Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce the Recoil on Aklex Prime

African-Sapien616

There is too much kick with the Aklex prime compared to lex prime. The lex prime has less recoil than the aklex prime. But other weapons like the vasto have higher recoil with single variants compared to the dual wield variants. Besides the shots being fired are alternating from one gun then the other. The recoil should only be felt from the gun that fired not both. 

To other players: What do you think about the Aklex prime's recoil?

Vasto vs Akvasto has different points of balance then lex vs aklex.

The way I see it, vasto is designed to be a fast paced run and gun weapon, holding two of them follows the same theme so functions as just a straight up buff.

Meanwhile lex has always filled more of a slow and steady sniper role, and honestly.... you don't really need to hold two of them... at all. Or rather, If you do you probably aren't using them as snipers anymore and are taking them into the "fast paced run and gun" territory at the cost of more recoil.

Edited by rapt0rman

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Vasto vs Akvasto has different points of balance then lex vs aklex.

The way I see it, vasto is designed to be a fast paced run and gun weapon, holding two of them follows the same theme so functions as just a straight up buff.

Meanwhile lex has always filled more of a slow and steady sniper role, and honestly.... you don't really need to hold two of them... at all. Or rather, If you do you probably aren't using them as snipers anymore and are taking them into the "fast paced run and gun" territory at the cost of more recoil.

This ^ Last I checked firing two hand cannons is gonna brake your arms even more than just firing one. That's like expecting the Afuris to have less recoil than just the Furis, or any dual wielded secondary to have less recoil than just one of the same gun

Just now, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

This ^ Last I checked firing two hand cannons is gonna brake your arms even more than just firing one. That's like expecting the Afuris to have less recoil than just the Furis, or any dual wielded secondary to have less recoil than just one of the same gun

Then again twin grakatas does exactly that >.>

No, the aklex is fine as it is. The fact you're firing ".50 cal" bullets from each gun in one hand is going to be considerable kickback. Even firing one with both hands stabalizing is still one heck of force to be reckoned with. Also, considering the strength of the gun as is being one of the most powerful crit dmg / dmg pistols in the game, it'd be broken to have lowered recoil all things considered. There are such things called as tradeoffs. You have the massive dmg to begin with, you trade off with recoil.

8 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

No, the aklex is fine as it is. The fact you're firing ".50 cal" bullets from each gun in one hand is going to be considerable kickback. Even firing one with both hands stabalizing is still one heck of force to be reckoned with. Also, considering the strength of the gun as is being one of the most powerful crit dmg / dmg pistols in the game, it'd be broken to have lowered recoil all things considered. There are such things called as tradeoffs. You have the massive dmg to begin with, you trade off with recoil.

yeah but your frame has 2 hands. When one hand fires, why does the other hand feel the recoil when holding the twin that hasn't fired yet? Thats what doesn't make sense to me. 

Edit: You make a fair point tho. Its kinda like borderlands 2 weapons. High dmg usually comes with high recoil.

Edited by African-Sapien616

The recoil acts like a balance factor. I use -recoil mods and looking for a - recoil riven for ages.

The warframe-builder maniacs are going to say that you loose DPS by doing that but here is the deal: at lower levels aklex P does enough dmg already, when you stop one shooting enemies, been able to place shots faster into enemies actually increases your DPS but this is not shown on paper.