Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using dual-pistols while carrying datamass/payload

FrankJaeger

Just a logistics concern.

Playing a mission today where I had to deliver a payload. I had my AKBOLTO pistols selected, and when I picked up the payload (which takes up one "hand"), I still had two full clips of ammo while only ever shooting one pistol. Might need to make adjustments in the future when one hand is used or occupied and you can't actually use both pistols.

-Jaeger out

same goes for every AK weapon , reason being the model is 2 pistols but the gun is still only 1 gun all ammo is unanimous so a single pistol can use all 30 of it.

to fix this the AK weapons are going to need to be overhauled or both weapons made unique at which point you probably could buy 2 different side arms and use them as AK what ever i.e. use bronco and bolto to have a shotgun and a bolt gun as a side arm that alternates between shots.

but that would be nonsense.

technically if you carried 2 pistols and only used one that means you'd still have a 2nd loaded pistol to swap to ;)

This would also impact reloading time...

Anyway, while you're at it maybe someone should think about how Akimbo weapons can have an uneven number of ammo in their magazines... And how a single one has still the firing rate of two.

"33/200"

Also, I believe you only have one gun out while downed, but it has the capacity/firing rate of two.

Edited by OzymandiasLlewellyn

Yeah, dual weapons are not literally two separate weapons in each hand with their own ammo pools. At least currently, all Ak[gun] are an entirely new version of the previous single variant, but with added fire rate and double the clip size.

If you have 33/200, it sounds like you have hit a 'clip' node which I believe usually adds 10%? Still a single weapon technically, so the nodes aren't double in effectiveness for the dual variants.

technically if you carried 2 pistols and only used one that means you'd still have a 2nd loaded pistol to swap to ;)

Except that there is no animation of him swapping. So if they wanted to keep the utility of the 2nd loaded pistol, they would need to have a quick (much faster than a reload, just a second long) animation of the Tenno swapping guns, or switching the datamass to the opposite hand to use the 2nd gun (which I think would be a polished touch). This would mean they wouldn't have to recreate/recode the weapons entirely to make them two technically distinct weapons.