Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duel wield melee weapons question

WarKittah

Question

Greetings All,

I am trying to decide which might be better for a MR2 noob like me to upgrade from the Skana, the duel Heat Swords (sword and dagger really), and the Duel Zoran (axes).  I can afford to build either one at this point.  Currently have a Boltor and a Fenris on the way and looking for a melee to go with them.

Thank you for any help!

War Kittah

10 answers to this question

If you are on PC you can probably get help on recruit chat to build any weapon that is MR2 or lower. 

But personally in my opinion you're overthinking it. Get whatever you want you will rank up in no time and eventually have everything. 

Just build the Carrier sentinel and max the Vacuum mod. That way you wont miss any resources dropped and you will be able to build more and more stuff.

Thank you  both for the reply......when you say "you should get both for the mastery" does that mean after a weapon maxes out it no longer adds 'points' or whatever to get  you to the next mastery rank?

War Kittah

I would suggest trying out the new dual wield Pistol + Glaive options with the normal Glaive weapon or at MR3 the Cerata.

It's a pretty strong combination when you're not going to play full melee.

Of the two melee you asked about I'd say Dual Zorren are the more effective option but you won't want to really stick with either for long. Twin Basolk is a decent MR3 dual swords weapon that you might end up keeping.

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I would suggest trying out the new dual wield Pistol + Glaive options with the normal Glaive weapon or at MR3 the Cerata.

Oh God I'm still so salty about the Cerata being 20% status chance instead of the 30% listed. I check it every day now.

@WarKittahThe Dual Zorens is an awesome Crit Beast though that will last you for a long time. Plus you keep it to use it to create the Twin Basolk or whatever you call it.

@WarKittah To answer your question about mastery of your weapons... Weapons (and Warframes and Companions) only give you mastery the first time they are ranked to 30.  Mastery points are what you accumulate to rank up to the next mastery rank (will often see as MR or MR2 in your case).  Weapons give you 100 points per level (3000 total), warframes and companions (sentinels, kubrows, kavats, helminth charger) give you 200 per level (6000 total).  So try not to get rid of anything until you've gotten it to 30.

Pro Tip: sentinels come with a special sentinel weapon that also gives mastery, so sentinels can give you a total of 9000 points making them a great source of mastery early on. Oh, and the sentinel weapons or interchangeable too.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)VehementCrusher said:

@WarKittah To answer your question about mastery of your weapons... Weapons (and Warframes and Companions) only give you mastery the first time they are ranked to 30.  Mastery points are what you accumulate to rank up to the next mastery rank (will often see as MR or MR2 in your case).  Weapons give you 100 points per level (3000 total), warframes and companions (sentinels, kubrows, kavats, helminth charger) give you 200 per level (6000 total).  So try not to get rid of anything until you've gotten it to 30.

Yep, and mastery rank provides a lot of benefits. Getting to the highest Mr is usually the main goal of most players. 

I have the BP for the Atterax, looking forward to using it, but need 2 of those crystals that are in the Void, will be a while before I can get to them. so I am thinking twin Z, Twin Basolik, and then the Atterax.

War kittah

2 hours ago, WarKittah said:

need 2 of those crystals that are in the Void, will be a while before I can get to them

If you need some resources from further along in the Star Chart,
you could just ask a Clanmate (BTW join a Clan if you haven't yet, it's pretty much mandatory)
to bring you along (commonly called taxi-ing someone) for a quick farming session.