Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How much Power Strength does Oberon/Oberon Prime need to strip all enemies' armor?

Lazframe

Question

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Staggeringking2 said:

With with 170% power strength it will take 2 casts of Reckoning with Hallowed Ground to strip all the armour off an enemy (armour strip is 50% wth 170% power str)

I'm not sure there is a way to strip 100% of armour with ONE cast of Reckoning.

The question is, does it strip 50% armor of the max armor or of the remaining armor at the second cast? I'm not entirely certain about this.

Can anyone clarify?

Edited by Genoscythe

even with 299 power str you won't achieve full armor strip (it will be at 88-89% strip) with 1 cast. Cant remember all the exact values since i tested him a while ago and i'm not ingame. Personally I would advise you against it. Even if you'd achieve 100% you'd need energy conversion also and you'd pretty much sacrifice all mod slots for power str mods (transient, blind rage, intensify, energy conversion, power drift, growing power so that's 5 mods + aura but no range, no effi and some survivability. Go for a more balanced build, rather than a full power str one.

3 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

The question is, does it strip 50% armor of the max armor or of the remaining armor at the second cast? I'm not entirely certain about this.

Can anyone clarify?

50% of the base, so thats 50% of max. 

so 170% for 2 casts, or over 300 to do it in 1.

2 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

even with 299 power str you won't achieve full armor strip (it will be at 88-89% strip) with 1 cast. Cant remember all the exact values since i tested him a while ago and i'm not ingame. Personally I would advise you against it. Even if you'd achieve 100% you'd need energy conversion also and you'd pretty much sacrifice all mod slots for power str mods (transient, blind rage, intensify, energy conversion, power drift, growing power so that's 5 mods + aura but no range, no effi and some survivability. Go for a more balanced build, rather than a full power str one.

I also kinda think that frost can do the job better, with 40% base armor reduction you could possibly reach a 100% and still have snowglobe to defend yourself and set up a defense postion.

2 minutes ago, Baterial said:

on yt is clip where Brozome was testing him after rework and was very mad at this xdd

each ytber has a different playstyle, i'm not a fan of copying builds from youtube because the way those ppl play them may not suit your personal style or liking. I usually test builds myself and adjust them for me.

20 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

each ytber has a different playstyle, i'm not a fan of copying builds from youtube because the way those ppl play them may not suit your personal style or liking. I usually test builds myself and adjust them for me.

Agreed, people should test, experience and learn such themself like in any game.

Best exampßle i can give was old skill system in WoW around Lichking Addon, played a Druid and skilled him as i thought was best and right, changed to a "better and more meta" one as one told me to do, i ended up not able ot heal anymore, was out of mana all the time etc, gone back to my old skill and there i could heal better again, and healed better as others with it without problems.

I hate when players do that in any game, we have a free skill or modding system for a reason, if there would be only one best way, we wouldn't need this freedom and could jsut remvoe it completly, there is only a bad skilling/modding or optimizing a certain way liek in Warfraem, focusing on Damage, CC or Support.

And listening to Youtubers or esepcialy well known ones is dumb, jsut because soemoen is well known and playsa game alot not means he is always right, also its sitll only a opinion not a word you need ot take all seriosu.

Edited by Marine027

Last time I played with this, Corrosive Projection worked so that you only needed to strip 70% instead. With that in mind, it opens up plenty of options for either a single cast of 234% Strength? (correct me if I'm wrong) or a double cast of 170ish. Let alone if there's another CP around.