Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage output

KoboldMKB

Question

So, I've been playing WF for a while now, and I was wondering, how exactly do you get your dps so high?

I've seen videos of people killing high-level enemies with a couple shots while I seem to expend entire magazines on enemies of half that level. I know modding is involved, and since I learned about how elemental damage increase your damage by a huge margin, I've started using them, and while I've noticed a substantial increase in my damage output, I'm still nowhere near what I see in the videos. 

Can someone give me some advice on this? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Each mod has a couple of ranks. Each rank will, in most cases, improve your weapon's performance. You can upgrade it by selecting it in the mod menu and using Endo.

You also have to use the right elemental mods, depending on the faction you come up against, if you want to fully maximize your damage.

It's not all elemental mods though, there's also the base damage mods like Serration and Split Chamber, or their equivalent in other classes, and crit mods if it's appropriate for the weapon. These will increase your net damage, elemental + physical.

There's also the case that some weapons are just better than others. So the right weapon will determine how hard you can hit.

Abilities that increase damage also factors into how hard you can hit.

And recently, Riven mods are thrown in as well, but don't worry to much about those just yet.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

Part weapon part build. The build will always be important, the weapon becomes more important as the levels scale up.

Generally you can check online searches or simply ask the community about the effectiveness of a weapon and what build could be (close to) ideal. These builds can be quite intensive however in time to set up so farming will be involved to get your mod collection up to par.