3

First things first: DE, I love your game. It makes me happy that I am able to play it (MOSTLY for free >.>; ), and quite frankly I enjoy breaking the crap out of it. No, I don't hack. But theory crafting and finding bugs is something I do along with a number of my friends.

Secondly: I know I am saying them here, but to be honest I would rather you leave these in the game. BUT, they are bugs. Rather large ones that breaks the cohesion, immersion, and depth of your game. I love finding these, and to be incredibly honest, none of these are technically 'unfair' as many of the areas I find are so incredibly far away or removed that at least I haven't found a way to abuse them to make the game 'easier' or 'less fun'. On the contrary, I love spending hours getting stuck and finding how perfect I have to jump to make it three tiles over into a locked room. Once, it even saved a mission of mine; a final mission sortie when it first came out. An exterminate that for whatever reason there was a locked door when it shouldn't have been. I used my knowledge of the holes in the tile-sets to find a way around it.

Thirdly: I find that no one seems to know about these (not that I have dug that deeply) but at least as far back as 8 months in this particular board, there's nothing about some of the holes I know about (The Orokin moon tiles (Lua) had a pretty fun spot behind a tree at a T intersection that was more recently patched, but it took a good 3-4 months for them to fix it; It actually held some of the sky-box for the 'opening mission cutscene' where your ship flies toward the planet/moon. Even found the ship itself once. :P).

TL;DR:

A good 35% of the earth "Grineer Forest" tile-set has holes in it. I tested multiple missions and mission types. Yes, I'm using Titania to show ease-of-access, however parkour 2.0 will get pretty much anyone with enough will to get through most of these; also any Loki, Ivara, anyone with a teleport that isn't enemy-targeted, better maneuverability, ect.

Number One:

This one is the ceiling of one of the spy-only tiles, where you have to lower the water with three hacking targets before you can reach the spy target's room. No ceiling collision. It's not abuse-able because trying to clip through the floor makes you do a 'fall-reset', because of the water. You CAN lower the water THEN fly up and around... but that's more of a waste of time and energy. You can, however, use this tile to get to the outside of the rest of the tiles.

**Side note: I found another bug that, when trying to hack the spy terminal, sometimes if you were sliding, the terminal will 'open' and then quickly close in the same few frames, resulting in a 'failed' hack that wasn't even doable, due to you going out of range by sliding ON to the terminal. Happened more than once, in different tiles.

Side side note: Your windows are a little TOO clean to be windows. They look like I can go through them. >_> I find myself trying to walk out of time about half the time.

Spoiler

f0877d854ea599d9fb132038a5ab48f4.gif

Number Two:

At the extraction point that has a wide base and an open back, normally there would be invisible walls and ceilings. However, the invisible ceiling above that opens out into the sky is actually higher than the surrounding ceiling by just a bit. Couple this with a small hole near the far end on the upper left (facing toward the outlet to sky from the usual door into the tile), and you can break out of the tile.

Spoiler

be8fdb8b0ed824f46d6c2680fd1f81c1.gif

There is more that is going to be added; I had to get off for the night and I didn't want to lose my progress. Tuda-loo!

34 minutes ago, Angelid said:

Your windows are a little TOO clean to be windows.

That is an excellent observation.  They really should muddy up the windows a bit, break a few or at least crack them.

As for the holes, I believe they've been patching them up as they are found so there isn't much more you can do other than to report them and wait.

Find the appropriate sub-forum here https://forums.warframe.com/forum/171-pc-beta-bugs/ and report them as you find them.  Missions or Art & Animation maybe.

I believe screenshots in-game also embed meta-data so if you upload them directly to support they can find more precise info from that.

2 hours ago, EliteStrike1 said:

I'd suggest you pop yourself in this thread, they'd welcome your findings

O: Thanks, I didn't find that originally (I did a search for topics but didnt find it)