Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old frames revamp

Ashkoorth

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else share the same opinion as I have regarding the overall physique of older frames compared to newer frames. Listed below are a few issues that I have, to start with 

1. Rhino - Isn't he suppose to be "the" muscles of Warframe? I do admit its mass fits perfectly for his description, but his height compared to other/newer generations of Warframe is generally putting shame on our beloved "Golden God".

2. Excaliber - The first born, the dawn awakened. Speculated to be the "Eldest", but the least blessed with height. Have you seen him standing next to Harrow? 

Thoughts?

So you are telling me that if you are not tall you are not cool? 

I think that is extremely offensive sir !

No really, we don't really need a 5m high rhino, he is SHEET anyway, there are a lot of stronger tanks, he is more of a CC than a tank nowdays. (Inaros, Limbo, Nidus, Harrow, Oberon tank better).

Excalibur is not extremely high, but... is that really a problem? i mean, a tall warframe would have more problems moving around and would be easier to hit if you think about it, exca needs to be somewhat agile, thus making him too high would compromise that agility.

If you think about it, all the cinematics are modeled after the base Excalibur. Deviate from this too much and you'd have some pretty horrible looking cinematics. 

(In other words, height differences to the max would be cool, but they wouldn't work in terms of how DE makes the game)

Edited by Orthelius

Actually, there is a standard frame height that very few actually deviate from in a significant way. Harrow and Excalibur are roughly the same height. The false height difference you are seeing largely has to do with stances. Silly hats don't help either. The actual tops of their heads line up pretty evenly.

Edited by Ceryk

Excalibur is a manlet. But he does need a bit of a revamp - his exalted blade looks extremely dated. The sword looks cheap, especially compared to graphics of  recent frames' abilities. Like Nidus' abilities look so cool. And exalted blade looks like something someone made in the first week of development to get the game out to investors. Which is pretty much the case. Nothing wrong with that. But Excal needs some love and he needs his ultimate ability to be brought in the modern age visually.