Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to disable idle animations

Kethus

I really like Harrow's noble animations and want to use them on other frames, but if I do, the frame will stand there for a little, looking all disciplined with hands behind his back, until he decides to go like "Hold up, let me pull out my imaginary thurible and swing it around for a few seconds". Same can be said about Titania playing with her butterflies, Ash generating smoke, Volt - electricity, Frost making and breaking something made of ice and so on. So there could be a button to enable/disable these animations, but the UI might get too cluttered, and others may oppose straight up disabling the animations if the original frame isn't used, since they want their Nekros to emit electricity. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of allowing the idle stance to be enabled, but being able to disable the idle animation.

+1 OP.

Edit: To add to the list of annoying idle animations that don't fit other frames, Nekros Noble idle anim. Love the way he stands and holds weapons, very much dislike the animation based on his ult.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kethus said:

I really like Harrow's noble animations and want to use them on other frames

Just to be clear, you want the weaponless liset idle animation disabled right?

An alternate solution would be to simply add the unique frame objects to the animations.  I can see Ember's fire and volt's electric on any frame, or saryn's cloud (on agile), only harrow and titania (one or two others?) have special objects that are invisible on other frames.

As a side note, I do find it amusing to watch Saryn pantomime harrow's thurible, though I'm sure it would get tiresome after a while.

One last thing, why are the idle animations triggered so often when standing around.  Its like every 5 seconds?  Some of them get incredibly annoying (frost) when you are chatting or doing something that doesn't involve moving around a lot.

7 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Just to be clear, you want the weaponless liset idle animation disabled right?

Yes, it's also played when you're on any relay, at Iron Wake, clan dojos, and when you equip your scanner during a mission.