Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we make crates in Derelict drop valuable stuff too?

Genoscythe

This kinda bothers me for a long time now:

Doing parkour vaults in the orokin derelict tileset is quite pointless at the moment. The crates do not drop any mods or interesting items apart from resources which you can also get faster by killing enemies.

I would be a lot happier to see derelict crates contain some rewards apart from credits and resources.

Just now, Skaleek said:

Derelict orokin crates drop mods just like regular orokin crates. Also orokin rare caches spawn in the derelict, which drop full forma.

I just cleared 2 vaults and most crates in a derelict without getting a mod. As far as i remember they never dropped mods.

3 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

I just cleared 2 vaults and most crates in a derelict without getting a mod. As far as i remember they never dropped mods.

They do. I always clear the crates under the dual bridge tile because i get rage so often from it. Unless something was changed very recently.

P.S. if you find a reinforced orokin cache invite me! I have never found one in all my time on WF.

Edited by Skaleek

23 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

They do. I always clear the crates under the dual bridge tile because i get rage so often from it. Unless something was changed very recently.

P.S. if you find a reinforced orokin cache invite me! I have never found one in all my time on WF.

I can assure you they do not, last 3 missions there was not a single mod in any crate in OD, please confirm and provide screenshots if you would, because in my gametime since U9 I have never gotten any from OD.

Aaah just got that reinforced crate and got mantis avionics, still no mods though, was playing solo so I couldnt inv ya.

Edited by Genoscythe

Derelict has very meager rewards indeed, so much that I almost never go there anymore. Only for Corrupt mod runs. (and Mutagen Samples and Octavia Neuroptics for those who still need them)

The crates may drop mods sometimes, but they're very common.  They usually always drop resources. (from memory I don't recall mods dropping at all, really. Just the resources).
Void crates have a chance of dropping rare mods. This chance is noticeably increased for crates that are hidden in secret rooms and parkour obstacle rooms.

Doing the parkour obstacle course in Derelict also has no good rewards at all. Every reward in there is very plain.

Even the Derelict Sabotage mission doesn't fare better., The best you can get from finding all 3 caches is Mutalist Nav Coordinate and Argon Crystal.

Edited by MystMan

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

They do not.  It just happens that there's also a very small number of "non-derelict" Orokin crates around on the tileset, and THOSE sometimes drop mods.

17 hours ago, Tuoweit said:

They do not.  It just happens that there's also a very small number of "non-derelict" Orokin crates around on the tileset, and THOSE sometimes drop mods.

So, then, the derelict DOES drop mods, just not all crates drop them. I think that's ok. Although the barrier for entry is now higher for the derelict than it is for the regular void.